Appeals which have been closed.
Sanator
Byond Username: Sanator

[nabski] Sanator - AI, borg and pAI perma jobban

Post by Sanator » #426048

Byond account and character name: Sanator; S.A.N.#27

Banning admin: nabski

Ban type (What are you banned from?): AI, cyborg and pAI

Ban reason and length: Permanentely banned from AI, Cyborg, pAI - Bolted down people because they got ammo and refused to let them leave. Disconnected before I could talk to them.

Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2018-07-05 23:17:26 GMT+0

Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Sybil

Your side of the story: I was playing AI, a role I'm not very experienced with. I saw a Security Officer grab Incendiary rounds and heard him conspire against me, so I locked him in Sec. Meanwhile Revs were killing people so I went to take care of that. ~5 minutes later my game crashed. When I came back I was banned, I tried explaining the situation to the admin, and he seemed to understand, so I thought I would only get banned for 24 Hours, fine. Now I came back a week later and I'm still banned, I asked another admin what was going on and turns out I'm permabanned and nabski wants me to explain myself here.

Why you think you should be unbanned: The permaban is completely unnecessary and an overreaction seeing that one of the ban reasons is entirely untrue "Disconnected before I could talk to them.", I did not disconnect willingly and I spoke with the admin after I came back, I have no idea why the reason wasn't changed. And I also think that just bolting down people temporarily as an AI - especially when they're a threat to both other persons (having a loaded shotgun with incendiary rounds for no reason 5 minutes into the round) and the AI (conspiring against me) - was justified in this situation, and as I've stated multiple times, it was a temporary measure. I would be fine with a 24-48 hour ban, but a permaban (not only to AI role but to Cybotg and pAI as well) is blown out of proportion, especially for a player still new to the AI role, as I also explained to the admin at the time.
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Re: [nabski] Sanator - AI, borg and pAI perma jobban

Post by Nabski » #426084

This is not a permaban, it was just for 10 days. This expires in 2 days.

I believe it had been perma before you logged back on to explain, at which point I reduced the time.
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Re: [nabski] Sanator - AI, borg and pAI perma jobban

Post by CitrusGender » #426420

A week jobban is for a second offense is pretty common, especially when it's outlined in the rules.
Releasing prisoners, locking down security without likely future harm, or otherwise sabotaging the security team when not obligated to by laws is a violation of Server Rule 1. Act in good faith.
Ultimately, there really isn't much an A.I. can do during a revolution other than preventing immediate harm. Any attempt to prevent future harm such as locking down security officers will unfortunately lead to revolutionaries killing other people. Though, it may always be a safe bet to side with security unless they've issued a kill order (this is just my opinion.) I feel bad because the A.I. is basically helpless in this situation, but we can't allow for them to deliberately impede someone else's gameplay experience when the other side is just as awful.

Just read up on silicon policy a little bit more to understand the role of the A.I. It's a shame that these type of situations happen, but we need to make a balance to ensure someone who can bolt all doors on the station is acting fairly.

Additionally, the ban isn't permanent, it should wear off soon.

As of now, this appeal is denied. Any other headmin can post.