Post by TenPol » #425078

Post Content:
Byond account and character name:TenPol/Reuben Lars
Banning admin:feemjmeem
Ban type (What are you banned from?):ooc/deadchat
Ban reason and length:Abusive language, permanent
Time ban was placed (including time zone):2018-06-17 21:36:55
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil):Both
Your side of the story: I implied that people that would listen to the admin-generated midi and enjoyed it was like being a pedo.
Why you think you should be unbanned: It was in poor taste, I'm not surprised I was banned, thank you for considering this ban appeal.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Re: [feemjmeem] TenPol OOC ban appeal

Post by Arianya » #425080

Full ban reason:
Creepy shit about being a pedo. You've been warned before about gross ERP shit, we don't need you clogging up OOC or any other part of the game with this kinda thing, even if it's 'ironic.'
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
feem
Byond Username: Feemjmeem
Github Username: feemjmeem

Post by feem » #425094

I'm not comfortable lifting this. You have two prior notes specifically related to rule 8 in addition to this ban. If you'd toed over the line any further than you did it would've been a permaban.

I need you to indicate that you understand that creepy sexual shit, even in passing, is NOT allowed here.
TenPol

Post by TenPol » #425095

My english is fine, I assure you I intend to be more careful about "dark humour", I need you to understand that there was nothing erotic about my use of the word pedo, and the statement that people that like any particular kind of music are more liable to be pedophiliacs than any other is a joke, if only it were so simple.

"Erotic/creepy stuff is not allowed.
No form of erotic roleplay is allowed on the servers, including things that could be construed as sexual by unwilling participants."

I do understand it may have come across as creepy, but to reiterate, erotic is not what comes to mind when fucking around with the word "pedo".
feem
Byond Username: Feemjmeem
Github Username: feemjmeem

Post by feem » #425115

Joking about people being pedophiles or about pedophilia or really just talking about it in general is not appropriate here.

Your prior notes include 'jokes' like telling an admin that they made you horny and grabbing your junk suggestively ICly at another player.

These things aren't really defensible.

I gave you an OOC ban in lieu of a permaban for this behavior.

Denied, pending headmin review.
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Post by CitrusGender » #426422

Sorry for the late response, but what was the round ID and Server? OP specified a time, but no timezone and server. Also, what exactly was said in OOC? The previous lewd stuff that was stated was pretty bad, though it was a year ago.

I'll unlock this so that OP can respond.
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Post by CitrusGender » #426430

[2018-06-17 21:33:14.327] OOC: TenPol/(Von Krossenheim) : this music makes me like young children (113,110,2)
[2018-06-17 21:34:54.417] OOC: TenPol/(Von Krossenheim) : and a hipocrit oto, i realize i know this (105,68,2)
[2018-06-17 21:35:05.691] OOC: TenPol/(Von Krossenheim) : so i guess im a pedo too :C (105,68,2)
[2018-06-17 21:36:55.503] ADMINPRIVATE: Feemjmeem/(Dave Musca) perma-banned TenPol/(Von Krossenheim) from OOC
[2018-06-17 21:37:01.081] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Feemjmeem/(Dave Musca)->TenPol/(Von Krossenheim): You've been warned before about gross ERP shit, we don't need you clogging up OOC or any other part of the game with this kinda thing, even if it's 'ironic.' OOC ban.
[2018-06-17 21:37:04.982] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: TenPol/(Von Krossenheim)->Feemjmeem/(Dave Musca): i have?

I don't know. I feel like this falls outside of the realm of what I would consider comparable to "gross ERP shit." OP does have some pretty bad notes previously granted, but they were from one year ago. Additionally, this OOC ban doesn't have any previous OOC transgressions to accompany them.

Furthermore, the player was banned before they were even ahelped. Granted, that isn't too uncommon with OOC bans. Still, it just feels a bit off and really shouldn't be the way of doing things. As of now, I think a month off of OOC is acceptable. However, I don't think that this fulfills what I would consider being within the realm of rule 8.

This appeal has been accepted. Any other headmin may post.