[rustledjimm] Spankmaster - Improper locking of handling ban appeal complaint

Toronto88
Byond Username: Booboobug

[rustledjimm] Spankmaster - Improper locking of handling ban appeal complaint

Post by Toronto88 » #428161

Byond account and character name: Spankmaster (Frederick W Alarms II)
Admin: rustledjimm
Time and Server(Bagil or Sybil) incident occurred: Bagil time unknown
ROUND ID HERE: N/A
Detailed summary: I made a valid complaint and rustledjimm locked it because "this is a complaint against me so I am locking it" as seen here:

He has admitted to enjoying abusing me:

He says he locked the thread because it was "full of shitposts" when the only shitposts came from him and other admins who were defending him:

I was told I had permission to post this thread so do not lock it
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Re: [rustledjimm] Spankmaster - Improper locking of handling ban appeal complaint

Post by Arianya » #428171

Your complaint against beesting for not having read the Admin Complaint rules is accepted. I've had a word with them and let them know they're on thin ice for such reckless disregard of FNR rules.

The other unrelated stuff regarding RustledJimm doesn't comply with Rule 6 of Admin Complaints however, unfortunately.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
Toronto88

Re: [rustledjimm] Spankmaster - Improper locking of handling ban appeal complaint

Post by Toronto88 » #428175

Arianya wrote:Your complaint against beesting for not having read the Admin Complaint rules is accepted. I've had a word with them and let them know they're on thin ice for such reckless disregard of FNR rules.

The other unrelated stuff regarding RustledJimm doesn't comply with Rule 6 of Admin Complaints however, unfortunately.
It all ties into an ingame issue.

It seems a bit ridiculous to me that there is no venue where a player can complain about an admin's behavior with regard to ban appeals and such. There is no reason you should not be allowed to post a complaint on this.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #428176

Toronto88 wrote: It seems a bit ridiculous to me that there is no venue where a player can complain about an admin's behavior with regard to ban appeals and such. There is no reason you should not be allowed to post a complaint on this.
There is a venue, it's called forum PMs to headmins or (in the case of complaining about a/all headmin(s)) to the host (MrStonedOne)

I hope this helped =)
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
Toronto88

Post by Toronto88 » #428178

Arianya wrote:
Toronto88 wrote: It seems a bit ridiculous to me that there is no venue where a player can complain about an admin's behavior with regard to ban appeals and such. There is no reason you should not be allowed to post a complaint on this.
There is a venue, it's called forum PMs to headmins or (in the case of complaining about a/all headmin(s)) to the host (MrStonedOne)

I hope this helped =)
Why not make a forum section for it? We don't tell people to handle ban appeals by contacting headmins privately, I don't see why it should function differently for forum issues.

Has there been any other instances where an admin made a statement like "Locking this complaint, as it is about me", and then locked the thread? Asking because I checked the rules and did not see a rule that says "If someone posts a complaint against you, you must lock it" and I can't find any other complaints which were handled in this way.
feem
Byond Username: Feemjmeem
Github Username: feemjmeem

Post by feem » #428182

When a lot of people start peanut posting in an appeal or complaint thread, or the topic starts to wander, it's very common to lock the thread until a headmin can respond to the initial comparing.

Or, in this case, until a different headmin can respond.
Toronto88

Post by Toronto88 » #428185

It didn't really wander. I will compile all wander posts from the thread.
  • "What thread" - Qbmax32, Administrator
  • "But what thread" - Qbmax32, Administrator in response to me saying, "It's linked in my OP. If the admins are going to mistreat me and ignore my complaints that's fine, but please be real with me here. I am asking for honesty, not any specific end result."
  • ">Complaining about hut posting

uhuh." - Rustledjimm, administrator and subject of the complaint.
  • "Someone hacked his account again he’s innocent" - Qbmax32, administrator
    r/*:m:
  • "What do you expect doing something stupid." - Rustledjimm, administrator and subject of the complaint.
  • "Since this is a complaint against me I am locking it until another headmin can come along." - Rustledjimm, administrator and subject of the complaint.
All other posts were tangential to the subject of the complaint. Ironically, in the the thread which had to be locked for "shitposting" (an explanation which was retrofitted onto the lock after the locker realized he probably should not say he is locking a complaint "because it is about me"), the only people shitposting were staff who later adopted a position that shitposting is bad and leads to threads being locked.

If this is acceptable behavior, then a precedent has been set that a /tg/ admin can come into a complaint about themselves, shitpost, and then lock the thread on the ground that there's been too much shitposting. Not very good!
feem
Byond Username: Feemjmeem
Github Username: feemjmeem

Post by feem » #428186

Would you prefer I lock the thread instead of Rustled? Because I've done that plenty of times, as have other admins.

I don't have any feelings about this in any given direction, but it is completely typical to lock a thread which looks like it's going to run off the rails or has peanut posters in it until someone who is able to address the complaint can respond.
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Post by CitrusGender » #428187

He can lock the thread technically because he was waiting for a reply from me.

He's allowed to lock it and technically he can handle it (though it's not in good faith to do so.)

I will reply to the other thread now, hold on.
Owegno
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Owegno

Post by Owegno » #428188

This situation is very dumb. Tonto go remake your appeal in a serious manner (visible text, an actual reason why you should be unbanned instead of a joke suggestion) As for everyone else involved; take this as a lesson on why you should treat all complaints and appeals seriously. Don't just brush it off with a "denied" or lock a complaint against yourself. Treat it like you would any others and state reasons for denying an appeal and don't lock your own complaints.