In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Asskek

[Imsxz] asskek - bad ruling

Post by asskek » #432120

Byond account and character name: asskek, character name Laaraji XVI
Admin: Imsxz
Time and Server(Bagil or Sybil) incident occurred: 11:00 EST Bagil
ROUND ID HERE: 92257
Detailed summary: I was a security officer, and a giant, red corgi that Imsxz spawned was running around harassing people with Voice of God. After it had made a random crewmember fall asleep, I began helping that crewmember pursue it to slay the beast. This was on a round with giant spiders all over the place and multiple traitors -- most of which we had already taken care of. Then, later upon hitting the giant, red corgi ("Smallford") again after re-igniting the pursuit, three random non-antags -- John Smith, Savannah Skywalker, and Phyllis Richter -- proceeded to load me up with riot buckshot and beat me to death. John Smith, who did most of the beating, then attempted to hide my corpse in maintenence. I ahelped this and Imsxz ruled it completely valid because "I hit the dog". I had done nothing to anger the crew other than catch traitors, help Medbay clone people, and kill giant spiders. The AI (Golem) can attest to that.

Don't give an admin event mob 800 health and tell it to harass people with Voice of God if you don't want it hunted.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Re: [Imsxz] asskek - bad ruling

Post by Arianya » #432122

Peanut Policy Disclaimer:
Spoiler:
I was on the server adminning when this happened, etc etc, can't touch me now PKP! :^)
The dog was largely non-harmful, with it notably only using any "bad" words like sleep/burn/die on people who attacked it first.

As you yourself provided:

It only slept Jeremy upon being attacked, and it only used "DIE" on you after you cut it with an e-sword. You then proceeded to cut it again, it tried to flee, you pulled out a riot shotgun, and some assistants who liked the dog disarmed you, shot you with your own gun and toolboxed you. You were also promptly cloned without any admin intervention on my or imsxz's part.

You are not immunised to IC consequences just because the dog had VoG. People are not going to be bwoinked for stopping you from murdering someone/something they are friendly with. There are exceptions to this with regards to potential metacliquing/metafriending/selfantagging, but this wasn't such an instance.

Imsxz handled the ticket correctly by advising you it was a IC issue, and keeping an eye on your body (though they didn't have to interfere) to ensure it didn't get spaced/cremated/whatever (which would have been over the line).

I actually find this admin complaint pretty shitty and meanspirited with the way you've left out information you clearly had/knew, throwing said complaint in an ahelp and then posting in OOC post-round about how you were going to make it and had made it. Your valids aren't sacred.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
asskek
In Game PermaBanned

Post by asskek » #432123

Arianya wrote:Peanut Policy Disclaimer:
Spoiler:
I was on the server adminning when this happened, etc etc, can't touch me now PKP! :^)
The dog was largely non-harmful, with it notably only using any "bad" words like sleep/burn/die on people who attacked it first.

As you yourself provided:

It only slept Jeremy upon being attacked, and it only used "DIE" on you after you cut it with an e-sword. You then proceeded to cut it again, it tried to flee, you pulled out a riot shotgun, and some assistants who liked the dog disarmed you, shot you with your own gun and toolboxed you. You were also promptly cloned without any admin intervention on my or imsxz's part.

You are not immunised to IC consequences just because the dog had VoG. People are not going to be bwoinked for stopping you from murdering someone/something they are friendly with. There are exceptions to this with regards to potential metacliquing/metafriending/selfantagging, but this wasn't such an instance.

Imsxz handled the ticket correctly by advising you it was a IC issue, and keeping an eye on your body (though they didn't have to interfere) to ensure it didn't get spaced/cremated/whatever (which would have been over the line).

I actually find this admin complaint pretty shitty and meanspirited with the way you've left out information you clearly had/knew, throwing said complaint in an ahelp and then posting in OOC post-round about how you were going to make it and had made it. Your valids aren't sacred.
John Smith had literally tried to hide my body in maintenence. I was only saved by a doctor grabbing me from him. How is that valid? Admin events aren't characters, lmao.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master

Post by Arianya » #432124

If you really want to get technical about this, you could have been pulled up on a past headmin ruling which has it that attacking non-hostile admin spawned characters is against the rules, as ruled by at-the-time headmin PKP.

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 58#p340869

And before you even start, self-defence does not hostile make it, but I guess imsxz was too nice to turn this around on you on those grounds.

But I've said my piece, this can wait for the headmins/imsxz

asskek
In Game PermaBanned

Post by asskek » #432126

I was not aware of that headmin ruling. Policy is different on Hippie -- I was exiled there for a very long time. This complaint can he closed. Thanks for sorting this out!

EDIT: I am only agreeing to this being closed considering that ruling implies admin-spawned characters may be considered just as fellow crewmembers are when it comes to murder, by other crewmembers. I do not believe I broke a rule, as this was a giant red hound-monster with the booming voice of a devil.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master

Post by Arianya » #432128

Truly, the face of evil itself.

[youtube]nWwIyKOCrd8[/youtube]

asskek
In Game PermaBanned

Post by asskek » #432133

Arianya wrote:Truly, the face of evil itself.

[youtube]nWwIyKOCrd8[/youtube]
Plasmamen do not recognize cartoons as truth. They distrust them.
Owegno
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Owegno

Post by Owegno » #432154

I'm resolving this since nothing else needs to be said.