pre-emptively search for, hinder or otherwise seek conflict with antagonists

zaracka
Byond Username: Zaracka

pre-emptively search for, hinder or otherwise seek conflict with antagonists

Post by zaracka » #431972

Lone antagonists can do whatever they want.
Short of metagaming/comms, bug/exploit abuse, erotic/creepy stuff, OOC in IC or IC in OOC, and spawn-camping arrivals. Team antagonists can do whatever they want as per lone antagonists, as long as it doesn’t harm their team. Non-antagonists can do whatever they want to antagonists as per lone antagonists, but non-antagonists are not allowed to pre-emptively search for, hinder or otherwise seek conflict with antagonists without reasonable prior cause. Non-antags acting like an antag can be treated as an antag.

bolded section isn't being enforced. what's the sentiment among admins? should the rule be changed/removed? does common sense apply or is it like "lol the command report said there might be antags, so..." geneticist: "yeah I knew what the command report says without reading it lol"
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Re: pre-emptively search for, hinder or otherwise seek conflict with antagonists

Post by Lazengann » #431973

If someone's not enforcing that part feel free to open an admin complaint
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Re: pre-emptively search for, hinder or otherwise seek conflict with antagonists

Post by Cobby » #431980

What is the point of this thread?

There is an acceptable level of "validhunting" if that's what you're getting at
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
zaracka
Byond Username: Zaracka

Post by zaracka » #431984

I already forgot why I made it but trying to remember there was one instance where cap gave the ai: "syndicate, changelings, revs, cultists, wizards are not human" law I ahelped, the admin asked adminbus for input and told me that they couldn't come to a conclusion whether it was ok or not (50% said no, 50% said yes) etc. thus this thread was born

hm.... trying to remember ok some people rush the listening post (comms agent) for headset to check if its op or traitors. never seen any admin complain

probably more instances but cant remember them right now. the rule KIND OF contradicts with "Characters are otherwise allowed to know everything about ingame mechanics or antagonists" but also is distinct but probably not distinct enough for a player base that cant handle drones

EDIT: remembered another one... *airlock bolted open* *guy standing next to it* OH MY GOD X IS EMAGGING
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #432006

You should have to wait for the code blue message to make that law.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #432009

Suspicion and paranoia is always going to be part of the game. Something like a anti-antagonist AI law is generally pretty exploitable and as Beesting says, certainly not something I'd want to see the Captain trying for before blue alert.

Rushing a particular space ruin is pretty difficult given the way travelling through space works now, but if you observe it happening you can always point it out to an admin so that we can keep an eye on that person for repeat issues with that behaviour.

"Airlock bolted open and people cry emag" is just paranoia, if they want to spend 5-10 minutes searching someone top to bottom over such a weak, weak cause then they can waste their time. I would only really step in if a sec officer or captain was basically using very flimsy reasoning to search every single person they could. (i.e. "They were in the bar and so not doing their job!!")
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #432016

If you see someone do an "[every antag] is nonhuman" law just ahelp.

I usually ion a "[person who uploaded the law] is the only [every antag]"
WarbossLincoln
Byond Username: WarbossLincoln

Post by WarbossLincoln » #432105

I would definitely ahelp a law like that. It's really shit to upload a preemptive law vs every antag without even a slightest hint of a reason. Our rules are lax enough to allow a pretty flimsy reason to upload an anti antag law, but there needs to be something. Like if some greyshirt flashes someone and someone yells revs, I could see making an anti rev law even if they aren't confirmed yet.
--Crocodillo

kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #432231

just like with powergaming (validhunting, powergaming, etc same grou), "It's only a problem if you make yourself a problem". Some level of validhunting will always be acceptable, but if you're somehow making yourself a problem round after round to the point of ruining the game for others it's when we have a problem.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #432262

zaracka wrote:non-antagonists are not allowed to pre-emptively search for, hinder or otherwise seek conflict with antagonists without reasonable prior cause.

bolded section isn't being enforced.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Rustledjimm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #432280

Radical idea here.

What if we just removed the initial report?
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #432350

If the initial report still allows for metagaming of the mode I am going to scream and ban everyone who has touched it.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #432373

I've noticed a lot of roundstart tampering of the pure to distro as of late under the thin-justification of improving the pipeline to the incinerator.

Shit's not okay