Toronto88
Byond Username: Booboobug

[daxyeen] Spankmaster Note Appeal

Post by Toronto88 » #432341

Post Content:
Byond account and character name: Spankmaster, Freddy Alarms

Banning admin: daxyeen

Ban type (What are you banned from?): the server

Ban reason and length: 2880 mins, "Griefed Large parts of the station as a hulk, including smashing a bunch of plasma canisters because 'he could' "

Time ban was placed (including time zone):about 5:50 EST 8/10

Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil):Bagil

Your side of the story: Well I did not say it was because "I could", I had unlocked powers and handed them out to all the crew, so we were all having a party smashing stuff and liberating the walkways of the station. Shuttle is 1 min out and I go into R and D and find some air canisters, i smash every canister in the room which included some plasma ones, because I wanted to watch how the gasses flow. No one was in R&D to even be hurt by this and it was contained within R&D. Shuttle arrived right after, so we were all leaving. I figured it'd be alright to mess with the canisters in an empty room of a station that is about to be abandoned. I would like the note to better reflect the situation.

Why you think you should be unbanned: It's a note appeal
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Re: [daxyeen] Spankmaster Note Appeal

Post by Dax Dupont » #432360

The tl;Dr is because you could.

This note is factually correct and making large parts of the station flooded with gas, which escaped into the main halls, is bad.
Toronto88
Byond Username: Booboobug

Post by Toronto88 » #432378

Dax Dupont wrote:The tl;Dr is because you could.

This note is factually correct and making large parts of the station flooded with gas, which escaped into the main halls, is bad.
It is factually incorrect, which is why I made the note appeal.

What was the ban applied for? Smashing a plasma tank? Certainly no one was hurt or you would've mentioned that. This is like if you walked in on someone murdering a guy who had pushed him and taken his ID, he explains this to you, and you go "alright so basically you're saying that you did this because you could." The gasses hardly if at all escaped RnD (which was destitute and empty) by the time the shuttle launched. I distinctly remember that when it reached the RD's office, there was 30 seconds until launch. At this point the entire station becomes unusable anyways, so I was right in my judgment that it would not be harmful to do this, at this time. The real reason I did this was that I was running an experiment to test the various gasses' flow dynamics, as the situation dictated I had a safe space to conduct such experiments. Your ban/note is like banning someone for using the testing range to detonate a bomb.

Accordingly, I would like the note changed from "because he could" to "in order to run a large-scale multivapor gas flow experiment in the hopes of developing an increased understanding and modeling of the workings of the atmosphere"
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #432426

I'm going to deny this and let an headmin have the final word.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #433182

The headmins agree with Dax Dupont's rulings and this will be moved to resolved.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?