rev rules are fucking gay

asskek
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Asskek

rev rules are fucking gay

Post by asskek » #432496

rev policy: if you're implanted or not a rev, even just a shithead greyshirt who's obviously griefing, you have a free pass to murder literally everyone, whether they're a rev or not. doesn't matter if they're not violent, just execute them on a spot, ask questions after they're dead.

in other words: "admins tell people with legitimate ahelps to eat shit and die" the roundtype

how do we fix this
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Re: rev rules are fucking gay

Post by Nilons » #432497

asskek wrote: how do we fix this
removing revs
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

SpaceInaba
Byond Username: SpaceInaba

Post by SpaceInaba » #432501

Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
fuck,
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #432502

It's not a problem. Just deal with the fact that it is a rev round and either suicide/server hop/afk.

Now people intentionally delaying the end during rev by hiding.... now that's a thread.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #432514

We have three servers and a ton of ghost roles. Join another server or play a ghost role if you die.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #432522

Cobby wrote:It's not a problem. Just deal with the fact that it is a rev round and either suicide/server hop/afk.
BeeSting12 wrote:We have three servers and a ton of ghost roles. Join another server or play a ghost role if you die.
These sound like awful solutions in terms of answering 'people keep fucking killing other people for no reason'. Imagine applying this to every gamemode including extended because people keep killing you for no good reasons.

Also you still need some sort of reason to kill people unless shit is really fucked. Sec shouldn't hear 'revs' and then immediately gib everyone, even braindeads, because they existed. If that actually happened then the gamemode would be removed or changed heavily because no one would want to bother. I was literally told that I couldn't space anyone using a flash to try and pretend they're a headrev (only a few jobs make sense having a flash while every other is just shady and fucking tedious to deal with).
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #432525

Don't know who told you the thing about spacing people with a flash but I see no issue with spacing someone with a flash if it's already confirmed revs.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #432535

Ayy Lemoh wrote:
Cobby wrote:It's not a problem. Just deal with the fact that it is a rev round and either suicide/server hop/afk.
BeeSting12 wrote:We have three servers and a ton of ghost roles. Join another server or play a ghost role if you die.
These sound like awful solutions in terms of answering 'people keep fucking killing other people for no reason'. Imagine applying this to every gamemode including extended because people keep killing you for no good reasons.

Also you still need some sort of reason to kill people unless shit is really fucked. Sec shouldn't hear 'revs' and then immediately gib everyone, even braindeads, because they existed. If that actually happened then the gamemode would be removed or changed heavily because no one would want to bother. I was literally told that I couldn't space anyone using a flash to try and pretend they're a headrev (only a few jobs make sense having a flash while every other is just shady and fucking tedious to deal with).
Why would I apply it to every gamemode when rev is not every gamemode?

It is literally the tdm-cooldown mode, I don't mind making admin accommodations for that.
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #432536

Also if someone is acting like a headrev, saying viva while flashing people and the like, then when they get treated like one they call admins, their ahelp should be closed if not getting in trouble for banbaiting.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #432573

>be me admin
>ahelp in rev round
>spend 15 minutes trying to answer it while 30 more ahelps flood in
or
>smash that IC button in the knowledge that the round will end around the 20 minute mark
Floiven
Byond Username: Brak7000

Post by Floiven » #432586

Rev rounds are like that purge movie, probably a good idea to let people blow off steam. Kinda makes sense too from where the roundtype is coming from, fed up crew just tearing it all down.
leibniz
Byond Username: Leibniz

Post by leibniz » #432587

It's established that sec can pre-emptively kill everyone in rev in self-defense so I strongly recommend that non-revs kill all security in a pre-pre-emptive strike.
Founder and only member of the "Whitelist Nukeops" movement
asskek
In Game PermaBanned

Post by asskek » #432600

leibniz wrote:It's established that sec can pre-emptively kill everyone in rev in self-defense so I strongly recommend that non-revs kill all security in a pre-pre-emptive strike.
it's not just sec doing it
Cobby wrote:Also if someone is acting like a headrev, saying viva while flashing people and the like, then when they get treated like one they call admins, their ahelp should be closed if not getting in trouble for banbaiting.
see above, and it's not necessarily people ACTING like revs. if you're even vaguely near brig after latejoining, you're fucking dead dude
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #432742

I'd go with just make everyone a survivor during rev so the neutrals don't get cucked out off the fight :^)
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #432747

bring back rev = admins hands off
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #432762

Asskek, anyone not a rev = security's team
WarbossLincoln
Byond Username: WarbossLincoln

Post by WarbossLincoln » #432827

Cobby wrote:I'd go with just make everyone a survivor during rev so the neutrals don't get cucked out off the fight :^)
You know, this isn't a half bad idea. I wonder if it could be beneficial to just go fully TDM on revs and not even pretend it's anything but.

Once there are a certain % of living revs to all other crew on the station trigger the following:

All Heads of Staff and implanted people: become a Loyalist team "antag" with objectives to keep the heads of staff alive. You still have the element of lack of knowledge if you don't have SecHUDs so you won't know who is implanted and who isn't. Usual level of leeway for them during revs if they kill another implanted crewman by accident if it's really an accident.
All Revs: stay the same
Everyone else: become a survivor.

If you get converted to either side, or get an implant removed, it shifts your antag status to the appropriate level.

Lets embrace Revs as the round ending catastrophe it really is, like Nuke Ops.
--Crocodillo

Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #432994

iamgoofball wrote:Asskek, anyone not a rev = security's team
This is blatantly not true, otherwise sec would be banned all the time for mass-executions of their own team
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
asskek
In Game PermaBanned

Post by asskek » #433086

see, here's the deal, i was a big hippie player and on hippie, revs was hands-off for admins. the problem here is that there's no indication of this fact and admins are totally wild and inconsistent in their rulings. i'm fine with inconsistency between admins but it shouldn't affect an entire gametype

either have revs be hands-off or don't have it be hands-off at all
TehSteveo
Byond Username: TehSteveo

Post by TehSteveo » #433089

Revs generally is (or was) hands off except in extreme cases; such as team killing purposefully without reason.
Freedom
Ayy Lemoh

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #433131

if revs is hands off then how about we just skip the part that everyone hates and just have the roundstart message say "it's revs"

If we're gonna have a gamemode where it's just TDM then why add in stealth which everyone hates because the round abruptly ends ten minutes in when you were doing a cool project?
WarbossLincoln

Post by WarbossLincoln » #433134

That's not why people bitch about revs. They bitch about revs because most of the station ends up dead and sometimes the round can take an hour+ with 25 people left alive.

A big reason people bitch is because it's a TDM mode where at least 1/3 of the station isn't on a team. They're not revs, they're not actively helping sec, but they're going to become victims of either side.

Revs will murder anyone without an R above them because of a host of reasons. 1: valids, cause depriving someone else of fun is enjoyable to some. 2: Too lazy to capture someone for conversion even if you have a taser or something. 3: Legitimately not able to convert someone cause the head revs fucked off on a solo war with the Heads and aren't converting anymore. 4: anyone might be implanted, better kill them to be safe. A more justifiable reason.

If Sec has implants ready then you're fine if you get picked up. But if they don't you'll sit there for 10 minutes waiting on them to find some. If things get too bad they'll just kill everyone they see without an implant.

It's a TDM round type where a lot of the station will just feel like victims to it instead of participants. Being a victim, or turning the tables on an antag who tries, is a big part of normal game modes like Traitor, but it doesn't work out well in Rev.
--Crocodillo

Eskjjlj
Byond Username: Eskjjlj

Post by Eskjjlj » #433135

Sec murdering anyone non implanted who gets too close is ok given the circumstances of a rev round.
What is not fair in my opinion is going on a purge as a regular crewmember without even wearing HuD glasses to see who is mindshielded.

But to be honest rev is too confusing as a gamemode as it is basically a TDM with a lot of people not knowing who is part of the enemy team.
For example : That one time I killed a rev head as an assistant and 3 non rev crew members tried to kill me for it. I assumed they were revs because I had no hud glasses and eventually I kill them and figure out they were mindshielded... I didn't get bwoinked for it though. That's proof of how much leeway the admins give during revs.

PS : I want to add after reading the message above mine that unless you have the ability to know who is an enemy by observing their behavior you WILL be a victim during a rev round. It may be obvious to veterans that the guy walking a tile too close or looking the wrong way is an enemy. But for the more causual players they don't see the attack coming and get murdered without having a chance to fight back.

I don't want to casualize the game but we have to take into account that not all players are good at the game.
Last edited by Eskjjlj on Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ayy Lemoh

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #433136

WarbossLincoln wrote:That's not why people bitch about revs. They bitch about revs because most of the station ends up dead and sometimes the round can take an hour+ with 25 people left alive.

A big reason people bitch is because it's a TDM mode where at least 1/3 of the station isn't on a team. They're not revs, they're not actively helping sec, but they're going to become victims of either side.
I was just making an example but yeah that's a more correct reason.
TehSteveo
Byond Username: TehSteveo

Post by TehSteveo » #433189

Ayy Lemoh wrote:if revs is hands off then how about we just skip the part that everyone hates and just have the roundstart message say "it's revs"

If we're gonna have a gamemode where it's just TDM then why add in stealth which everyone hates because the round abruptly ends ten minutes in when you were doing a cool project?
The game isn't catered around someone doing cool projects. No matter what gamemode it is, except extended, those projects are always at risk or not as I've been able to been ignored by everyone in my cozy hole as I never left and nobody cared to look for me or needed the area. It's the nature of SS13.
Freedom
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #433191

Honestly most “cool projects” are really just finishing your job for the loot so you can validhunt/enable a validhunter.

Chicken/egg but I don’t see a lot of “cool projects”, and I’m on the server where it’s only 2-3 gamemodes
WarbossLincoln

Post by WarbossLincoln » #433252

Sometime about a week ago I saw the clown build a signularity engine in the theater. Does that count as a cool project?

It lasted less than 5 minutes before escaping.
--Crocodillo

Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #433530

WarbossLincoln wrote:Sometime about a week ago I saw the clown build a signularity engine in the theater. Does that count as a cool project?

It lasted less than 5 minutes before escaping.
God bless that man
WarbossLincoln

Post by WarbossLincoln » #433945

It was great. I was either a chemist or doctor, can't remember. I came in as he was finishing up containment. I went back to medbay to make some radiation medicine so I could watch and by the time I walked back it was loose and the bar/botany were gone.
--Crocodillo