Appeals which have been closed.
RobustAndRun
Byond Username: RobustAndRun

[Subject217] RobustAndRun - Botanist Jobban

Post by RobustAndRun » #432649

Byond account and character name: RobustAndRun, probably Henry Mortland

Banning admin: subject217

Ban type: jobbanned from botanist

Ban reason and length: made hilarious suicide traps with potassium-infused holymelons in Gaia trays.

Time ban was placed (including time zone): can't quite remember

Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): bagil

Your side of the story: was trying to make exploding melons, forgot to add separated chems, realized upon harvesting that 10-13 mini explosions occur on the tile which remove all limbs and instantly kill whoever harvested them. No damage to bystanders or station other than flying limbs. Found it funny. Placed three trays in hallways.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I won't do it again, pinky swear. /r/ss13 found it funny too. I'm a master botanist and would like to continue my hijinks in appropriate ways.
Last edited by RobustAndRun on Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Re: [Subject217] RobustAndRun - Botanist Jobban

Post by Lazengann » #432650

Time of ban and reason:
Spoiler:

hilarious prank tbh
Bob Dobbington
Byond Username: Bob Dobbington

Post by Bob Dobbington » #432702

Precedent note: I used to do far, far worse than this as Daisy Holmes and rarely ate more than a dayban for it. Permanent hydro jobban seems out of step with what I experienced.
Game Admin for /tg/station. I usually play Daisy Holmes, the botanist.
CreationPro
Byond Username: Solar Marine

Post by CreationPro » #432740

What happened to "let it slide if it's funny"? Is that no longer in effect?
Because, honestly, this one is hilarious.
teepeepee
Byond Username: Teepeepee

Post by teepeepee » #432741

I remember playing this round as doctor, all three victims (me included) got cloned and I believe the botanist was lynched shortly after, definetively an IC issue in my oppinion.
subject217
Github User
Byond Username: Subject217
Github Username: subject217

Post by subject217 » #432794

teepeepee wrote:I remember playing this round as doctor, all three victims (me included) got cloned and I believe the botanist was lynched shortly after, definetively an IC issue in my oppinion.
He suicided on the trap while I was talking to him, right after he killed a new join with it just outside of arrivals. Pretty sure the first person who got killed with it didn't get cloned either (and that one definitely wasn't a harmless prank) but it doesn't really matter.
Bob Dobbington wrote:Precedent note: I used to do far, far worse than this as Daisy Holmes and rarely ate more than a dayban for it. Permanent hydro jobban seems out of step with what I experienced.
The rationale behind the Botany permaban is the fact that when I was talking to him, the distinct impression I got was "I don't care how long you ban me, I will definitely do stuff like this again." As the note shows, I fully intended him to appeal it when he was ready.
Peanut Pro wrote:Because, honestly, this one is hilarious.
Lazengann wrote:hilarious prank tbh
It's easy to say after the fact "that seems like such a harmless funny prank haha!" but it wasn't really funny at the time.

Here's OP's digg post for brevity. This bad boy was posted before the round ended, which I decided to not care about at the time. He conveniently misconstrues a number of things to make himself look better.

Here's my suggestion to you, OP. It would have been a pretty good gimmick if you did it as a traitor. Save the blatantly antagonistic shit for traitor rolls. Otherwise, you've been away from Botany for a month so I have no qualms with lifting this ban, and will do so after this post.

edit: The ban is now removed.
CreationPro

Post by CreationPro » #432796

I'm a little behind on the rules, does the an0n3 amendment not apply anymore? I thought I had something to contribute but apparently you called me a peanut poster and I am taking grave offense to that and will probably do absolutely nothing about it.

Judging from the leddit thread he didn't actually warn people and was pretty remorseless. Also pretty slimy to omit important facts like "well I didn't actually warn them". I can see why the hilarity clause does not apply here. Good ban, dungeonSubject217.

Since he's a ledditor please re-ban him immediately, preferably permanently.
subject217
Github User
Byond Username: Subject217
Github Username: subject217

Post by subject217 » #432801

I take mild offense at people who are not involved whatsoever in a ban appeal making comments of dubious value based on incomplete or ambiguous information. Please do not be too upset over a snarky name change. You're talking about Rule 0 though, which is still a thing.

Also, one other thing on this ban - I looked at your connection history OP, and it seems to me that you basically just stopped playing /tg/ entirely and appealed the moment you gained interest in it again, which is a bit different from "spending time away from botany for a month". I'm going to leave it as is, but please take my advice seriously, as I will not be this lenient the next time.
CreationPro

Post by CreationPro » #432803

subject217 wrote:Please do not be too upset over a snarky name change.
It's okay, I forgave you like 3 minutes after I made that post, thanks for clearing rule 0 up friend, I will henceforth avoid posting directly and PM you instead
RobustAndRun
Byond Username: RobustAndRun

Post by RobustAndRun » #432811

CreationPro wrote:Since he's a ledditor please re-ban him immediately, preferably permanently.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #432824

CreationPro wrote:I'm a little behind on the rules, does the an0n3 amendment not apply anymore?
Just to remind people, the peanut policy (formerly known as the an0n3 amendment) is not for any contribution. It is specifically for contributions that:
BRING UP/POINT TO/HIGHLIGHT a rule, precedent, or piece of evidence that was missed that is relevant to the situation.
Mentioning that you thought it "is hilarious" doesn't qualify under this. Citing the "let it slide if it's funny" rule (Which is functionally Rule 0/Secret Rule of Mayhem) might qualify, but it's worth bearing in mind both of these are at admin discretion, and indeed are specifically noted that you (in the sense of "someone who is breaking rules") shouldn't be trying to use them as a defense.

That said, it's not an egregious "peanut post", I just felt like providing clarification. Sorry for interrupting, subject!
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg