Post by 2Haku » #435314

BYOND Account: 2Haku.
Character Name: Haku Idante.
Banning Admin:
1. stickymayhem.
2. wubli.
Ban Type: All /tg/station servers.
Ban Reason:

“Started a piratepad during the marathon round. A blatant metagang, deliberately trying to start a metagroup to survive the round. The most obvious metacommunication possible. They're gone.”
“Attempted Ban Evasion. Permanent.” (Not actual message by wubli, this was written in accordance to the ban.)
Ban Length: Permanent.
Time ban was placed: 07:21:01 Server Time.
Server the ban was placed at the time: Bagil.
Your side of the story:
I was told to rewrite this completely but with more detail, so that is what I’ll do.

So, on July 7th, around 1:00 to 3:00 A.M. EST was the Marathon Round, an event for /tg/station that was run by the admin, stickymayhem. The event was suppose to be a duration of 8 hours, as a stress test for the server. Thread for Marathon Round Trailer.

On that day, I was on the server for like hours or whatever, and I was on-time for the Marathon Round. For the round before the Marathon Round, people were talking about cool ideas and the things they would do for the Marathon Round. We had people talking about shuttles, their own groups like a moth-only base, or a fortress, separate stations, space bridges and all that jazz. This was from the Discord, Dead Chat, and OOC. Fast forward, as people have discussed their ideas n’ jazz and now it’s time for the event to start as the round has ended. The round is put on a delayed timer, about 10 minutes I think. Here, we have people in OOC hyped up about the whole event, and so was I. Seeing that other people have made their own groups, I tried to make a group as well, and I was successful. I had about 11-12 people in the group, far larger than the other group numbers with more people asking to join. Anyone could join the group, and the base goal would be to build a station as big as the initial station, SS13. Seeing that we had so many people, I thought at the time that it would be a good idea to make a Pirate Pad to organize the whole thing, which was a really bad idea. So, being me, I created the Pad, before posting it onto OOC- where anyone could join, this included admins. I wanted people to join it so we could all work together on a single objective so we can have a memorable group event to look back at.

However, this was executed poorly. This Pirate Pad, which can be found here, lead to some serious meta-game / meta-communicating, with the 1st one being simply “Meet at RnD.”, (which no one did, everyone met in the central science hallway.) One of the objectives was to gather more members, which was or probably not listed but definitely confirmed in dead chat and Discord, another was to reinforce the Science Department and to use materials efficiently and yeah. These were the few objectives listed on the pad, as I don’t remember the previous objectives and only stickymayhem has the screenshot of the whole list. The rest of the list was like memery or such I tried to remove. After we all met in the Science Central Hallway, Fritz started to hand out all-access for Science, as he was the RD. Soon after a few minutes of the round , I stood in the middle of the Science Hallway on my way down to Robotics before I heard the bwoink of death. Sticky messaged me on admin help saying “Hi.”, swiftly following with: “I don't really think I need to explain to you how badly you've fucked up here, but you're definitely gone forever.”

After that, I was permanently banned. I asked Sticky over Discord, and he said he’ll discuss it after the round. After an hour and 30 minutes or so later, the server crashed and all progress in-game was lost. The Marathon Round was not restarted after the crash, as the admins had to investigate the source of the crash apparently so yeah.

I appealed this, apologizing for the creation of a poorly executed idea, an unfair advantage to other players, and was gratefully unbanned.

However, after this unban I was banned a day after the decision of the Head Admins, for Ban Evasion.

This happened when I logged into my Surface tablet, another device I use for BYOND when I get lazy.

I sort of, accidentally joined on the account I made for Citadel Station ( Fight me on voice chat. ) and well, yeah. I was getting used to swapping between the accounts but I sort of screwed up when checking the ban information on the wrong account, confronted by wulbi swiftly afterwards as I tried to quietly leave the server cause I knew I’m gonna get bonked for it. I wasn't IP banned, Ckey banned, all the fancy ban stuff apparently. Not giving out the ckey of the account for privacy purposes.

I wrote this appeal a while ago but didn't bother to post until today.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I tried to make a cool memorable moment, executed it poorly and ended up in severe meta-communication. Sorry for that. It would've been cool if I was able to do it IC but I sort of screwed up on that. Ended up ban evading when I tried to check my ban information like usual, joining off the HUB but on the wrong account and got banned for that afterwards. I'd be unbanned right now if I didn't screw up trying to check my ban information from the hub. I've waited a bit to post this but I'm posting it now I guess.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Re: [stickymayhem] 2Haku - Marathon Round - Take 2

Post by Stickymayhem » #435551

Alright just don't be weird.

I know these problems were mainly stupidity as opposed to malice, try not to be stupid again.

Welcome back.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
somerandomguy
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Post by somerandomguy » #435660

haku wrote:This happened when I logged into my Surface tablet, another device I use for BYOND when I get lazy.

I sort of, accidentally joined on the account I made for Citadel Station ( Fight me on voice chat. ) and well, yeah. I was getting used to swapping between the accounts but I sort of screwed up when checking the ban information on the wrong account, confronted by wulbi swiftly afterwards as I tried to quietly leave the server cause I knew I’m gonna get bonked for it. I wasn't IP banned, Ckey banned, all the fancy ban stuff apparently. Not giving out the ckey of the account for privacy purposes.
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 96#p425474\
https://i.imgur.com/ks9HwQi.png

Spoiler:
This is an anon3/peanut protected post, as it brings up relevant info/logs, I was going to post it before sticky's post but forgot
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #435696

somerandomguy wrote:
haku wrote:This happened when I logged into my Surface tablet, another device I use for BYOND when I get lazy.

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 96#p425474\
https://i.imgur.com/ks9HwQi.png

Spoiler:
This is an anon3/peanut protected post, as it brings up relevant info/logs, I was going to post it before sticky's post but forgot
could you please explain what people are suppose to get out of these images.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Owegno
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Owegno

Post by Owegno » #435712

He's pointing out that Haku is lying about accidentally joining with an account made for Citadel station. This is something that I already knew, and I think Sticky did too, but I do appreciate him posting that.
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Post by CitrusGender » #435779

Yeah, I'm a bit confused about the whole matter. I feel like Haku was lying about "accidentally joining" when all the messages point to the contrary. I feel like Haku should elaborate on this since this might fall under lying in appeals.
2Haku

Post by 2Haku » #436185

I used BJX to ban evade before, was talking about it a while on VC with 3-4 others (publically, not hidden as some people are saying I deleted messages apparently), as BJX was one of the two accounts beaned by Wubli. This was like during the phase where like, I was super attached to /tg/ and couldn't let go of the ban. Marathon round ban I tried to evade once, didn't work, gave up after I knew it wouldn't work at all and went to Citadel Station and became a degenerate. If I didn't want people to know pretty sure I wouldn't have posted it in general chat, already admitted I fucked up at the Marathon Round and was too /tg/ attached. I'm most likely gonna get re-banned for this controversy again even though it was in public before, but I did have no intent on joining with my Citadel Account. I'm on VC if you need me right now for another few hours.
Rustledjimm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #436910

The fact you've lied in your appeal is disturbing.

Why not just tell us the truth Haku. You had the chance to tell us the truth.
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes
Rustledjimm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #439239

Haku it's the end of my term and I'm gonna give you one more chance.

Lie in appeals or to an admin again and you will be permabanned and as long as I'm around it will stay.
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes