Hey! Listen!
Toolboxing For A Cause 2.0
a /tg/Station13 Charity Tournament
Will begin Saturday the 12th at 1pm PST / 4pm EST / 8pm GMT at the Event Hall.
(You've donated r-right?)

[Deleted] Greytiding and what will you do with it

Resolved.

Moderator: Board Moderators

Enzar

Byond Username: Enzarel

Greytiding and what will you do with it

Postby Enzar » Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:07 pm #436460

Title. What is your general stance on greytiding, especially on our server?
What do you believe to be the primary cause(s) of greytiding, and what do you plan to do with that/those cause(s)?
At what levels should it be acceptable, when should it be an IC issue, and when should it require admin intervention?
To candidates who plan to change the escalation policy, is your planned new version going to be stricter or more relaxed in regards to tiding?
Or perhaps tiding is either at an acceptable level, or there is nothing that can be done about it?
AKA Matthias Wood: HoS main, part-time greytider and generally a low-key shitter.

BeeSting12
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Re: Greytiding and what will you do with it

Postby BeeSting12 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:00 pm #436469

What do you believe to be the primary cause(s) of greytiding, and what do you plan to do with that/those cause(s)?
There's not enough gameplay for people who've played the game so much they've exhausted all the content. At that point, they don't have much in terms of gameplay to experiment with, so they greytide since that's the funnest thing for them.

At what levels should it be acceptable, when should it be an IC issue, and when should it require admin intervention?
At certain levels, greytide, from here forward known as "minor IC crime," is actually healthy. Otherwise, security would have nothing to do on slow/extended rounds. It can create interesting and fun conflicts. Some of the funnest conflicts I've had in this game were not centered around the round's antag, but around minor IC crime, and would probably get you ahelped nowadays. When minor IC crime becomes a detriment to the round, it needs to stop. Admins can use their own discretion to judge that.

To candidates who plan to change the escalation policy, is your planned new version going to be stricter or more relaxed in regards to tiding?
The only change from Kor's escalation policy to mine is you're more protected from permadeath, on both sides. It's neither stricter nor more relaxxed on minor IC crime in particular.
Stickymayhem wrote:you're right!

Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day

Click here to make incoherent rants about my badminning.

Arianya
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: Arianya

Re: Greytiding and what will you do with it

Postby Arianya » Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:12 pm #436698

Enzar wrote:Title. What is your general stance on greytiding, especially on our server?

Games based on paranoia need some amount of chaos, or else it becomes a game of "first person to step out of line is the bad guy. That said, the station shouldn't be in open anarchy and "greytiders" shouldn't be self-antagging.

Part of it is boredom as Bee said, I think. Part of it also comes from literally the greyness, we noted before that swapping assistants to randomized uniform colours degraded the amount of co-ordinated/teamplay among greytiders.

If you're ruining someones round excessively in the name of greytide you're liable to end up coming to the attention of admins. Be a pest, but don't be a menace.

I have no immediate plans to change escalation policy.
Or perhaps tiding is either at an acceptable level, or there is nothing that can be done about it?

Tiding at present seems to be at okay levels, but it's something that fluctuates a lot with the IRL seasons.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg

Return to Archived/Deleted