Harmless prank ideas

General SS13 Chat
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Harmless prank ideas

Post by bandit » #3249

For clowns, mimes, assistants and the like who want to actually be funny without resorting to griff!

- Set the confessional's intercom to 145.9 (standard radio)
- Make a monkey clone of yourself. Dress it up. Drag it around.
- Order a bunch of clown/mime masks, or use the sexy masks from the autodrobe or the luchador masks from fitness. Dress genetics' monkeys in these masks.
- Replace all the soap on the station with syndicate soap.
- Fill the toolboxes from assistant storage with donuts.
- JETPACK PLUS SWIVELCHAIR.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Lo6a4evskiy
Byond Username: Lo6a4evskiy

Re: Harmless prank ideas

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #3251

I've seen clown who hid in a locker, slipped people with banana and then he would come out, say that they won and give them little something as a prize. People generally were pretty happy. I liked it so much as a security officer, that I hid in a locker near him and protected him from jerks.
Anton Raginovsky

Post by Anton Raginovsky » #3267

As the Mime, I'll just go around and shut off all the lights. People very quickly jump to blame the Engineers and start panicking about not having power, even though it's obvious that the light switch is flipped.
Image Image
Image Image
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #3272

Start a folder collection. There are people who will attempt to kill you over a folder they had lying on a table and never would have touched themselves. Only player I have ever seen making good use of a folder was a detective totting an entire collection of nude selfies of the captain and his deputy.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #3315

Lo6a4evskiy wrote:I've seen clown who hid in a locker, slipped people with banana and then he would come out, say that they won and give them little something as a prize. People generally were pretty happy. I liked it so much as a security officer, that I hid in a locker near him and protected him from jerks.
This is kinda awesome
+1 nana
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Aurx
Byond Username: Aurx

Post by Aurx » #3396

Code: Select all

$placeholder=$content;
$content=$source;
$source=$placeholder;
Head admin, /vg/station
Game admin, /tg/station
POMF FOR HEADMIN
Quey

Post by Quey » #3401

There's always injecting cigarettes with welder fluid... or something else! :D
And when was the last time anyone used one of the clown/mime viruses?
Something involving the theater would be cool. I've asked multiple clowns to put on shows, and while they thought it was a great idea, they couldn't get enough actors/decided on WGW and got stopped.
It might be interesting to have a clown just be a super nice and competent assistant, and when he inevitably gets blamed for something/randomly attacked, he has a bunch of friends to back him up/start a station death spiral.
Neerti
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Neerti

Post by Neerti » #3585

One time as an AI, the clown PDA'd me asking to announce that there was a fire in the threatre. The clown wrote the word 'FIRE' in crayon on the floor in there.

It was one of the few times a clown actually made me laugh OOC.
ImageImage
- Game Admin -
Feel free to PM me on the forums or IRC with questions, concerns, feedback, or just talk about stuff.
Have I not met my hitler quota this month?
Jwakefield

Post by Jwakefield » #3596

I like to pretend to slip people and slip myself and sometimes tell dumb jokes.

And immolate myself to protest the oppressive regime of nanotrason
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #3691

I like to win the crossbow, cap gun, and toy sword out of the arcade machines and run around the station shooting at people and turning off and on the sword. Really freaks people out and gets security on my tail. I do that as an assistant though, not as a clown.
KingLouisXIV
Byond Username: KingLouisXIV

Post by KingLouisXIV » #3698

NikNakFlak wrote:I like to win the crossbow, cap gun, and toy sword out of the arcade machines and run around the station shooting at people and turning off and on the sword. Really freaks people out and gets security on my tail. I do that as an assistant though, not as a clown.
> Get my hands on a toy double e-sword
> Start following a guy really close, he genuinely looks on edge
> In the bar, a crowd plus security all hanging around
> Flick out the toy, start whacking him with it
> He actually *collapses, security stuns, arrests and drags me off to the brig
TheTerbs
In Game PermaBanned

Post by TheTerbs » #4366

When you heal people with sleepers

Fill them full of sleep tox

Harmless
you're gonna carry that weight
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #4367

even better if the sleeper is upgraded
hello, hour long nap
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
TheTerbs
In Game PermaBanned

Post by TheTerbs » #4368

Fill cryo with ethanol for some real laughs

Comvince someone to murder Ian then beat them to death because they are valid
you're gonna carry that weight
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #4375

No, fill cryo with holy water. Too much ethanol is deadly.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
KingLouisXIV
Byond Username: KingLouisXIV

Post by KingLouisXIV » #4391

danno wrote:even better if the sleeper is upgraded
hello, hour long nap
As far as I know, upgraded sleepers don't dispense sleep toxin.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #4577

Drynwyn wrote:No, fill cryo with holy water. Too much ethanol is deadly.
Good way to make sure cloned folks aren't cult, I guess.

I used to slip folks and steal their shoes. That doesn't get old.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Kelenius
Byond Username: Kelenius

Post by Kelenius » #4580

Vekter wrote:Good way to make sure cloned folks aren't cult, I guess.
sfjgshuchsndgksehfgcskmlfgjcsmkgjsdkglmsjdmcgsdfjklgjscfmg

Cult has suddenly became so weak
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #4639

It is a bit too weak. Construct mania was promising but I guess the new plas steel requirement and needing to research shells made it a bit harder to start up. The strength before was just riding on rev's coat tails though.
calzilla1
Byond Username: Calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #232726

Pop out of random places and pie the captain as many times as you can in a round. See if you can amke the captain go mad
Life is too short for anything meaningful and too long for anything memeingful
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #232751

I remember sneaking onto the bridge as a mime and putting communist/revolution posters over the NT displays.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #232937

some of my pranks:
-aggressive grab + head area + open toilet = swirlie (careful not to do it before one is done or you'll just bang their head on the rim)
-slip someone, put the slip object and the slip-ee in a container (locker, bodybag, etc) and close the container. whenever they try to move after the stun duration it makes the container open and they just slip on the soap again. rinse and repeat.
-arcade machine prizes can be a treasure trove for pranks. cap guns rapidfired around anyone will probably freak them out, fake syndi hardsuits with your ID hidden can be funny, or fake a breach by using some space floor tiles and fake debris (wire pieces, uprooted floor tiles, etc) and rest in the middle while screaming for engineering.
-as ling, cut off your own head and be the headless horseman (then get lynched for valids)
-as tator, use chameleon projector to didsguise yourself as sentient objects around the station to talk to the crew with (then get lynched for valids/they think you're a morph). one of the better uses ive seen was a tator who disguised himself as a nuke op cardboard cutout, broke into the bridge, and demanded "dat fukken disk"
-put your drug of choice in cyro (my personal go-to is pangalactic gargleblasters)
-make a fake bomb with an empty plasma/oxy tank and throw it at people
-have fun naming different things (medbots named "im actually full of lethals", etc)
-as CE, use the station blueprints to rename areas other than your autism fort
-throw llamar/fake ayys at people
-disposal poop loops (be sure that it has an escape route / a place for people to breathe once oxy in it runs out or admins will get pissy)
-fake sacrifice runes can freak out less experinced players / maybe get the gods to give you something if you gimmick hard enough
-people dont use /me texts enough. use them to do whatever is funny, its more effective than you think (but for FUCKS sake put periods at the end or i will lynch your ass)
-strange objects can range from funny to lethal depending on use. give them to people as "gifts" and watch as they stun themselves/slip themselves/spawn corgies. or if the clown is pissing you off give him an exploding one and watch him float naked in a mini-breach he created (not really harmless but sometimes they deserve it)
-if you know how (its really easy), reroute disposals to certain rooms so they quickly become filthy. can also be used for an unconventional break-in method if you have less than benign intentions.
-make newscasts about made-up shit, whether its pretending to be an alien taking pictures or a tabloid concerning a forbidden relationship between two crew members.
-put suicide hopline bodies to use--drag them around beating them and laugh/cry as sec arrests you even after you explain it, or take them apart in the holodeck surgery for everything from making clubs out of ligger tails or literally giving your crewmates a hand (before getting lynched for shitty humor)

im sure there's more i can think of later, ill come back when i think of em
MimicFaux
Byond Username: MimicFaux

Post by MimicFaux » #233934

- Rearrange maintenance tunnels.
- Completely dismantle captain's office right down to the plating. Remove the leftover material (bonus points if you can get in and out without being discovered)
- Laughter chem syringe gun
- Fill botany plant bags with the hilarious produce of your choice for ease of use (hand label them Fun Bags for additional puns when security inevitably confiscates them)
- unsecure firelocks, fill a hallway with them
- convince HoP to make your clown-curity. (bonus points for not getting rid of clumsy mutation)
- Convince genetics to give you invisibility, lie down somewhere busy, drop soap/peel just as people walk over you. (Bonus points for having your PDA window open so you can honk hands free.)
- Get freeform law board, and an AI upload. Treat each law as a diary entry rather than an AI law.
ImageImageImage
pubby
Github User
Byond Username: Pubby
Github Username: pubby

Post by pubby » #233951

>walk into the brig
>exclaim I've got books for the prisoners
>hand warden a book
>warden clicks on the book and realizes the inside has been cut out
>there's a piece of paper inside
>warden clicks on the paper
>"While you were reading this, the clown has broken into the armory"
>get beaten to crit
>die

>walk into science with a red jumpsuit on
>find the research director
>hand him a note that says "You're a wanted man! Come to the brig for some pepperspray and armor!"
>it's signed with a fake HoS signature
>it's stamped with a law office stamp
>watch as the RD goes to the brig
>watch as the RD comes back with the HoS in tow
>get beaten to crit
>die

>walk into medbay with a black dufflebag, balaclava, and a prison jumpsuit on
>find the CMO
>pass them a letter that says "hand over the drugs or someone's gonna get hurt"
>get bashed in the head with a fire extinguisher
>get tazed and cuffed by security
>blurt out "w-what I meant was that if I don't get these drugs to my sick clown friend he's going to die!"
>get beaten to crit
>die
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #233970

>Hide in a locker wearing a replica syndie spacesuit with a toy dual e-sword
>Jump out at a sec officer, whipping out my plastic blade with a loud noise
>Scream "ALOHA SNACKBAR"
>He tases me and beats me within an inch of my life, and confiscates my plastic blade before leaving me bleeding in the hallway
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #234017

MimicFaux wrote:- Completely dismantle captain's office right down to the plating. Remove the leftover material (bonus points if you can get in and out without being discovered)
I've seen this being done once. The thief literally stole EVERYTHING, the plating, the wiring, the APC, even the airlocks. This game doesn't have facial expressions but if it did the one on the face of the captain when he found out would have been hilarious
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Kel
Byond Username: Jaraxxus

Post by Kel » #234018

Bumping 2 year old threads.
MimicFaux

Post by MimicFaux » #234034

Ricotez wrote:
MimicFaux wrote:- Completely dismantle captain's office right down to the plating. Remove the leftover material (bonus points if you can get in and out without being discovered)
I've seen this being done once. The thief literally stole EVERYTHING, the plating, the wiring, the APC, even the airlocks. This game doesn't have facial expressions but if it did the one on the face of the captain when he found out would have been hilarious
Always nice to see ones work appreciated.
ImageImageImage
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #234287

Use the bookbinder to make a book titled "curiosity".
Cut it open and put a proximity-lube grenade in it and leave it somewhere.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #234394

Screemonster wrote:Use the bookbinder to make a book titled "curiosity".
Cut it open and put a proximity-lube grenade in it and leave it somewhere.
Alternatively, put a single tank bomb in it to make a harmless prank, harmful.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #234450

Single tank bombs fit in books?
TIL.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #234593

To be fair a lot of things fit UNDER books.

Another one to do is get a locker and cram it with as many monkey cubes as you can conceivably fit, then haul the thing into pretty much anywhere that would be inconvenienced if it were to be suddenly filled with a shitload of monkeys before extinguishing it. The captain's office is a good one.
1g88a
Byond Username: Ig88A

Post by 1g88a » #234598

Kidnap a human and lizard and swap their limbs/tail, non-harmfully.
DEAD: ADMIN(Hornygranny) says, "you play in my universe, normie"
MimicFaux

Post by MimicFaux » #234604

Screemonster wrote:To be fair a lot of things fit UNDER books.

Another one to do is get a locker and cram it with as many monkey cubes as you can conceivably fit, then haul the thing into pretty much anywhere that would be inconvenienced if it were to be suddenly filled with a shitload of monkeys before extinguishing it. The captain's office is a good one.
That's a good one Will try next time I clown.
ImageImageImage
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #234698

Screemonster wrote:To be fair a lot of things fit UNDER books.

This can cause horrendous lag.
the more people do this, the more inclined I am to add per-mob caps.
私は完璧
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #234759

>coder conspiracy to remove fun
gee who woulda thunk it

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #234761

DemonFiren wrote:>coder conspiracy to remove fun
gee who woulda thunk it
Oh lag is fun for you is it? I'll set all your UI objects to spin eternally and force orbit you around the singulo then.
every round.
私は完璧
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #234762

You have to suffer a little to have fun.
Unless you play Security, but then you're a sadist bastard anyway.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler: