His Grace-Ascended

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.

Should His grace ascended be removed or nerfed.

Yes- I want His grace Ascended removed from the game
5%
Yes- I want His grace Ascended nerfed (Explain how in thread)
15%
I want His grace removed from the game
40%
No- Everything is fine the way it is
40%

Total votes: 20

Pizzatiger
Byond Username: Pizzatiger

His Grace-Ascended

Post by Pizzatiger » #437799

His Grace- Ascended mode needs a huge reworking or needs to be removed.

Any chaplain can get xenobiology access (or use the public gardens) to get 25 monkeys needed to ascend His-grace with no effort. The only two risks of dying from this method (His grace getting hungry from you taking too long or A monkey stealing his grace from you and eating you) are non-existent if the person takes the time to fully kill the monkeys before attempting to summon him .

Once His Grace is fully summoned then the chaplain can proceed to murder the crew with the crew having no real warning of the horrors that will soon fall upon them or way to call the shuttle/keep it called if the his grace user wishes to keep it uncalled. Only three things can stop an ascended grace, Rads, Bombs/BOH'S/The His grace user hitting himself. This info/post is not coming from a place of salt either because my only experiences with HIS-GRACE ascended is from times i have ascended him myself.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Re: His Grace-Ascended

Post by Lumbermancer » #437809

Any round-disrupting murderboner by design can fuck off.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #437818

Sounds like we need to make mindless monkeys count less/not count at all as far as ascending his grace.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #437822

Why was this item added in the first place? This is willingly repeating the mistakes Goonstation made. It is a boring as fuck weapon that leads to one play style that disrupts the round.

If a near NoRP station like fucking GOON thinks it disrupts rounds too much why would it be a good idea to bring it to /tg/
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #437834

goon is medium rp
Mickyan
Github User
Byond Username: Mickyan
Github Username: Mickyan

Post by Mickyan » #437837

This item adds nothing to the game, it's not even salt, outside of cheesing it with monkeys (which shouldn't be a thing) typically it just let someone have their 5 minutes of easy roundstart murderbone before they get killed themselves.
Then you just wait and hope someone who doesn't know how the thing works won't try to space it.
ImageI play on Manuel as Swanni, the brain-damaged moth.
Be nice to each other.
Gamarr
Byond Username: Gamarr

Post by Gamarr » #437859

Goon has a higher standard than tg and this is the norm. Now that that can sink in, this item of the chaplains is one in a list of them just being buffed just because much like other things here. Their snowflakey weapons was always a bad idea imo and this thing is just all of that stupidity distilled into an antag item for them. I know the role is pretty bloody useless but the 'lets give them a weapon' was some sort of bad attempt at making it interesting rather than trying to fix the overall game and Why roles are useless.

I.e. this shitty chaplain weapon is a symbol of laziness and the awful direction the server has taken over time and should be held up as a standard of what not to be and the gameplay it represents.

I likely seen the round that caused this thread to occur and generally the chaplain gamed the box then just went around ruining everybody with it in his goal to get a shard sliver, which was the chaplains only real hurdle as the rads continued to ruin him forever after he got it. There was little to no defense on part of the station due to the normal chaos of the high population server on a Traitor round or so and said chaplain went about, 1-2 hitting most of the station and slowly eating the majority with it before escaping on the shuttle. All in all it was generally boring and you can see the salt reserves to come from it presently.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #437907

Gamarr wrote:I.e. this shitty chaplain weapon is a symbol of laziness and the awful direction the server has taken over time and should be held up as a standard of what not to be and the gameplay it represents.
truly, this is yet another /tg/ boondoggle
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #437912

Ascension was intended to be a reward for achieving the near impossible. It shouldn’t be removed if properly fixed. I see multiple glaring issues with it. First of all, lings can continually escape, allowing them to rake up kills easily. Also the monkey issue. The solution is obvious: remove monkeys counting for body count (but allow them to settle his hunger, no issue with that) and make it so you need 25 kills in a row.

Without these abuse methods its CRAZY hard to fulfill this objective. If someone is robust enough to pull it off, they deserve it. I’d also like to remind that its easy to stop his grace (early), and release the bodies within. The best strategy is just fucking RUN. If, with said nerfs, people continue to ascend, raise the number of bodies necessary.

This was intended to occur when a blue moon alines with all the planets. Just balance it.

Also did all 7 of you mis-read the poll or do you actually want his grace itself removed? His grace encourages murderbone, duh. But its deadlier to the user rather than the victim. Again, you seem to forget that the quickest, easiest way to beat his grace is by running away. Also, its easier to murderbone with a surplus crate (amongst the shit ton of other gear and combos in uplink).
[this space reserved]
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #438026

wesoda25 wrote: Also did all 7 of you mis-read the poll or do you actually want his grace itself removed? His grace encourages murderbone, duh. But its deadlier to the user rather than the victim. Again, you seem to forget that the quickest, easiest way to beat his grace is by running away. Also, its easier to murderbone with a surplus crate (amongst the shit ton of other gear and combos in uplink).
Encouraging murderbone is shitty in a game designed around roleplaying, we didnt misread the poll. His grace is a bad item.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #438183

Dr_bee wrote:
wesoda25 wrote: Also did all 7 of you mis-read the poll or do you actually want his grace itself removed? His grace encourages murderbone, duh. But its deadlier to the user rather than the victim. Again, you seem to forget that the quickest, easiest way to beat his grace is by running away. Also, its easier to murderbone with a surplus crate (amongst the shit ton of other gear and combos in uplink).
Encouraging murderbone is shitty in a game designed around roleplaying, we didnt misread the poll. His grace is a bad item.
Why aren’t you campaigning for deswords, clown cars, etc to be removed then? They also encourage murderbone or fucking over someones round. Better yet you should try to get revs removed too since it’s murderbone and doesn’t encourage roleplay. Shitty argument especially considering how fucking shit his grace is. As for the roleplay aspect of His Grace, its not nonexistent. I can think of some gimmicks of the station (or you and your victims) sending sacrifices into shut off rooms and activating his grace. Probably the greatest issue is how it doesn’t make sense with the lore and atmosphere of the game, but again we have multiple other examples of this.

His Grace is a neat, funny item that shouldn’t be cast aside. It needs its balancing, but thats it.
[this space reserved]
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #438207

it really should only get closer to ascension with objects that have a ckey, that should be trivial to add
bman
Github User
Byond Username: Basilman
Github Username: Militaires

Post by bman » #439169