Appeals which have been closed.
adfdxd

(Ivanissaccs)adfdxd , permaban for metacom

Post by adfdxd » #438468

Byond account and character name: adfdxd, random
Banning admin: Ivanissaccs
Ban type (What are you banned from?): bagil, sybil, terry
Ban reason and length: metacom, perma
Time ban was placed (including time zone): CET 14.31 (or so)
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): terry
Your side of the story:
I wanted to play as warden, I arrested someone, so far all good I got killed and was found by sec officer I don't see how I could Metacom sec officer saw where I die and where I was attacked I was going for my items and I saw dead sec officer I got my items back and went to check up on sec officer and meet hos and sec officer there and then I got banned without a warning or a questioning. I know rakusenpai from OOC we like to restart rounds ;)
Why you think you should be unbanned: I did not Metacom
Last edited by adfdxd on Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Re: Ivanissaccs, permaban for metacom

Post by Arianya » #438472

Please follow the format listed here:

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=44
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
Arianya
In-Game Game Master

Re: (Ivanissaccs)adfdxd , permaban for metacom

Post by Arianya » #438478

Thanks for changing the format. However I also have to lock this until the round is over since its a appeal about an ongoing round.

Arianya
In-Game Game Master

Post by Arianya » #438494

Thanks for your patience, the round is over.

Ivan Issaccs
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Ivanissaccs

Post by Ivan Issaccs » #438505

Alright.
Lets break this down as much as we can.

This first came to my attention when we became aware of you meta-grudging another player. An action you told they admins "No" when asked to stop.
This got you watch listed which made it really obvious that you were in contact OOC.
Logging in at the same moment, at the same time.
Spoiler:
ADMIN LOG: Notice: rakusenpai/(RakuSenpai) has been on the watchlist since 2018-08-31 13:15:44 and has just connected - Reason: Watch for metafriending with Adfdxd. Possible metacomms, too.
ADMIN LOG: Notice: adfdxd/(Adfdxd) has been on the watchlist since 2018-08-31 13:15:57 and has just connected - Reason: Watch for metafriending with RakuSenpai. Possible metacomms, too.
Spoiler:
[2018-09-09 11:50:36.871] ACCESS: Login: RakuSenpai from 1******************** || BYOND v512.1446
[2018-09-09 11:51:37.896] ACCESS: Login: Adfdxd from 8***************** || BYOND v512.1445

[2018-09-09 11:53:12.889] RakuSenpai \ Mrots Dnasedurad \ Security Officer \ NONE \ LATEJOIN
[2018-09-09 11:51:47.788] Adfdxd \ Pedro Clewett \ Warden \ NONE \ LATEJOIN
Every time I log in to Terry, I have to deal with one or the other of you to attempting to fuck with Gnull. Whether its taking ghost roles, singling them out IC or using OOC means to affect them and taunt them personally. You have also referenced one anothers bannings in OOC when it is only one of you having been banned.

So in the round in question I've performed some tests.
The first was to knock one of you out. The second it took affect the other made a U-Turn and started running in their direction untill such as they woke up.
The second was to make the person you had been griefing a changeling so as it wouldn't be obvious that an admin was directly doing things to you.
True enough, the Changeling killed one of you and the other then stopped what they were doing and came running direct with a stun baton in hand to arrest.
At this point I was ready to apply the perma ban but more evidence had to come spilling out.
While one of you was dead and orbiting the changeling, cloaked with with the chameleon gene the other ran across the station with stun baton in hand and hit him while invisible.

You have used metacomms to the point that me and others on the admin team have been trying to evidence it for nearly two weeks.
You have also used it to metagrudge a player across a round after being warned and banned for it.
You are a toxic influence on the server, you have lied in this appeal and show no remorse about doing such and as such I am denying this appeal, I'd invite headmins to pass their oppinion but I very much doubt it will differ from my own.
adfdxd

Post by adfdxd » #438508

YOU DO REALIZE THIS IS AGAINST FUCKING RULES RIGHT?

So in the round in question I've performed some tests.
The first was to knock one of you out. The second it took affect the other made a U-Turn and started running in their direction untill such as they woke up.
The second was to make the person you had been griefing a changeling so as it wouldn't be obvious that an admin was directly doing things to you.
True enough, the Changeling killed one of you and the other then stopped what they were doing and came running direct with a stun baton in hand to arrest.
At this point I was ready to apply the perma ban but more evidence had to come spilling out.
While one of you was dead and orbiting the changeling, cloaked with with the chameleon gene the other ran across the station with stun baton in hand and hit him while invisible.
ALSO OOC FRIENDS ARE ALLOWED WE CAN TALK BEFORE AND AFTER ROUNDS
SO WHEN DID I METAGRUGE SOMEONE? GNULL INSULTED ME FIRST EVERY TIME, NO ADMIN RESPONSE
ALL ROUNDS I TRIED TO RESTART WHERE ABOVE 8H
ok so unfair is looking at someone for 2 weeks "Dajcie mi człowieka, a paragraf się znajdzie" meaning Give me a man, and the paragraph will be found (look at someone and you will have a reason to ban) i never did anything to gnull as a drone (i know what you mean it was not me not my idea)
Last edited by adfdxd on Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #438510

Just to clarify, the actions he mentioned show that you’ve been talking DURING the round about INGAME stuff (not okay), not just before/after (okay).
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
adfdxd

Post by adfdxd » #438513

now i think i know what you mean he was asleep near robocist right ? look at the chat someone asked me to go to medbay i did not go to him
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #438516

I'm on phone but I can confirm their connection with rakusenpai including giving all access and free reign to them nearly wordlessly
Rustledjimm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #438519

There's no rule saying admins cannot perform sting operations if they suspect metacomms.
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes
adfdxd

Post by adfdxd » #438522

admins can but trial admins cannot
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #438524

I think you’re thinking of a different community, trialmins have equal reign here
adfdxd

Post by adfdxd » #438527

also i belive every time i asked raku for more acces or allacces
Rustledjimm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #438541

adfdxd wrote:admins can but trial admins cannot
I'm sorry are you trying to tell me what my admin team can and cannot do?
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #438547

Maybe admit fault instead of get upset you got caught
somerandomguy
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Post by somerandomguy » #438548

adfdxd wrote:YOU DO REALIZE THIS IS AGAINST FUCKING RULES RIGHT?
No it's not.
the RULES wrote:0: Enforcement of these rules is at the discretion of admins.
Admins are fully accountable for any consequences should they invoke this rule. Admins are also allowed to intervene in rounds when it is in the best interest of the playerbase.
If they think it improves the game (and the headmins don't have a problem with it) they can do it.

Bonus:
Spoiler:
adfdxd wrote:also i belive every time i asked raku for more acces or allacces
Most people don't just give random people all access (unless they're just a bad cap/hop), this just proves that you're metafriending/metacomming.
adfdxd wrote:ALSO OOC FRIENDS ARE ALLOWED WE CAN TALK BEFORE AND AFTER ROUNDS
adfdxd wrote:While one of you was dead and orbiting the changeling, cloaked with with the chameleon gene the other ran across the station with stun baton in hand and hit him while invisible.
This was midround. There is no way this could not be midround.
adfdxd wrote:ok so unfair is looking at someone for 2 weeks "Dajcie mi człowieka, a paragraf się znajdzie" meaning Give me a man, and the paragraph will be found
They were looking at you because they saw something that made them think you were metacomming, but they weren't 100% sure. Now they are, and you're banned.
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #438571

For the record, and so it can be quoted at a later date:

Trial admins are full admins, have all of the same in game permissions of a full admin, and can do anything a full admin can do.

The only difference between trial admins and full admins is that trial admins have a 60 day review and that a full admin can remove a trialmin's ban without waiting for a headmin to ok it if they think it's grossly out of line with policy. (something that hasn't had to be invoked for years)
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
adfdxd

Post by adfdxd » #438578

i see i was wrong, I'm sorry my personality is really hard, I was too impulsive and misunderstood the rules and trial admin concept im not trying to tell you what your admin team can or cannot do.
adfdxd

Post by adfdxd » #438580

i guess i should have waited and calm down before my bad
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #438599

adfdxd wrote:also i belive every time i asked raku for more acces or allacces
To get back on the subject, it's not the fact that you ask him for access that's bad.

It's the fact that you guys will willingly benefit yourselves based entirely in your OOC relationship.

AKA he ONLY gives you all access EVERY TIME because you two are OOC friends, he wouldn't do this for other players, particularly the one you have been known to metagrudge.

If you're not going to admit to the metacomming despite the damning evidence, or actually contest said damning evidence, there's really no point in trying to appeal in the first place because it's not going to get lifted. Even then it's not a guarantee.

Hope this clarifies our actual gripe.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #438625

now this belongs in the salt reserves