Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

[dont remember] Iamgoofball - OOC ban

Post by iamgoofball » #438405

Byond account and character name: Iamgoofball, N/A
Banning admin: don't remember original banner
Ban type (What are you banned from?): OOC
Ban reason and length: perma, an admin tried to dig around for the reason for me for the ban appeal, but we couldn't find the actual ban, just the re-places from future admins
Time ban was placed (including time zone): don't remember, 2-3 election cycles ago?
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): N/A
Your side of the story:
I think this ban was because the admins at the time didn't approve of my campaigning. I don't remember which headmin handled it. I think it was Kor who helped mediate it, but kor is MIA forever.
Why you think you should be unbanned:
It's nice to be able to talk to players and show them sneak peeks of dumb coding ideas.
subject217
Github User
Byond Username: Subject217
Github Username: subject217

Re: [dont remember] Iamgoofball - OOC ban

Post by subject217 » #438418

As best I can tell from your notes, the OOC ban was by Ausops after he undid your perma-ban from Sawrge in October of 2017. None of these people or the headmins of the time are around anymore, and as best I can tell there was no appeal thread of any sort for your permaban and OOC ban. This one is probably up to the head admins.
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #438441

subject217 wrote:As best I can tell from your notes, the OOC ban was by Ausops after he undid your perma-ban from Sawrge in October of 2017. None of these people or the headmins of the time are around anymore, and as best I can tell there was no appeal thread of any sort for your permaban and OOC ban. This one is probably up to the head admins.
I handle most these spurious permas off the forums since I get accused of stirring drama every time I post an appeal thread. You know, by the same people who accused me of stirring community drama when I tried to campaign or when I argued with people about my pull requests.
WarbossLincoln
Byond Username: WarbossLincoln

Post by WarbossLincoln » #438819

Wasn't the ban reason that some admin thought you were shitting up OOC with stuff about your PRs? I was around then but I don't remember if you were actually shitting up OOC or if they just thought you were. "Shitting up" isn't a well defined line.
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #438820

WarbossLincoln wrote:Wasn't the ban reason that some admin thought you were shitting up OOC with stuff about your PRs? I was around then but I don't remember if you were actually shitting up OOC or if they just thought you were. "Shitting up" isn't a well defined line.
If this truly is the ban reason, banning a coder for collecting feedback is disgusting.
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #438852

As a note, OOC bans also block deadchat, meaning I can't meme and saltpost with my fellow players after getting murdered. Don't really know why it blocks deadchat.
WarbossLincoln
Byond Username: WarbossLincoln

Post by WarbossLincoln » #439045

iamgoofball wrote:
WarbossLincoln wrote:Wasn't the ban reason that some admin thought you were shitting up OOC with stuff about your PRs? I was around then but I don't remember if you were actually shitting up OOC or if they just thought you were. "Shitting up" isn't a well defined line.
If this truly is the ban reason, banning a coder for collecting feedback is disgusting.
It might not be but I vaguely remember a long time ago there was some stupid OOC ban related drama involving you talking about PRs.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #439050

the first time he was banned was by saegrimr

2017-01-08 01:53:04 saegrimr /tg/Station Bagil [ENGLISH] [100
Banned from OOC - From Shadowlight "If he just sits in the lobby, and shills or shitposts in OOC, mute him. If he joins and actually plays, unmute him."

That note was given a month earlier by shadowlight213

2016-12-07 03:26:04 shadowlight213 /tg/Station Bagil [ENGLISH] [100
If he just sits in the lobby, and shills or shitposts in OOC, mute him. If he joins and actually plays, unmute him.

Your only other OOC ban before that was from Ausops with the message "no" back in 2015, probably not relevant here.

There's another note from Ikarrus back in 2015.

2015-07-12 00:00:00 ikarrus Sybil
HoPs onto OOC to shill his PR and gets into fights when they're not well recieved. I muted him a few times but if he keeps doing this just start giving him bans.

After that it's a string of unbans/rebans for when you were collecting feedback on testmerges.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
subject217
Github User
Byond Username: Subject217
Github Username: subject217

Post by subject217 » #439165

Beesting, none of those were permanent bans. The first permanent OOC ban was Ausops, which is what is relevant here, as it was un-applied and re-applied for the purpose explained in the note. The previous bans don't really matter for this ban appeal except for the context of "Goofball was banned for shitting up OOC on multiple occasions before he was permabanned for it".
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #439166

And additionally, talking to players about PRs that will impact them should really not be cited as "shilling" and a problem. Players need to know what changes are coming down the pipeline.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #439182

iamgoofball wrote:And additionally, talking to players about PRs that will impact them should really not be cited as "shilling" and a problem. Players need to know what changes are coming down the pipeline.
funny way of saying "telling players to go to a URL you paste in and add a :+1: and comment saying to merge it"

that said i think goof should be unbanned from OOC. imo OOC bans should only be used on consistent spammers/IC-in-OOCers. if things go off topic or get too heated just global mute OOC or round-mute the individuals responsible from OOC.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #439202

PKPenguin321 wrote:
iamgoofball wrote:And additionally, talking to players about PRs that will impact them should really not be cited as "shilling" and a problem. Players need to know what changes are coming down the pipeline.
funny way of saying "telling players to go to a URL you paste in and add a :+1: and comment saying to merge it"
If players are going to a URL and +1ing it, that's their perogative. I don't get paid for +1s, so getting mad at me because players like a feature is dumb.
Rustledjimm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #439243

Sure we can lift the OOC ban.

It's not like goof goes on much anymore anyway and if he spergs out again we can always just re-ban him.
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes