[kangtut] segundoblz - note appeal

Appeals which have been closed.
segundoblz
Byond Username: Segundoblz

[kangtut] segundoblz - note appeal

Post by segundoblz » #439170

Byond account and character name: segundoblz / Z.O.I.D as a borg / Ezekiel Hoopengarner
Banning admin: KangTut
Note: Reminded about human harm - watched as the crew gunned down a lone op.
Time ban was placed: 2018-09-11 - 12:39:36
Round id: I don't remember (I'll check logs if requested)
Server you were playing when banned: Bagil
Your side of the story: I was playing as a cyborg, not named "Shitting Dick Nipples Mk-7" because roboticist was "funny", anyway station went delta and there were reports of an operative at the vault trying to blow up the station, so I go there.
When I stepped inside the the vault, there were two people plus the ops. At the time I did not think of saving the op, who was ALREADY downed, but instead I was worried about the nuke, which could harm even more humans, which means everyone at the z-level. I think the HoS and someone pulled the lone ops out of the vault and I even tried to flash one of them and misscliked it but hey, happens. I was still more worried about a nuke than about a downed ops. Yes, they lasered him later to finish, and that was too late. Could I have prevented it? Maybe. But there was a situation which involved human harm from all sides.
I'm not a new player who doesn't know boundaries, even tho my record says I've played only 11 hours as a cyborg, I probably have 20 times more than that. I make horrible decisions from times and times and I regret every bad decision I make, but I don't think this is one of them, since there was a situation I had to decide what to do and I had chosen to stop the nuke. Not sure if it deserved a note from that and that's why I'm appealing.

For note: I got bwoinked while people were still there, so I had to stop everything I was doing to reply KangTut. I know his intention was good, but could have waited a bit 'till things had calmed down.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Re: [kangtut] segundoblz - note appeal

Post by BeeSting12 » #439174

For future reference: In Asimov, immediate harm takes priority over later harm. In this situation, saving the operatives would've been the correct thing to do. A common example I've seen used is this:

A traitor is holding a man hostage outside the AI upload and demands he lets you in, or he'll kill the man. Even though the traitor is likely to make you do some awful things, you must let him in because immediate harm takes precedence over later harm, even if it's more massive.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
segundoblz

Post by segundoblz » #439175

/thread
Kangtut
Byond Username: KangTut

Post by Kangtut » #439235

I did handle the ahelp a bit poorly. I jumped straight into the matter instead of giving segundoblz a chance to let the situation clear first and I do apologize for that. The note is also meant to be a reminder rather than a black mark on your record or something similar. But it's like Beesting said: you have to take immediate harm into account - trust me I've messed that up too and made a similar mistake before; which is also why the note isn't anything severe.
segundoblz

Post by segundoblz » #439245

I re-read silicon policy and I realized it has changed a lot through the years. That was my fault for not keeping myself up-to-date with it while playing as silicon. It has a lot of new variables and stuffs I was not aware.
Close this thread. Thank you.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #439249

Seems resolved.

Thanks to OP for his understanding, and hopefully Kang takes on board the stuff wrt his handling of the ahelp.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg