[Imsxz] - Zybwivcz / The Case Of The Exploding Shuttle

Appeals which have been closed.
Zybwivcz
Byond Username: Zybwivcz

[Imsxz] - Zybwivcz / The Case Of The Exploding Shuttle

Post by Zybwivcz » #439546

Byond account and character name: Zybwivcz, and some random character name I don't recall as a scientist
Banning admin: Imsxz
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Server ban
Ban reason and length: 3 weeks, blowing the escape shuttle the hell up.
Time ban was placed: 2018-9-14 5:16:05 BanID #35871
Server you were playing when banned: Bagil

Your side of the story: I mistakenly activated whatever the self-destruction nanite's name is 30 seconds before the shuttle made it to Centcomm and blew up considerable part of the shuttle. In my defense I had planned to blow everybody up, but only after the round ended. I wound up doing it half a minute too early because I was still confused about the difference between nanite relays and nanite signals and nanite codes and how exactly to use them all together with the nanite signaler and its various ranges, and while fiddling with it I sent whatever signal set them off to everybody in the cloud. The nanites had been maintained entirely as a healing/buff cloud for the round until that. Imsxz messaged me about it afterwards but I didn't manage to respond to him because I had been alt-tabbing between the wiki's nanites page and the client and didn't notice his messages until after the ban went into effect and it was too late to respond.

Why you think you should be unbanned: Me blowing everybody up (early) was a result of nanite-related ignorance, not nanite-related malice. And any damage done was limited to the last sub-30 seconds of the round. Plus now that I've finally figured out (I think) how the whole kind of obtuse nanite system works I'll only blow people up with it if I'm supposed to.
imsxz
Byond Username: Imsxz

Re: [Imsxz] - Zybwivcz / The Case Of The Exploding Shuttle

Post by imsxz » #439792

Hi, thank you for the appeal! The lengthy ban was primarily due to the lack of response in adminhelps, had to assume it was grief, thank you for saying otherwise! I've reduced the ban to 1 hour per kill(~21) instead of 1 day per kill. In the future, you'll /really/ want to respond to adminhelps like this. Thanks again for the appeal!

please subscribe to me on youtube
terranaut wrote:i saw this video before it was posted here
you too can be cool like me if you just subscribe to imsxz youtube channel :shades:
Arianya wrote:no, not the snails, shut up imsxz
Nervore wrote:I am going to will you out of existence, Imsxz.
One day, you will just cease to exist.