2k18 /pol/

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Re: 2k18 /pol/

Post by Grazyn » #439350

Bottom post of the previous page:

The fact that chili con carne has to specify there's beef in it makes me think that 5 bean chili is intended to be vegetarian
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #439445

CosmicScientist wrote:I imagine it has to specify there's beef because there is an edible plant also called chili.
Uh what? Chili pepper or chili powder is also an ingredient in "chili", the names specifies there's meat in addition to chili. So if you hold the meat, you still have chili without carne/meat.
Iatots
Byond Username: Iatots
Github Username: Iatots

Post by Iatots » #439458

Chili just became shorthand for chili con carne, the original recipe is just chili and meat. The pepper became associated with the dish, that's why anglophones refer to it as "chili pepper". The pepper is just chili in the spanish and mesoamerican languages.
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #439484

Well whatever, I googled 5 bean chili recipe and the results don't mention meat. So this particual recipe for chili doesn't normally include meat so the girl was right to expect it to not contain meat without having to ask. And I stand by my opinion that a vegan asking clarifications about an obviously vegetable dish is gonna entice some groans from the staff.
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #439486

It's fine and dandy to ENCOURAGE equality in the workplace, but forcing it is just gonna cause problems
I don't care what you have dangling between your legs, as long as you actually do your job

Oh, and will this mean men get the exact same maternity leave times as women do or is that being conveniently left out of discussions
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #439498

Men get 3 months paternity leave at my workplace even if theyre adopting a baby
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #439509

Grazyn wrote:Well whatever, I googled 5 bean chili recipe and the results don't mention meat. So this particual recipe for chili doesn't normally include meat so the girl was right to expect it to not contain meat without having to ask. And I stand by my opinion that a vegan asking clarifications about an obviously vegetable dish is gonna entice some groans from the staff.
It would've had a big 'V' for vegetarian, may have even had a special coloured 'V' for special vegans, next to it on the menu if it was meat free.

But that's not the point, the point was after ingesting only a spoonful she has a reaction like the woman off Little Britian
[youtube]wQE0blj5iyI[/youtube]
Takeguru wrote:It's fine and dandy to ENCOURAGE equality in the workplace, but forcing it is just gonna cause problems
I don't care what you have dangling between your legs, as long as you actually do your job

Oh, and will this mean men get the exact same maternity leave times as women do or is that being conveniently left out of discussions
Oh I'm sure they won't run into a lack of qualified women that desire to do an engineering degree to work 10 hours a day in a drafty workshop, lugging heavy tools and bits of steel about the place, to hit 40 looking like a shriveled up peach and shaking like an alcoholic from the nerve poisoning caused by welding stainless steel.

I'm sure they won't run into problems recruiting, have a male member of staff post a memo about why he thinks women aren't going into the industry, won't fire said man for being a creepy awkward sexist... and then completely fuck up their defence in a wrongful termination suit by posting their memo containing much of the same points as the first.

Nope, that won't happen at all.
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #439561

I remember how shocked I was when I found out that every black woman you see with non-afro, non-frizzy hair is actually wearing a wig. Apparently, the frizzines can't be tamed and a wig it's the only way they can enjoy a smooth hairstyle.
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #439563

Not entirely true.

You can straighten nappy hair it's just extremely high maintenance, its much easier for them to just put on a durag/have short hair and wear a weave.

Look at michelle obama thats her natural hair she just has it straightened regularly and probably has a team of stylists to ensure its on point erry day.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #439565

Yeah, women with normal hair already spend a ridiculous amount of time to maintain and style their hair, black people hair just make this time skyrocket so much that it's functionally impossible for most people to do that. So if you assume that all black women with straight hair you meet in your daily life are wearing a wig, you'll be right most of the time.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #439567

show your individuality by conforming to my standards
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #439579

On the other hand the reason they wear weaves is because throughout time black womens standards of beauty have been based on white women, to which none of us have the agency to understand because we're not black women.

I personally think that nappy hair looks 100x better than straight hair on black women but I can totally understand why they do it when their entire life they've been bombarded that u aint shit without straight hair.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #439582

Huh? What's this about black kids being oppressed because they can't have dreads in school?

When I was in school there were plenty of black kids with dreads
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #439583

this woman was clearly being oppressed by not having anything to complain about on live television
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #439635

I think frizzy hair is hot
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #439636

Super Aggro Crag wrote:I think frizzy hair is hot
I prefer long manes
Spoiler:
get it, long
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #439639

Super Aggro Crag wrote:I think frizzy hair is hot
Yea...

My dick becomes as hard as a fucking diamond when i see light skinned black girls with big afros.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #439643

I even like caucasians with frizzy hair
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #439686

Theres only 365 days to dedicate to something every year
Some days are going to have to be shared, obviously

That hair looks terrible also. Same for dreadlocks.
But that doesn't mean it should be banned. Banning stuff for looking bad would mean we'd be banning pretty near everything

If that's the only styles accessible to them, then I'm sure they'll do their best to look decent
So what exactly is the problem again? That they don't like their options for appearance stuff?
That people don't like their chosen looks?
That they want money and just don't give a shit that they're not making any sort of serious case?
XSI

Post by XSI » #439705

Have they considered to, instead of demanding others do it, make things that include it themselves?
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #439709

That requires capital
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #439746

I mean, I get the intent behind banning dreads in the workplace, but like with anything it depends on how you do it

Common hood rat dreads look terrible but in general can be done nicely and still look professional
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #439761

People say dreads are unhygienic but ive never seen a stinky white kid get told he needs to clean up
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #439775

White people dreads are usually vile because they got zero clue on how to clean them whilst black people have curly hair naturally and thus they know how to clean them.

Tho obviously theres some people who just have bad hygiene regardless of whether they're black white or asian.
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #439788

people of any colour can have bad hygiene but generally speaking the kind of white people who choose to have dreads are the kind of white people to have bad hygiene, while there is no such correlation between black people with dreads and black people with bad hygiene
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #439801

So how the fuck is the Swedish government going to turn out? It looks like the center-right alliance isn't going to have any choice but to form a coalition government with the SD
XSI

Post by XSI » #439802

>Implying anyone in Sweden will work with SD

Expect a minority government that will keep doing the same things the previous governments have been doing
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #439805

Except The Alliance and SDs are just going to cockblock everything. Even if they won't form an alliance, they both have an interest in blocking the same stuff
XSI

Post by XSI » #439806

Right, which means nothing will change
Because nobody can push through any changes without support from people who do not support those changes
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #439807

ColonicAcid wrote:White people dreads are usually vile because they got zero clue on how to clean them whilst black people have curly hair naturally and thus they know how to clean them.

Tho obviously theres some people who just have bad hygiene regardless of whether they're black white or asian.
U can have any kind of hair and be a stinky Thats my point
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #439809

but what if you have no hair

checkmate mammals

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #439818

>implying noodles don't shave

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #439834

Is SD sweden's Social Democrats party or is it their 'extremist neo-nazi far right skinhead, that wants to turn all muslims into lampshades' party (as the media would label them)

If the latter, a coalition might make sense... but then it would've made sense for the Lead Lady to form a coalition with UKIP instead of bible thumping paddies.

And as we all know, politics isn't about making sensible decisions.
XSI

Post by XSI » #439847

From what I've found with minimum research:
Sweden Democrats are the regular nationalists who aren't extreme, they just want to stop the mass immigration and anti-nationalism
Alternative for Sweden (Did not get enough votes for seats in government) is the one that's further right and can be considered more extreme on immigration, though still not even close to historical stances on the matter

It's just a matter of everyone in power being so far-left on immigrants and social factors that the moderates are considered extremists by them, even though they don't really have that extreme a platform
But that's how you'll know what the established parties really think, if they pass over the nationalists then they basically say they consider open borders more important than everything else in their agendas
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #439898

XSI wrote:they just want to stop the mass immigration and anti-nationalism
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #440286

I got into university with a mix of some of my BTEC's sprinked casually and even i think i shouldn't have been there. BTEC's should be valued less not over valued because there's plenty of empty courses on that one too.

Spoiler:
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #440403

I got through my english exam pretty well, no offence took on my BTEC's they weren't even related to the course i went on to 'attempt' to do anyway until it became readily clear i was out of my depth and a few concurrent other things happening too. They can make out you're prepared for it but your never really actually prepared for it once you get there.

Um, politics, politics hmm... Brexit? We're getting stuffed, Ireland is said to be getting a easier deal but we're still getting completely stuffed over and they want another referendum (in which i think the north & outside of London will be extremely angry and persistent)

Spoiler:
XSI

Post by XSI » #440407

That's the entire plan, isn't it?

Delay as long as possible and keep asking until the people say what the politicians want to hear.
Same shit happened with my parents when I was young.
"What do you want to be when you grow up?"
"No, that's not good enough. Pick something else"
Repeat until they are finally satisfied with the answer
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #440998

[youtube]S-II9B_CrBk[/youtube]

Also stumbled across this today, didn't know Pat Condell did stand up or had hair

[youtube]5hwl0AzLvWQ[/youtube]

[youtube]poZ1sH9o1M8[/youtube]
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #441342

Gonna see the new Michael Moore rant for giggles
Will probably report back on his Trump hitpiece film if I remember any of it through the booze
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #441874

Eh I forgot most of the movie

He talked a lot about Flint, Michigan which struck me as I didn't expect that to be like half of it

A lot of slamming Trump's past which I did expect

In other news, bringing back the witch hunts of old, Cosby was convicted to 3-10 years with no forensic evidence and word of mouth alone, so that's fun
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #441899

There were a bunch of accusers but they all waited until after the statute of limitations
They got him on one which happened 14(?) years ago, if she's not bullshitting

Still, this is all just he-said she-said so why it wasn't tossed out of a criminal court is ridiculous
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #441916

Takeguru wrote:He talked a lot about Flint, Michigan which struck me as I didn't expect that to be like half of it
>When Trump is so scandal free you have to pretend Flint hasn't had shit water for 10+ years and that it's his fault somehow

Lmao
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #441946

The Labour political Broadcast was a bit Royston Vasey, local Labour government for local people.

Spoiler:
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #441980

Nope, he wasn't blaming Trump for Flint, he was blaming the governor, who deserves the blame

He merely said Trump must admire the racial genocide occurring there which is laughable
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #442086

Takeguru wrote:Nope, he wasn't blaming Trump for Flint, he was blaming the governor, who deserves the blame

He merely said Trump must admire the racial genocide occurring there which is laughable
Yeah the governor is totally at fault but literally why even mention it if it has nothing to do with Trump
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #442545

Brett kavanaugh?
XSI

Post by XSI » #442547

What about him?
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #442549

He dindu nuffin and the accusations are an obvious stalling tactic
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #442550

just like bill cosby dindu nuffin amirite

actually a Spiegel caricarture suggested using Bill as replacement

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
XSI

Post by XSI » #442554

Can't say if he dindu nuffin, but innocent until proven guilty so that's not really the point. They'll need to prove he did do sumfin

But it sure as fuck is an obvious stalling tactic