[No Longer Admin] Elyina

MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

[No Longer Admin] Elyina

Post by MrStonedOne » #2321

Please post any positive or negative feedback for the administrator here.
This is not the place to discuss ban appeals, admin complaints, or ban requests.
This is for specific feedback for this administrator.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
tunderchief

Re: Elyina

Post by tunderchief » #20060

Moves personal complaints out of his personal thread, apparently to save face. Pretty despicable behavior.
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #20066

This is for admins in the context of in-game or FNR administrating, as in handling ban cases, not moderating FNR which is elyina's second job. He was enforcing rules that HBL put in place whether you like it or not, your hate is extremely misguided.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
tunderchief

Post by tunderchief » #20069

paprika wrote:This is for admins in the context of in-game or FNR administrating, as in handling ban cases, not moderating FNR which is elyina's second job. He was enforcing rules that HBL put in place whether you like it or not, your hate is extremely misguided.

Fair enough. In that case, I retract the feedback.
Litlbear

Post by Litlbear » #26735

I don't usually care when admins are rude, but Elyina enjoys going above and beyond for whatever reason. Extremely round constantly, never seen him act nice. I and another person were talking using words like "RP" and such, and only I was banned, after I stated that I did not enjoy the RP. The other person involved was left alone. Again, I really don't care about how admins act, but honestly, Elyina needs to calm down a bit, and if they don't like me, not answer my ahelps, and let someone else do it instead.
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Post by CitrusGender » #439608

They're back.
BebeYoshi
Byond Username: BebeYoshi

Post by BebeYoshi » #439640

Not a Suguri admin, what else can I say?
elyina
Byond Username: Elyina

Post by elyina » #439865

I've taken your feedback to heart bebe
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #439880

has feedback in their thread deleted, apparently gets to pick and choose what feedback they get, claims most of the original feedback was "worthless"

suspicious behaviour in general, tries to avoid their own history, claims it was all misrepresentation and refuses to admit wrongdoing.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #439881

oranges wrote:has feedback in their thread deleted, apparently gets to pick and choose what feedback they get, claims most of the original feedback was "worthless"

suspicious behaviour in general, tries to avoid their own history, claims it was all misrepresentation and refuses to admit wrongdoing.
The deleted feedback was withdrawn by the poster some 4 odd years ago.

I appreciate your oversight on this though =)
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #439882

the retraction was posted in the thread, removing feedback has rarely been done before, I don't see why you need to supress the original complaint, which was ironically about them having feedback moved out of their thread.

You can admire the parallels
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #439884

oranges wrote:the retraction was posted in the thread, removing feedback has rarely been done before, I don't see why you need to supress the original complaint, which was ironically about them having feedback moved out of their thread.

You can admire the parallels
I agree, it's rarely been done and this was why a minimum of 2 headmins opinions were sought before taking the action.

This isn't the first or last time feedback has been deleted though

Different circumstances, admittedly, but you get my point.

Regardless, this isn't the place for this discussion. I'd invite you to make a thread either in Policy Discussion or Administrator General, whichever you deem more fitting.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #439965

oranges wrote:has feedback in their thread deleted, apparently gets to pick and choose what feedback they get, claims most of the original feedback was "worthless"

Yeah, if I recall correctly back in the day they got deadminned for being a suspicious motherfucker too. This doesn't bode well, at all.
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #439966

Has personal complaints deleted out of his personal thread, apparently to save face. Pretty despicable behavior.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #439968

This is for admins in the context of in-game or FNR administrating, as in handling ban cases, not moderating FNR which is elyina's second job. He was enforcing rules that HBL put in place whether you like it or not, your hate is extremely misguided.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #439969

I stand by it
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #439983

Lazengann wrote:I stand by it
And yet it's entirely wrong.

4 year old hate from a poorly enforced era of administration would understandably be irrelevant today.

It does immediately provide a negative image rather unfairly.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #440011

Stickymayhem wrote:

4 year old hate from a poorly enforced era of administration would understandably be irrelevant today.

Not when they were last here 4 years ago. If they had been active? Sure, maybe. But they weren't and this reeks of covering shit up.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #440014

Stickymayhem wrote:

Instead, why not focus on the positives of elyina's administrative ability and add posts that counteract the negative feedback from four years ago, which I might point out, was retracted literally 2 posts later after someone explained the situation.

For example: Elyina definitely takes the time to ask in adminbus about rulings, when they're unsure, which is a good trait to have.

Doing things like that would have improved the quality of the thread, Removing feedback takes the thread right back to the same place as 4 years ago and was pretty shortsighted as now people have a legitimate complaint about elyina getting feedback that reflects poorly on them removed.
elyina

Post by elyina » #440033

if you think the removal of feedback from 4 years ago that was in the wrong section to begin with is trying to cover something up you're either beyond help or just posting in bad faith which i will not even engage with.
37 btw
also never been deadmined, left on my own accord. if you're gonna throw shade at least take the time to get your facts straight
you may now resume embarrassing yourselves publicly
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #440036

elyina wrote:if you think the removal of feedback from 4 years ago that was in the wrong section to begin with is trying to cover something up you're either beyond help or just posting in bad faith which i will not even engage with.
The intent does matter and I don't think anyone actually believes you were doing it maliciously, but the reasoning given for removing it have been debunked and most people agreed with my line of reasoning.
elyina wrote:37 btw
even if I was actually 37, why would that have any impact on the facts laid out here, this is at best, posting in bad faith while also pretending you don’t engage in that kind of thing, as it is, I think your behaviour here is pretty telling, especially when you decided to brag to my face about having feedback deleted even after I queried if it was a good idea, which is pretty tone deaf considering the subject.

I mean the only person publicly embarrassing them self right now is you.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #461599

The kind of cosseted admin that convinces me that my initial impression of the several over reaches in forum moderation to protect admins from peanut gallery posting and actual feedback in other areas of FNR was a grave mistake.

I simply don't see any value in them that justifies such measures to protect it or any way they or their rulings would warrant respect.

Cutting to the point trying to turn naming policy something I have opposed personally into voldemorting the drat removed name and functionally making it forbidden to type IC for "Abiding by an admins ruling" is as ridiculous as killing an assistant for writing "hitler" on a piece of paper.
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #461614

Seems extremely petty, harsh, and mean spirited in their application of the rules. I hope they change and take a good look at whether they're banning to make the server better before a trio of headmins that doesn't protect other admins at all costs regardless of quality comes in
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #461629

Are you actually upset at Elyina for dealing with a pretty blatant case of ban evasion?
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
somerandomguy
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Post by somerandomguy » #461639

Incomptinence wrote:The kind of cosseted admin that convinces me that my initial impression of the several over reaches in forum moderation to protect admins from peanut gallery posting and actual feedback in other areas of FNR was a grave mistake.

I simply don't see any value in them that justifies such measures to protect it or any way they or their rulings would warrant respect.

Cutting to the point trying to turn naming policy something I have opposed personally into voldemorting the drat removed name and functionally making it forbidden to type IC for "Abiding by an admins ruling" is as ridiculous as killing an assistant for writing "hitler" on a piece of paper.
The same could be said for jobban evading by going to the hop and we ban for that all the time
elyina

Post by elyina » #461718

Nilons wrote:Seems extremely petty, harsh, and mean spirited in their application of the rules. I hope they change and take a good look at whether they're banning to make the server better before a trio of headmins that doesn't protect other admins at all costs regardless of quality comes in
I'm curious what brought you to such a conclusion, I don't seem to recall interacting with you much on the game servers. If you feel that way over a single ban that doesn't involve you then I don't know what to tell you.
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #474188

Needs to be harder on shitters tbh
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #474217

Dax Dupont wrote:Needs to be harder on shitters tbh
You couldn’t possibly be referring to me, could you?
[this space reserved]
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #474222

wesoda25 wrote:
Dax Dupont wrote:Needs to be harder on shitters tbh
You couldn’t possibly be referring to me, could you?
Did I mention your name?
Nervere
Byond Username: Nervere
Github Username: nervere

Post by Nervere » #474824

I have to disagree with Dax’s feedback. When it comes to bringing down the hammer on people that deserve it, Ely is one of our best admins. He’s firm in his judgments, and if I’d say this derived from a strong understanding of the rules and how they’re meant to be enforced. I’m proud of Ely’s good work as an admin.
MortoSasye
Byond Username: MortoSasye

Post by MortoSasye » #474829

A firm and strict admin; knows well how and when to apply the rules and the spirit of them. Also bonus points for being here even longer than most of us.
Bella Rouge; no, it's not Rogue
NSFW:
angelstarri
Byond Username: Angelstarri

Post by angelstarri » #474874

- rep i thought they were a girl and they weren't

Code: Select all

I strongly suspected the borgs were one humaned by the Captain because of their increasingly strange behavior throughout the round after the Captain had entered their upload and seemingly changed the laws. I had asked twice if I could blow the borgs to no response (because there was no admin online apparently). They were constantly complimenting the Captain and calling her pretty and essentially threatening people who called the Captain ugly - Pepper Oni.
Karp
Byond Username: Ambassador Magikarp

Post by Karp » #521632

Retired boomer