BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Assimilation mode for Asimov AIs.

Post by BeeSting12 » #441864

1. Are the assimilated people human?

2. Is the assimilator human?

For 1, I'd say yes.

For 2, I'd go with no, but you can't kill them until you know for sure it's an assimilator similar to changelings.

Once we come to a final decision here we should put it on that table on the rules page in silicon policy.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
WarbossLincoln
Byond Username: WarbossLincoln

Re: Assimilation mode for Asimov AIs.

Post by WarbossLincoln » #441878

Is this a new antag type? Or just something old I'm not familiar with.
--Crocodillo

Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #441883

New game mode, wiki is here:

https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Assimilation

I'd agree that the assimilator/hivemind host isn't human but I'm not sure if they have any visible tells that would suffice for an AI to consider them non-human? I'd need to see more of them in action to comment really.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
WarbossLincoln
Byond Username: WarbossLincoln

Post by WarbossLincoln » #441910

From the sound of it the only way to know who is a host is to catch one of their hive and implant them. I can already see this being an admin nightmare to have Not-Antags all over the station that can be the origin of lots of effects but can't be treated like antags.
--Crocodillo

Kierany9
Byond Username: Kierany9

Post by Kierany9 » #441914

My original intention was for Hosts to be nonhuman and the Assimilated crew to be human. This was before I started coding, and before mind control was an implemented power so it brings a lot of problems.

Vessels(assimilated crew) can be temporarily taken over by the antags, and they get to keep all their powers while possessing them. This means that there isn't really a distinction between the two that silicons can detect, since it requires security cooperation. I don't know how the policy for changelings works on /tg/, whether a silicon must confirm that somebody is a changeling (and thus is nonhuman), or if through reasonable suspicion and confirmation of their inhumanity by trusted crew is enough, but I'd say base it on that. If they have to see the ling powers with their own eyes then I'd make everybody in assimilation human, but if they can confirm nonhumanity because they've been dragging corpses into maint that show up ten minutes later as husks, and Security is screaming about how they got armbladed, then yes, Hosts should be nonhuman.

Either that or make them both nonhuman for shits and giggles, if there aren't any admin problems with AIs technically being allowed to purge all catgirls/lizards then there shouldn't be here either.
Boris
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Borisvanmemes

Post by Boris » #441922

I'd say their human due to the fact that this would be a fucking nightmare for us admins.
current admin that was formerly retired due to inactivity
Arianya
In-Game Game Master

Post by Arianya » #441945

Kierany9 wrote:My original intention was for Hosts to be nonhuman and the Assimilated crew to be human. This was before I started coding, and before mind control was an implemented power so it brings a lot of problems.

Vessels(assimilated crew) can be temporarily taken over by the antags, and they get to keep all their powers while possessing them. This means that there isn't really a distinction between the two that silicons can detect, since it requires security cooperation. I don't know how the policy for changelings works on /tg/, whether a silicon must confirm that somebody is a changeling (and thus is nonhuman), or if through reasonable suspicion and confirmation of their inhumanity by trusted crew is enough, but I'd say base it on that. If they have to see the ling powers with their own eyes then I'd make everybody in assimilation human, but if they can confirm nonhumanity because they've been dragging corpses into maint that show up ten minutes later as husks, and Security is screaming about how they got armbladed, then yes, Hosts should be nonhuman.

Either that or make them both nonhuman for shits and giggles, if there aren't any admin problems with AIs technically being allowed to purge all catgirls/lizards then there shouldn't be here either.
Policy on /tg/ re: changelings is that the silicon must witness the changeling doing something changeling (i.e. sprouting an armblade, flesh suit, transforming from one identity to another, etc) to consider them non-human. Even if they can clearly tell by deduction that someone is a changeling they must treat them as human until they see those powers.

Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #441969

Asims are just Psions with a weird name, ergo humans with mind powers.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
lmwevil
Byond Username: Lmwevil

Post by lmwevil » #442328

tbh it's the same as cult, they use powers and crap but are still human just like a wiz too
TehSteveo
Byond Username: TehSteveo

Post by TehSteveo » #442343

It'd be similar to old Shadowling where the thralls had powers. They were humans that were mutated and developed a tumor that caused them being turned into such. The Shadowling itself was not a human obviously.

As such probably best to leave it at that and laws can be adjusted to compensate for anything to declare non-human such as the powers. Similar to how laws get written to deal with wizarding and culting.
Freedom
Arianya
In-Game Game Master

Post by Arianya » #445287

To avoid confusion and people getting bwoinked over this, hivemind hosts/the assimilator are to be treated as humans by silicons. None of their powers are externally obvious and so even if the crew are screaming their head off about "[x] is a hivemind host!!" silicons should treat this as they would a claim that a person is changeling. In the absence of other evidence, always assume human until proven otherwise.

For similar reasons, hivemind vessels/assimilated are human.