Appeals which have been closed.
Sanator
Byond Username: Sanator

[Ivanissaccs] Sanator - jobban appeal

Post by Sanator » #442382

Byond account and character name: Byond: Sanator; Character Name: Rick Watson
Banning admin: Ivanissaccs
Ban type (What are you banned from?): jobbanned from most post-death roles
Ban reason and length: Banned from posibrain, drone, deathsquad, lavaland, sentience potion spawn - Was a hivemind host before dying and getting in a posibrain, was put in a mech and killed their target, posibrains don't remember their past life and or lives. 7 days
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2018-09-25 22:07:08 GMT+0
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Sybil
Your side of the story: "was put in a mech and killed their target, posibrains don't remember their past life and or lives." - Like it's said, I killed my target after forgetting my past life IC. I forgot that unlike MMI's, posibrained people don't remember their past lives.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I do think that I deserved a ban, but not as long as 7 days - I usually grab lavaland roles/drones after I die when I'm bored of spectating, and being unable to do that for 7 days is a bit too much. Roles like Golems, Ashwalkers, Plantpeople, Syndicate Scientist and Comms agent are also really good to learn some stuff without intruding with the other players, something that I don't think should be deprived from anyone.
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Re: [Ivanissaccs] Sanator - jobban appeal

Post by Nabski » #442387

The standard line on this is "ghost roles are a privilege, if you can not be trusted with them they will be taken away from you".

7 Days for this seems incredibly lenient.
Sanator

Post by Sanator » #442391

Nabski wrote:The standard line on this is "ghost roles are a privilege, if you can not be trusted with them they will be taken away from you".

I would consider getting jobbaned from posibrains for 7 days "incredibly lenient", not every ghost role

Edit: Also, "ghost roles are a privilege, if you can not be trusted with them they will be taken away from you" is not present at all in the Rules page.
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #442401

Sanator wrote:
Nabski wrote:The standard line on this is "ghost roles are a privilege, if you can not be trusted with them they will be taken away from you".

I would consider getting jobbaned from posibrains for 7 days "incredibly lenient", not every ghost role

Edit: Also, "ghost roles are a privilege, if you can not be trusted with them they will be taken away from you" is not present at all in the Rules page.
Punishments for specific things aren't on the rule page generally as things are case by case but Nabski is right that this is more or less admin policy and has been mentioned a lot in policy threads.
Ivan Issaccs
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Ivanissaccs

Post by Ivan Issaccs » #442416

I am not the banning admin.
You are looking for Borisvanmemes as the banning admin.
Boris
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Borisvanmemes

Post by Boris » #442418

Hi yes, i did this ban not ivan, also it isn't a permaban from ghost roles, it's just a weekban, so just wait it out man.
current admin that was formerly retired due to inactivity
Sanator

Post by Sanator » #442470

Ivan Issaccs wrote:I am not the banning admin.
You are looking for Borisvanmemes as the banning admin.
You're correct, since your nicknames are so alike I got confused