Extended+

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Extended+

Post by Lumbermancer » #442468

Simple. It's an extended mode, but after 40 minutes of playtime it starts giving people antags every 10 minutes. I would think like two people at once would be enough. Antag type distribution could be weighted, starting with simple tators, lings, maybe blood brothers and as the game goes on it could go for wizards, blobs and xenos.

40 minutes seems long, it could be adjusted, but 27 last extended rounds I counted (excluding Terry, cause Terry is special boy) lasted 89.44 minutes (repeating of course) on average. You could get rid of all the random events and admin buttons.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Re: Extended+

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #442488

Reminds me of when I was admin. Sometimes I would set the gamemode to secret extended, wait twenty minutes, and create traitors.
Lumbermancer wrote:You could get rid of all the random events and admin buttons.
You could remove events that make an antag however it would be easy to metagame, and be boring, if there were no random events at all.

Also if you told the admins 'you're useless if this roundtype shows up lol' then I hope you enjoy the idea of 90% of the admins picking the gamemodes they like or something. I doubt most, including me, want to go through 'this roundtype is extended yet i won't be able to do any events or do anything fun lol'

Despite admemes being known for shit events, good events/mini-events (that heavily affect or don't affect the round) can still happen.
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #442506

I'd like this, as long as normal extended stays into play anyway.
I play Boris Pepper.
Zarniwoop
Byond Username: Dagum

Post by Zarniwoop » #442515

Extended, but 30 minutes in the crew is informed that they're passing through an area in space where the veil between realities is thin. Magic items and other loot can be summoned through spells and rituals (think Lifeweb's rune thing, what is it, Thanati?