Vampire re"vamp" (sorry)

A place to record your ideas for the game.
L_Nacho_Chaos_L
Byond Username: L_Nacho_Chaos_L

Vampire re"vamp" (sorry)

Post by L_Nacho_Chaos_L » #442520

Vampires on TG are extremely underwhelming. They're not even antagonists, they're literally just a race with undead status and require blood to survive. This post is a suggestion to fix that.
The vampire
In the vampire gamemode (which should be part of secret), a few players get spawned in as vampires (more players = more vampires). Vampires are immune to oxygen damage and maybe toxin damage if that's not too OP. Vampires have a few basic abilities when they're spawned in.

Feed
If you're grabbing someone aggressively, allows you to bite them, draining them of blood over time. This DOES work on catatonics, you DO get blood from them, it WORKS on monkeys too, it WORKS on dead people, ANYTHING THAT HAS BLOOD COUNTS FOR THIS. Also YES, blood bags count, YES glasses of blood count, DRINKING BLOOD FROM A CONTAINER COUNTS AS FEEDING.

Regenerate
Heals some brute damage. It's basically a weaker fleshmend.

Glare
Stuns a player immediately, but displays a message and the stun doesn't last very long.

Toggle night vision
Toggles your night vision.

Vampires gain power as they drain blood. You lose blood over time, and your powers take blood to use. You gain powers PERMANENTLY when you reach the blood threshold. Here are powers that you gain from reaching blood thresholds (please suggest more, these aren't enough).

Mesmerize
Takes a short time to complete, but stuns your victim for a good while.

Enthrall
Takes longer than mesmerize, but turns a player into your thrall. They are forced to obey you, and they have LIMITED antag status. They are ONLY allowed to do antag things if you tell them to.

Create vampire
Turns a thrall into a new vampire. They ARE allowed to harm you because this isn't cult. However, vampires are not allowed to harm each other 4noraisins.
They MUST have a real reason.

Weaknesses
Vampires of course have some weaknesses. Holy water burns them like acid, bibles will always cause brain damage (never heal), and the holy weapon causes increased damage to them. They CAN drink the chaplain's blood, they CAN enter the chapel without bursting into flames, and they CAN walk into space without bursting into flames. They will go into a frenzy if they lose too much blood. In a frenzy, they become controlled by the AI and try to kill and feed on anything with blood they see.
Zarniwoop
Byond Username: Dagum

Re: Vampire re"vamp" (sorry)

Post by Zarniwoop » #442528

Instead of conversion, increase the number of roundstart vampires and make it so the only way to fuel their powers is with the blood of other vampires. They still need to consume blood to survive and can use human blood.
L_Nacho_Chaos_L

Post by L_Nacho_Chaos_L » #442540

Zarniwoop wrote:Instead of conversion, increase the number of roundstart vampires and make it so the only way to fuel their powers is with the blood of other vampires. They still need to consume blood to survive and can use human blood.
No. The conversion is a central thing. I'm tired of vampires that CAN'T turn anyone.
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #442548

L_Nacho_Chaos_L wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:Instead of conversion, increase the number of roundstart vampires and make it so the only way to fuel their powers is with the blood of other vampires. They still need to consume blood to survive and can use human blood.
No. The conversion is a central thing. I'm tired of vampires that CAN'T turn anyone.
then its a bad gamemode
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

L_Nacho_Chaos_L

Post by L_Nacho_Chaos_L » #442551

Nilons wrote:
L_Nacho_Chaos_L wrote:
then its a bad gamemode
I am trying to suggest something similar to Fulpstation's vampires, with the conversion and stuff. Also stop mindlessly hating antags that can convert people even if they're NOT team.
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #442638

I do not understand the hatred of conversion modes. Besides, conversion non-team antags seem cool to me!
bman
Github User
Byond Username: Basilman
Github Username: Militaires

Post by bman » #442640

everyone will throw themselves into the vampires for anteg stetus without team obligations like cult or cock cult
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #442678

Now that we have hypnosis we could use that in lieu of full conversion
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
L_Nacho_Chaos_L

Post by L_Nacho_Chaos_L » #442692

XDTM wrote:Now that we have hypnosis we could use that in lieu of full conversion
That's what every other server does and I hate it. I want vampires that can turn people.
L_Nacho_Chaos_L

Post by L_Nacho_Chaos_L » #442693

everyone will throw themselves into the vampires for anteg stetus without team obligations like cult or cock cult
But there are things against it.
1. If this gets added, it'll probably be against the rules to do that.
2. The vampire might just drink all your blood and leave you to die. Or they'll turn you into a thrall, but never a new vampire.
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #442711

L_Nacho_Chaos_L wrote:
2. The vampire might just drink all your blood and leave you to die. Or they'll turn you into a thrall, but never a new vampire.
The same applied to old shadowlings and people still wandered maint in the dark alone, "hunting" the shadowling
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
L_Nacho_Chaos_L

Post by L_Nacho_Chaos_L » #442729

XDTM wrote:
L_Nacho_Chaos_L wrote:
The same applied to old shadowlings and people still wandered maint in the dark alone, "hunting" the shadowling
Fulp managed to handle vampires that can turn people pretty well, who's to say we can't?
somerandomguy
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Post by somerandomguy » #442785

L_Nacho_Chaos_L wrote:
XDTM wrote:Now that we have hypnosis we could use that in lieu of full conversion
That's what every other server does and I hate it. I want vampires that can turn people.
This is a much different hypnosis
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #442818

Hippie vampires are really fun, you should port them. Theres a lot of cool stuff, bonuses for succing enough people and what not. Coders might dislike how it indirectly encourages murderbone but I really enjoyed playing as one there. Although, it was relatively easy for me to rise to the highest tier, so you might wanna balance blood requirements.

Also uh I’m pretty sure conversion was a thing there, but there was a heavy blood toll. It’d be kinda cool if once you reached a really, really high blood count you unlock the ability to either start turning people into vamps OR become a necromancer of sorts, resurrecting those you suck dry as weak ghouls. :wetfloorsign:
[this space reserved]
Kierany9
Byond Username: Kierany9

Post by Kierany9 » #442954

wesoda25 wrote:Hippie vampires are really fun, you should port them. Theres a lot of cool stuff, bonuses for succing enough people and what not. Coders might dislike how it indirectly encourages murderbone but I really enjoyed playing as one there. Although, it was relatively easy for me to rise to the highest tier, so you might wanna balance blood requirements.

Also uh I’m pretty sure conversion was a thing there, but there was a heavy blood toll. It’d be kinda cool if once you reached a really, really high blood count you unlock the ability to either start turning people into vamps OR become a necromancer of sorts, resurrecting those you suck dry as weak ghouls. :wetfloorsign:
Can confirm, Hippie vampires are pretty cool and work a lot like goon/vg vamps where their powers are unlocked once they hit a certain blood count. You don't technically need to kill people by draining them (but killing them, cloning them, and then draining the clone/hooking up the clone to an IV and draining it is never not funny as fuck) so murderbone shouldn't be a reason not to port them since Changeling is still a thing here. Vamps can also convert, but it costs an arm and a leg and is very much an endgame power, I had a pretty good vamp round where I unlocked every single power but didn't have enough clean blood to convert with because I'd spent so much escaping validhunters.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #442974

wesoda25 wrote:Hippie vampires are really fun, you should port them. Theres a lot of cool stuff, bonuses for succing enough people and what not. Coders might dislike how it indirectly encourages murderbone but I really enjoyed playing as one there. Although, it was relatively easy for me to rise to the highest tier, so you might wanna balance blood requirements.

Could make it work a bit like swarmers where you can turn a guy once you reach full power, but it reduces you back to starting power in the process so you gotta start over
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #443256

PKPenguin321 wrote:

Could make it work a bit like swarmers where you can turn a guy once you reach full power, but it reduces you back to starting power in the process so you gotta start over
Yeah that’d work.

Though how would we stop vampires from instantly killing one another? What would the policy be?
[this space reserved]
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #443280

wesoda25 wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:

Yeah that’d work.

Though how would we stop vampires from instantly killing one another? What would the policy be?
why would you turn a man before throwing him out of the station
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #443289

PKPenguin321 wrote:
wesoda25 wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:

Yeah that’d work.

why would you turn a man before throwing him out of the station
to get to the other side :^)
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #443291

PKPenguin321 wrote: why would you turn a man before throwing him out of the station
Thinking more along the lines of “salty player didn’t wanna be turned into a vampire” who turns around and kills the person who converted them.
[this space reserved]
L_Nacho_Chaos_L

Post by L_Nacho_Chaos_L » #444426

wesoda25 wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote: why would you turn a man before throwing him out of the station
Thinking more along the lines of “salty player didn’t wanna be turned into a vampire” who turns around and kills the person who converted them.
Why would someone ever NOT want to be an antag?
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #444507

L_Nacho_Chaos_L wrote:
wesoda25 wrote:
Sometimes, you just want to do your job, and explore new and interesting mechanics of that job without having Sec choke you with a stunbaton or have other players yell at you for being an antag and not doing anything with it.
L_Nacho_Chaos_L

Post by L_Nacho_Chaos_L » #444535

Gun Hog wrote:
L_Nacho_Chaos_L wrote:
wesoda25 wrote:
Sometimes, you just want to do your job, and explore new and interesting mechanics of that job without having Sec choke you with a stunbaton or have other players yell at you for being an antag and not doing anything with it.
Maybe it could be where you have to accept to be turned into a vampire, BUT you're not allowed to scream "(insert player) IS VAMP!!" over the radio because they tried to turn you. Or you could just die if you don't accept I guess, but that doesn't fix it. Or vampire could be a team antag but we don't need any more of those.
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #444817

Just make vampires inject 3 minutes worth of pax into someone’s bloodstream as they convert them.

During that time go collect some blood so that you have the advantage.

Vampires should be allowed to target one another, just turning around and murdering the person who turned you should have a code block (meaning you wanna become a vampire vampire hunter you can, but instantly killing them shouldn’t be allowed).

If you have enough blood to convert someone, I’m certain the station will know that they are a vampire, so screaming about it on comms would accomplish nothing.

Also at a certain level of blood, vampires should turn pale and their eyes red, not instantly the way it is on tg currently. That way there is lesser motivation to kill the vampire who converted you, as you can continue your job and maybe just take a monkeys blood to last the round.
[this space reserved]
L_Nacho_Chaos_L

Post by L_Nacho_Chaos_L » #444819

wesoda25 wrote:Just make vampires inject 3 minutes worth of pax into someone’s bloodstream as they convert them.

Vampires should be allowed to target one another, just turning around and murdering the person who turned you should have a code block (meaning you wanna become a vampire vampire hunter you can, but instantly killing them shouldn’t be allowed).

If you have enough blood to convert someone, I’m certain the station will know that they are a vampire, so screaming about it on comms would accomplish nothing.

Also at a certain level of blood, vampires should turn pale and their eyes red, not instantly the way it is on tg currently. That way there is lesser motivation to kill the vampire who converted you, as you can continue your job and maybe just take a monkeys blood to last the round.
Vampires are supposed to be stealthy. Causing permanent, obvious changes defeats the purpose of being a stealth antag. Also, there shouldn't be any incentive NOT to drink large amounts of blood, because VAMPIRES ARE SUPPOSED TO NEED BLOOD. +1 on the pax idea though.
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #444830

L_Nacho_Chaos_L wrote: Vampires are supposed to be stealthy. Causing permanent, obvious changes defeats the purpose of being a stealth antag. Also, there shouldn't be any incentive NOT to drink large amounts of blood, because VAMPIRES ARE SUPPOSED TO NEED BLOOD. +1 on the pax idea though.
I understand where you are coming from, but for the sake of fairness it should be a thing. Vampires can be stronger than lings at their full blood count, way stronger. Vampire players should have two options: stealthy, only suck 1-2 people during the round, try to survive but above all don't get notice. Or, they should go bat shit crazy in their bloodlust (hahah geitit ?). People of the station need some sort of hard tell on a vampire, since otherwise one who has a ton of blood is just a walking, unnoticeable tank, who can walk up to you and destroy you.

The average officer couldn't singlehandedly bring down a end game vampire, so giving the crew a hard tell is a must. (like literally they can be like wizards). They should turn pale well before reaching this stage however, so that there is still time to stun and gun before they become the jaunting, flapping menace they are.
[this space reserved]
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #444835

L_Nacho_Chaos_L wrote:
wesoda25 wrote:
Being antag is not all it's cracked up to be. After the thrill of being able to freely kill anyone wears off, being antag is really boring. Either you end up learning how to love the game because of RP, or you quit playing. A lot of people like just roleplaying as a crewmember on a space station, not trying to show off how good their 2d spessgame skills are and how efficiently they can dominate their "competition".
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
L_Nacho_Chaos_L

Post by L_Nacho_Chaos_L » #445338

wesoda25 wrote:
L_Nacho_Chaos_L wrote: Vampires are supposed to be stealthy. Causing permanent, obvious changes defeats the purpose of being a stealth antag. Also, there shouldn't be any incentive NOT to drink large amounts of blood, because VAMPIRES ARE SUPPOSED TO NEED BLOOD. +1 on the pax idea though.
I understand where you are coming from, but for the sake of fairness it should be a thing. Vampires can be stronger than lings at their full blood count, way stronger. Vampire players should have two options: stealthy, only suck 1-2 people during the round, try to survive but above all don't get notice. Or, they should go bat shit crazy in their bloodlust (hahah geitit ?). People of the station need some sort of hard tell on a vampire, since otherwise one who has a ton of blood is just a walking, unnoticeable tank, who can walk up to you and destroy you.

The average officer couldn't singlehandedly bring down a end game vampire, so giving the crew a hard tell is a must. (like literally they can be like wizards). They should turn pale well before reaching this stage however, so that there is still time to stun and gun before they become the jaunting, flapping menace they are.
First, "night creature that has a jaunt" is taken by shadowling nightmare. Vampires don't get a jaunt. Second, their powers would be based around being a stealth antag, not wizard-level. Third, honestly, a vampire that managed to get THAT much blood deserves it.
Last edited by L_Nacho_Chaos_L on Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
L_Nacho_Chaos_L

Post by L_Nacho_Chaos_L » #445339

Bawhoppennn wrote:
L_Nacho_Chaos_L wrote:
wesoda25 wrote:
Being antag is not all it's cracked up to be. After the thrill of being able to freely kill anyone wears off, being antag is really boring. Either you end up learning how to love the game because of RP, or you quit playing. A lot of people like just roleplaying as a crewmember on a space station, not trying to show off how good their 2d spessgame skills are and how efficiently they can dominate their "competition".
You do know that you can still RP as a crewmember 40-60% of the time as a stealth antag, right? That's what I always do, which proves it's possible.
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #445483

I dunno hippie vamps had jaunt (after a while) and I never bothered to read the OP.

Also it takes killing one sec officer to be able to suck half the station, hard tell a necessity.
[this space reserved]
L_Nacho_Chaos_L

Post by L_Nacho_Chaos_L » #446407

wesoda25 wrote:I dunno hippie vamps had jaunt (after a while) and I never bothered to read the OP.

Also it takes killing one sec officer to be able to suck half the station, hard tell a necessity.
Read my version, it doesn't get a jaunt and I didn't specify how much blood to get the powers. And also it's not finished and people were supposed to suggest more abilities.
delaron
Byond Username: Delaron

Post by delaron » #448258

Ok so I'll out myself as a vampire larper... couple ideas from the system Ive played in.

Disciplines are powered by blood and could be similar to techweb for vampire powers. Upgraded at each blood level power unlock

Auspex: meson eyes, thermal eyes, xray eyes
Potence: melee ensures bleeding, increased melee damage, break walls
Fortitude: increased armor, regen healing, immunity talisman effect
Celerity: increased movement speed, reduced melee cooldown, timestop
Dominiate: quick stun, temp brainwash, perm brainwash
Obfuscate: invisible if motionless, invisible if walking, invisible running (lose invisibility if you interact with objects or environments)
Protean: Bat form, mist form (jaunt), Claw arm
Dementation: inflict hallucinations, induce pax, aoe pax/hallucinations
-------
I'm not smart enough to meme.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #449080

do we actually have vampires?
delaron
Byond Username: Delaron

Post by delaron » #449233

oranges wrote:do we actually have vampires?
Yeah at least as an option to the magic mirror race change. Allows passive grab to drain blood and bat form.
-------
I'm not smart enough to meme.
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #449266

A game mode where 1/4 to 1/3rd of the crew were all neophyte vampires that had to feed on human crew to grow their powers up to a certain point before hunting other vamps and diablorizing each other to perma-death another vamp and add their power to their own would actually be kind of cool. Just, need to keep ship balanced so non vamp crew actually have something to do or a means to fight back reliably so making eye contact with a vampire isn't GG. Seriously get rid of their AoE stun, it's fucking retarded.
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.
L_Nacho_Chaos_L

Post by L_Nacho_Chaos_L » #449846

wesoda25 wrote:Just make vampires inject 3 minutes worth of pax into someone’s bloodstream as they convert them.

One monkey's blood won't last the round. Vampires would lose blood too quickly for that to work (maybe the same rate as Fulp vampires). Oh, and there's a blood cap (also like Fulp).
L_Nacho_Chaos_L

Post by L_Nacho_Chaos_L » #449848

Or.....

...BOTH