Byond account and character name: BestDogEver
Here is a link to the ban message that I have
https://imgur.com/a/LsTwyF8
Banning admin: Imsxz
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Permaban from all servers
Ban reason and length: Metacomms, permaban
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 09/17/2018, 19:49:08
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Sybil

Your side of the story: First off, I'd like to say sorry, I'm a 100% new player and missed the metacomming rule when I looked over the rules. I got a steam message from a player on steam, Baratheon, who suggested I play the game a while ago. He was asking if I was on the server, since he needed someone to take over Head of Security. Not knowing the rules, I invited him to my teamspeak server so I could understand what the hell Head of Security is, but before anything could be explained, the captain came and murdered me, while I desperately tried to explain the situation.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I really think I should be unbanned simply because the ban prevents me, a new player, from learning about this game that I was just trying to get into. I wasn't trying to hurt anyone's experience with what I did, and just wanted to keep the station running smoothly. I do understand the rule about metacomming now, but I don't see why this situation is one that means that I can't even play. I didn't ruin the game or station at all it seems, and just got jumped instantly by the captain and then the admins. Again, I DO get the rule, and I'm sorry for overlooking it when I read the rules a few weeks back. I'd like to start playing this game again, and the other servers don't have an atmosphere that I like nearly as much as this one's.
bestdogever

Re: [Imsxz] BestDogEver- metacomms permaban

Post by bestdogever » #443862

Also, the server was Bagil, not Sybil, was looking wistfully at the server lists and realized that..
imsxz
Byond Username: Imsxz

Post by imsxz » #443934

Heya, thanks for the appeal, and apologies for the late response. There's a big concern I have regarding this appeal. I recall in the adminhelps, you were being very evasive and trying to brig attention to the captains actions rather than your own, I need that explained, and can pull logs if needed. Again I'm sorry for getting to this so late, my next reply won't take nearly as long.

please subscribe to me on youtube
terranaut wrote:i saw this video before it was posted here
you too can be cool like me if you just subscribe to imsxz youtube channel :shades:
Arianya wrote:no, not the snails, shut up imsxz
Nervore wrote:I am going to will you out of existence, Imsxz.
One day, you will just cease to exist.
bestdogever

Post by bestdogever » #444141

Hey admin, thanks for the reply. I wasn't trying to be evasive, sorry if I came off like that. I just thought that the captain's action's were super heinous since he murdered me while I was begging him to stop and asking him why. Like I said, I'm a new player that skimmed the rules too quickly, so I was under the impression that you guys cared about that and that would warrant some punishment. And no worries I guess if that's not the case. But my state of mind was pretty much, "what am I doing?? what's HE doing?". So I hope that explains the "NO BUT HIM"
imsxz
Byond Username: Imsxz

Post by imsxz » #444170

After some thought, I'm willing to reduce the ban length to one week, as opposed to flat out removing it due to the severity of the event. I see you're a new player and can understand your reaction to the captains actions, please take some time to read over the rules when you get a chance. Thanks for the appeal and see you next week!

please subscribe to me on youtube
terranaut wrote:i saw this video before it was posted here
you too can be cool like me if you just subscribe to imsxz youtube channel :shades:
Arianya wrote:no, not the snails, shut up imsxz
Nervore wrote:I am going to will you out of existence, Imsxz.
One day, you will just cease to exist.