Kangtut - Jobbanned For Following A previous admin's ruling

Post by maskoff » #444486

Post Content:
Byond account and character name: Maskoff, Jake Northey
Admin:Kangtut
Time and Server(Bagil or Sybil) incident occurred:Bagil, 6:00 AM CST
ROUND ID HERE:95247
Detailed summary:
Alright. Yesterday, while playing a round on Bagil, I, as an assistant, decided to wall off the brig. Now, this is a shitty and toxic action to be sure, but it was just a funny prank that takes literally 10 seconds to remove. I was brigged, and given 7 minutes on the timer. A fitting punishment, I guess. However, the HOS came over and asked me why I was brigged. After informing him, he told me I should be lucky, because if he saw me do that he would throw me out an airlock. I told him something along the lines of " I'd like to see you try". He then lasered me to death. Naturally, I ahelped. I don't remember the admin's name, and was unable to figure out a way to find the logs between him and I, but he basically informed that security had the right to dunk greytides if they wanted. I told him I would go HOS then and kill greytides. He closed my ticket as being an IC issue, and I took that to mean that it's fine to kill greytiders.

Today, I played a round as detective.(Round ID 95247). At the beginning of the round, an assistant slipped me. I took out my gun and fired a warning shot at him. He slipped me again, and took my gun. REE. Later, I came at him with a baton, he slipped me again. I went and got a taser and finally beepsky got him. While I was about to brig him, his "friend" Rock Steel hacked into the brig and tried to help him out. I ran with him in cuffs into the firing range, where I killed him. It seems reasonable to me that if this admin told me you can kill an assistant for building a wall in front of sec, you can also do so for an assistant who stole your gun and assaulted you. Afterwards, Kangtut contacted me, asking me why I killed him.

I referred to the previous admin's ruling, which allows security to kill greytides. Kangtut was evasive in my questions, when I asked about the admin telling me this he told me I must be either lying or misinterpreting what he said. I asked him to dig out logs of the incident. He did not reply, and jobbanned me from security. I continued to try and question him on what the admin earlier had said, and if he could send me chat logs of the conversation. He ignored me. I tried ahelping him several times afterwards, to no avail.

Unfortunately, I have no chat logs about the incident. I do know that admins keep logs of Ahelps, so I'm sure you can find it and read what this admin, who's name I do not remember, told me about dunking greytides as security. I will also appeal my jobban, as there is no real reason to ban me when I am following what an admin said.

My Complaint: The only real reason I am complaining is not because I am banned. I am complaining because there is a massive contradiction in the interpretation of the rules from these two admins. One admin tells me killing greytiders is fine, another bans me for doing so. This obvious contradiction leads to my confusion at what the actual rules are. According to the rules, act like an antag, get treated like one should apply here. The assistant slipped me and stole my gun, which could easily kill me. It seems far more justified than putting up a wall in front of brig. According to rule 3 in the security policy, disarming or slipping security can be construed as an antagonistic action and lethal force could be used.

That being said, I wish to know which ruling was correct, and if this was justified. I would also like to say Kangtut didn't really do anything wrong, I just want to know why there is such a big disconnect between admins in terms of what security can and cant do.
subject217
Github User
Byond Username: Subject217
Github Username: subject217

Re: Kangtut - Jobbanned For Following A previous admin's ruling

Post by subject217 » #444488

Logs are available publicly at https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs

Ahelps are scrubbed from these but if you produce a round ID for the round you mention from yesterday or thereabouts we can look it up and pull the ahelp info from the raw logs.
maskoff
Byond Username: Maskoff

Post by maskoff » #444489

So it's okay to murder people as security. I don't see what I did as deserving a ban then, thank you for the support.
maskoff

Post by maskoff » #444490

subject217 wrote:Logs are available publicly at https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs

Ahelps are scrubbed from these but if you produce a round ID for the round you mention from yesterday or thereabouts we can look it up and pull the ahelp info from the raw logs.
None of these look recent.... the most recent one I see is Jan 2018
subject217
Github User
Byond Username: Subject217
Github Username: subject217

Post by subject217 » #444491

Open the data folder, more recent logs are in there.
maskoff

Post by maskoff » #444494

The round ID was 95214 with the incident with the HOS
somerandomguy
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Post by somerandomguy » #444515

Someone should take a closer look at his cid/ip (maybe run it through https://www.iplocation.net/proxy-check or similar), because his ckey looks an awful lot like this shitlord who's already evaded a lot https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 34&t=19793
maskoff

Post by maskoff » #444522

somerandomguy wrote:Someone should take a closer look at his cid/ip (maybe run it through https://www.iplocation.net/proxy-check or similar), because his ckey looks an awful lot like this shitlord who's already evaded a lot https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 34&t=19793

youre a fucking retard. Ive never ban evaded in my life. I used to use the ckey uristmcbigbeard before forgetting the password and switched to this one.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #444542

I'm gonna deny this complaint, both because its not actually a complaint against the administrator in question (by your own admission??) and because the discussion you're trying to incite is silly.

You got killed for blocking off security with walls as well as antagonizing sec (including making verbal death threats and bomb threats while in the brig) and when someone followed through you ahelped it and even failed to mention your other antagonising behaviour that might have lead to you being dunked. When the admin told you that it was valid you then resorted to "well I guess I'll play HoS next round and execute people :^)))" (paraphrasing) bad faith shit which frankly no admin would respond to.
He closed my ticket as being an IC issue, and I took that to mean that it's fine to kill greytiders.
I have no idea why you would take that in that particular way and frankly it just reads as bad faith.

Regarding Kang's conduct, from what I've seen it all looks correct. No administrator is going to take you at your word for having gotten behaviour cleared by an admin when you can't remember the admin or even the roundID (at the time) and it wouldn't be reasonable to expect that they would go scouring logs based on what little you provided.

The jobban to me looks appropriate for your history of difficulties with security position, and while it's no fault of Kang's, it really should have been accompanied by a server ban for unjustified killings, and quite frankly, one with a heavier sentence given your repeated history in this vein. As a result of this I'll be applying a 4 day server ban, and remind you that bans will escalate if you don't correct your behaviour in future. I'd invite you to reread both escalation policy and security policy (on the off chance your jobban gets removed in the future).

TL;DR: Denied, server ban for unjustified killings applied. Any other headmin may post.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg