Additional races we could add to replace catpeople

A place to record your ideas for the game.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Additional races we could add to replace catpeople

Post by wesoda25 » #445207

So I know the debate is currently raging about cat people, but in the chance they are removed, we should consider some nice replacement species.
prepare for wesodas famous subliminal messaging
Species we shouldnt add
IPCS
remove cats
What we SHOULD add
Vulps: so the dog people from citadel were a really conceptually sound, balanced idea. like it sounds ironic but they were really good. its not weird so thats something. (sorry not much to say about them)
remove cats
Bird people: VOX or whatever they are called, those awesome guys you (used to) see on oracle with the really long, complex names. It could be a really good addition to /tg/, I know several people who want bird people added too. Not to mention, it makes logical sense, I could see a bird species being more plausible than humans with ears, or nonsense like that.
remove cats
Goat People: If you've ever played Bee Station, you've probably seen the goat people there. I fell in love with the species the moment I started playing. Honestly, there are so many great goat players out there. Also their lore is fucking dope, not to mention they are balanced decently well (resistant to cold, semi resistant to heat, can only eat grass and need to be milked or they get a heavy mood debuff). I'd love to see them become a race on tg.
remove cats
Lemur Men: Bee Station is also home to lemur men, probably my favorite species ever. I mean they could use their tails in combat, could climb walls, it was so fucking fun to play as one. Course, if there was server lag you'd get fucked, because if you ran into something a lemur person you'd get stunned. Also, they were highly susceptible to flashes, kinda like moffs.
remove cats
Rat/Mice Woman: this is getting kinda long, gonna keep this brief. Most brazilian servers had these cool species, rat and mice. They were always valid to one another, and locked in an eternal war. I remember some rounds where they would set aside their differences and kill a common enemy, which was always fun to watch.
remove cats
These are just a few, I know of a lot more just can't think of them right now. Feel free to snoball or add your opinion.
remove cats
[this space reserved]
SaveVatznick
Byond Username: SaveVatznick

Re: Additional races we could add to replace catpeople

Post by SaveVatznick » #445208

SOCK PUPPET PEOPLE
- Can use the basic human model, they're retarded people who stick one sock-puppeted arm up through the neck of their shirt. They only have one arm and their shirtless sprite shows their head ducked underneath their shirt, and they talk with muffled words. Type of sock puppet can be customized in the character creator. You cannot aim for their head, but dismembering their left arm kills them. Gloves can be worn, but it blinds them. Don't need to eat. If the sock puppet is stolen, they take slow oxy damage until a new mask/puppet/face is found/ drawn on.

INSIDE OUT PEOPLE
- Literally people who function as if they're inside out. You can pickpocket organs off of them, but in order to take loot from their bodies that they've equipped (jumpsuits, backpacks, etc) you need to perform surgery to get it. Can stuff organs into their bodies to replace the ones they've lost or have redundant organs. They cannot avoid being infected by diseases, take double pressure damage, and can only take 80% of the damage a normal person would before they fall into critical condition. When they're critted, two of their organs become non-functional, but they can be resurrected by replacing damaged organs and defibrillating them.

SLUG PEOPLE (sleople)
Slow people who take up two tiles, as if they were carrying their bottom half behind themselves. Leaves behind a very short lived but slippery trail of goo as they move. Cannot pull people or things behind themselves. Take extra damage to salt, and moving over salt. When dead, they still block movement as normal. Can only eat rotten food / burnt messes / other trashy bad shitty food.

Long Arms People (Leaple)
Humans who have arms that are wayyyy toooo longgggg, like what the fucccck those arms are longer than your whole body whyyyyy...
They can only interact with objects in the environment from 2 tiles away, never something adjacent to them. They can reach over tables and crates and things you can climb over, but someone moving in front of your path will block your action (which means if they're screwing something into a wall, and someone runs in between them, it interrupts them. If someone stands between them and an object, they cannot pick it up). They can pull objects/people one tile from them as all other races do, and do not lose their grip on them - the objects become impassable, preventing people from pushing you back/knocking your pulled object away when you're moving down the hall because they wrap their arms around the object for STRONG GRIP. Takes extra suffocation damage, since their arms need a lot of blood in them to function properly.
Leora Fleebish is every bad part of me stuffed into a 32x32 sprite.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #445211

Add gun people so you can fucking shoot yourself like the degenerate you are
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
SpaceManiac
Byond Username: SpaceManiac
Github Username: SpaceManiac

Post by SpaceManiac » #445213

steal from star control or bust
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #445222

Making threads about cat people just makes people want them more
Spoiler:
but replace them with dullahans
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #445230

How about something that is no 'Earth Animal'people?
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #445235

Put in the effort to add an actually alien race that isnt just a human resprite or bust.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #445245

Motherfucking Crab People are waiting to be implemented.

Click here for Crab People -> https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 75#p376737
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
gum disease
Byond Username: GUM DISEASE

Post by gum disease » #445247

>need to be milked or they get a heavy mood debuff

quoi?
Image no aim, smooth brain, i'm a borg main.
Karp
Byond Username: Ambassador Magikarp

Post by Karp » #445262

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Put in the effort to add an actually alien race that isnt just a human resprite or bust.
That's actually pretty hard, think of a race that can function onboard a station that isn't just some giant pissed off worm that eats and murders people that isnt just humanoid tier. Plasmamen are creative but imho they still do toe that dangerous line, but their gimmicks are cool

If they lack appendages they're basically worthless and like a simple animal(slimes)

Neat downsides could be cool like the aliens slowly melting the presence of 30c heat or something like that while also setting lizards to suffer a small amount of damage if station temps are below 15-20c so there's a bit of conflict in their survivable temprature zone so said alien races would naturally have a reason to dislike eachother but it could get old

overall though there's a very good reason almost all scifi uses humans but x as their aliens if humans live/work alongside them and they're equals
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #445279

This is tg it should have all the classic tabletop rpg races like space elves, dwarves, goblins, etc.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Karp
Byond Username: Ambassador Magikarp

Post by Karp » #445281

Cobby wrote:This is tg it should have all the classic tabletop rpg races like space elves, dwarves, goblins, etc.

Fucked up how a goblet is a cup and not a tiny goblin.
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #445396

I was jokingly considering snakes at some point that would lack all dexterity and would only be able to do jobs like cargo which don't really need hands all that much. I'd totally do it if I was smart.
Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #445413

Cobby wrote:This is tg it should have all the classic tabletop rpg races like space elves, dwarves, goblins, etc.
I feel like I'm the only person who remembers Goofball making a space elf race where it was just the normal human sprite but with longer ears.

He also made dwarves.

Are we a community of That Guys and Goofball is the only good /tg/ person?
Nilons

Post by Nilons » #445414

An eldar-esque race would be cool
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #445417

This is not a server issue, move it to Coding Feedback. The codebase is in charge of adding new races.
imsxz
Byond Username: Imsxz

Post by imsxz » #445445

bird people, and they get a feature like Poly where they randomly blurt out phrases they've already heard spoken in the round and also have some special interaction with crackers.

Their lore is that Poly flew too close to SM and got mutated by radiation and then laid eggs or something, NT hired the children. This is good lore.

please subscribe to me on youtube
terranaut wrote:i saw this video before it was posted here
you too can be cool like me if you just subscribe to imsxz youtube channel :shades:
Arianya wrote:no, not the snails, shut up imsxz
Nervore wrote:I am going to will you out of existence, Imsxz.
One day, you will just cease to exist.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #445450

iamgoofball wrote:This is not a server issue, move it to Coding Feedback. The codebase is in charge of adding new races.
I agree, only I think it should be in Ideas since it's spitballing things that aren't actually implemented. Moving this thread
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
pubby
Github User
Byond Username: Pubby
Github Username: pubby

Post by pubby » #445458

SpaceManiac wrote:steal from star control or bust
shofixti
h
o
f
i
x
t
i
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #445478

PKPenguin321 wrote:
iamgoofball wrote:This is not a server issue, move it to Coding Feedback. The codebase is in charge of adding new races.
I agree, only I think it should be in Ideas since it's spitballing things that aren't actually implemented. Moving this thread
Config options motherfucker move it back.

Also imsxz you’re dumb as fuck lore for bird people is that one day the ce was down on their luck and went for it.
[this space reserved]
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #445502

wesoda25 wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:

Also imsxz you’re dumb as fuck lore for bird people is that one day the ce was down on their luck and went for it.
it's not actually a config option until it's been coded in in the first place
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #445505

wesoda25 wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:

A race has to exist in the code to be a config you fucking dip.
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #445524

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Put in the effort to add an actually alien race that isnt just a human resprite or bust.
► Show Spoiler
SaveVatznick

Post by SaveVatznick » #445537

A race of Annelid humanoids who have no teeth, and therefore can only gain nutrition from soups, condiments and liquids. Their limbs are easily dismembered by normal damage, but regenerate over 5 minutes, costing them nutrition and blood volume per limb regenerated, and limbs can be voluntarily detached. If they have no arms, they can ventcrawl slowly. Can move at normal speed while having legs detached. Be aware that jettisonning limbs does brute damage, meaning you can easily crit yourself if you push off more than 2 limbs.

Sympathoids - embodied parasitic presences.
A race of people that need to be within 5(can be tuned?) tiles of any other sentient being at all times., or else they begin to take HEAVY DAMAGE (Imagine being on fire in space) go into hiberation, becoming unable to move. They can hear whispers.
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #445572

aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
iksyp
Byond Username: Iksyp

Post by iksyp » #445599

Nilons

Post by Nilons » #445654

iksyp wrote:
Signature Memes

DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #445673

>no ipcs
y tho
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #445726

what if we added Lizards 2 (feat Justin Bieber)
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #445735

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:what if we added Lizards 2 (feat Justin Bieber)
no
NO

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #445772

Savevatz if you could please stop derailing my serious thread I’d appreciate it.

Look Goat People are honestly such a good race and you guys need to stop hating on them. I remember this one round a while back when me and the creator of ss13 were playing on beestation and then a goat person started fucking with us. I later found out it was notch but like at the time I found it fucking hilarious bc I thought it was some random person (im discord friends with him). Anyways he was running all over, his hooves clacking on the metal tiles, kicking us across the room. But then his mood slowed him down so we had to improve it.

They’d be such a great addition to tg.
[this space reserved]
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #445843

wesoda25 wrote:Savevatz if you could please stop derailing my serious thread I’d appreciate it.

Look Goat People are honestly such a good race and you guys need to stop hating on them. I remember this one round a while back when me and the creator of ss13 were playing on beestation and then a goat person started fucking with us. I later found out it was notch but like at the time I found it fucking hilarious bc I thought it was some random person (im discord friends with him). Anyways he was running all over, his hooves clacking on the metal tiles, kicking us across the room. But then his mood slowed him down so we had to improve it.

>goat people

dumping undertale folder in 3, 2, 1

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Qustinnus
Byond Username: Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » #445977

I still have a work in progress Zoltan inspired race which is a walking flashlight and changes color based on how damaged it is, also punches are burns.

it's not really mechanically OP but they look neat, ill check if i can find pics.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #445981

add opossums

instead of *wag they get *screm
ComradeNecron
Byond Username: ComradeNecron

Post by ComradeNecron » #446321

Still no crabpeople?
WarbossLincoln
Byond Username: WarbossLincoln

Post by WarbossLincoln » #446352

Goat People
[youtube]zYRdonk9ovU[/youtube]

Someone should definitely add Squats(space dwarves), Space Elves, and Space Orks. Even if they weren't player races there's a lot of opportunity for events.

An armed team of eco terrorist space elves board the station to destroy the engine because it pollutes space and shit.

Ghost role dwarves on lavaland that are trying to dig out a home and are immune to the ash storms.
--Crocodillo

Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #446358

Those are just people with various height handicaps.
L_Nacho_Chaos_L
Byond Username: L_Nacho_Chaos_L

Post by L_Nacho_Chaos_L » #446408

wesoda25 wrote:So I know the debate is currently raging about cat people, but in the chance they are removed, we should consider some nice replacement species.
prepare for wesodas famous subliminal messaging
Species we shouldnt add
IPCS
remove cats
What we SHOULD add
Vulps: so the dog people from citadel were a really conceptually sound, balanced idea. like it sounds ironic but they were really good. its not weird so thats something. (sorry not much to say about them)
remove cats
Bird people: VOX or whatever they are called, those awesome guys you (used to) see on oracle with the really long, complex names. It could be a really good addition to /tg/, I know several people who want bird people added too. Not to mention, it makes logical sense, I could see a bird species being more plausible than humans with ears, or nonsense like that.
remove cats
Goat People: If you've ever played Bee Station, you've probably seen the goat people there. I fell in love with the species the moment I started playing. Honestly, there are so many great goat players out there. Also their lore is fucking dope, not to mention they are balanced decently well (resistant to cold, semi resistant to heat, can only eat grass and need to be milked or they get a heavy mood debuff). I'd love to see them become a race on tg.
remove cats
Lemur Men: Bee Station is also home to lemur men, probably my favorite species ever. I mean they could use their tails in combat, could climb walls, it was so fucking fun to play as one. Course, if there was server lag you'd get fucked, because if you ran into something a lemur person you'd get stunned. Also, they were highly susceptible to flashes, kinda like moffs.
remove cats
Rat/Mice Woman: this is getting kinda long, gonna keep this brief. Most brazilian servers had these cool species, rat and mice. They were always valid to one another, and locked in an eternal war. I remember some rounds where they would set aside their differences and kill a common enemy, which was always fun to watch.
remove cats
These are just a few, I know of a lot more just can't think of them right now. Feel free to snoball or add your opinion.
remove cats
ADD VOX
Qustinnus
Byond Username: Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » #446534

https://streamable.com/ffxhh found my old race PR thing.
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #446546

L_Nacho_Chaos_L wrote:
ADD VOX
lol no their meta cliques are shit, names are shitty, and their personalities are shittier than lizard playes.
[this space reserved]
SaveVatznick

Post by SaveVatznick » #446564

wesoda25 wrote:Savevatz if you could please stop derailing my serious thread I’d appreciate it.

My ideas are serious.

I truly thing Long Arms, Sock Puppet, and Inside-out people would be beneficial to roleplay and gameplay, unlike your SILLY and FURRY ideas.
somerandomguy
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Post by somerandomguy » #446650

SaveVatznick wrote:

My ideas are serious.

I truly thing Long Arms, Sock Puppet, and Inside-out people would be beneficial to roleplay and gameplay, unlike your SILLY and FURRY ideas.
They'd be pretty good as traits, species wouldn't work well though
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #446652

foreheadians

basically every star trek alien simultaneously
Floiven
Byond Username: Brak7000

Post by Floiven » #446888

Screemonster wrote:foreheadians

basically every star trek alien simultaneously
someone add spoons so you can stick them on your head and become a cardassian
Alipheese
Byond Username: Daturix
Github Username: Daturix

Post by Alipheese » #446907

Add bee people for the fight of the flying overlords, flies vs bees.

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321 wrote:holy shit that engineering setup
that man deserves a medal
Anonmare wrote:Gee Engie, why does your mom let you have TWO singulos?
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Objective #1: They mocked you in life, a lesser janiborg they said. Now they shall know terror.
Objective #2: Hijack the shuttle to ensure no loyalist Nanotrasen crew escape alive and out of custody.
Cuboos wrote: > That god damn engineer who let the singularity loose was a traitor and the only reasonable person on that whole entire station.
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #447139

Honestly, do we need more races all that much? we got 3 character slots unless you're a byond member already.
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #447142

We need a really different race, not just weird looking human with special powers.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #447145

Lumbermancer wrote:We need a really different race, not just weird looking human with special powers.
that would mean altered psychology
imagine a race that's only given to roleplayers

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Qbmax32
Byond Username: Qbmax32
Github Username: qbmax32

Post by Qbmax32 » #447147

Latex doggirls
my admin feedback thread

quotes
Spoiler:
wesoda25 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:02 am Qbmax32 is quite literally one of the dumbest individuals I have ever had the misfortune of coming into contact with. He has zero redeemable traits, and honestly I have to suppress my gag reflex every time he shows up in a conversation.
Malkraz wrote:YES
DRINK THE PISS QB
angelstarri wrote:qbmax is a retard
imsxz wrote:mythic please stop you’ve hit rock bottom and you KEEP DIGGING
deedubya wrote:I'll defend to the death your right to scream "NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER" on a constant basis, but I'll also equally defend the right of people to call you a fuckin' pillock for doing it.
datorangebottle wrote:what, not having to act like customer service in a volunteer customer service position?

Here's a rebuttal: you're literally in a customer service slash celebrity position. Volunteer or not.
Malkraz wrote:can you stop posting this shit
Nalzul wrote:Fuck Blob (can you imagine how hot it would be to be gangbanged by a bunch of blobbernauts, the blob, and spores)
Wyzack wrote:qbmax your pathetic display of abhorrent burgercraft has brought shame onto the omnivores
Plapatin wrote:i AM the senate
BONERMASTER wrote:I am a big thinker, and it would only be logical if my character had a big head as well. And glasses. Because only people that think, wear glasses.
feem wrote:i tried to send canisters of urine to the station but ended up turning all oxygen into urine and breaking lavaland and also breathing
Anonmare wrote:Each post in this thread can't settle on what it wants to be, but yet, each one is more cursed than the last.
Beesting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.
Vile Beggar wrote:i don't like this thread
imsxz wrote:nervore
FantasticFwoosh wrote:I will whisper sweet nothings that will confuse and perhaps scare you a little, but enhance the experience no-less.
afelinidisfinetoo wrote:By the way, the person who posted that catgirl porn on the github page was me. If anyone wants my private stash just PM me
Nervere wrote:Anything for a femoid.....
Qbopper wrote:I'm a dumb poopy butthead
CitrusGender wrote:god i love it when people feed me my own fried legs
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #447153

Make a raceso good at insulting people (from now on called roasting) that they literally burn them when they roast someone
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?