Just Added a Religion Page

(Mainly the wiki)
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Just Added a Religion Page

Post by Farquaar » #445497

https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Religion

If anyone has any screenshots they think would be good for the page, post 'em here. If I have the time I might just add a screenshot for some of the more commonly seen/interesting religions.
► Show Spoiler
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Re: Just Added a Religion Page

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #445504

I will begin playing chaplain to get you screenshots brother.
Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #445513

Coconutwarrior97 wrote:I will begin playing chaplain to get you screenshots brother.
Awesome!

My idea is to get screenshots that show a little bit about each religion. A satanist might be standing over a rune with red glowsticks around. A Chaos worshipper might be wearing armor surrounded by gibs. A Christian priest might be giving a communion service etc. Lots of potential for fun round gimmicks!
► Show Spoiler
Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #445753

The name of your deity affects certain in game lines, such as those automatically spoken when performing an exorcism. The power of (deity) compels you!

Deity: the Big Gay Holy Book: Guys Gone Wild

This religion is unique in that selecting it starts you off completely and utterly retarded. While certainly a fun prospect to some, severe brain damage makes it difficult to find willing converts.
Are any of these actually real? I thought religions worked that if you wanted christianity/islam/a real religion then you would get a shit ton of brain damage. If it doesn't then that's cool. Also when the fuck do you ever say anything like an exorcism? I figure that's just a player.

Also are you sure those 'brain damage' religions are real either because those are some really specific names. I've never known a single person, other than you, who I honestly think would come up with the idea of 'Hella Jef: Expanded Edition' so I doubt that's in the code.
somerandomguy
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Post by somerandomguy » #445758

Ayy Lemoh wrote:
The name of your deity affects certain in game lines, such as those automatically spoken when performing an exorcism. The power of (deity) compels you!

This religion is unique in that selecting it starts you off completely and utterly retarded. While certainly a fun prospect to some, severe brain damage makes it difficult to find willing converts.
Are any of these actually real? I thought religions worked that if you wanted christianity/islam/a real religion then you would get a shit ton of brain damage. If it doesn't then that's cool. Also when the fuck do you ever say anything like an exorcism? I figure that's just a player.

Also are you sure those 'brain damage' religions are real either because those are some really specific names. I've never known a single person, other than you, who I honestly think would come up with the idea of 'Hella Jef: Expanded Edition' so I doubt that's in the code.
The brain damage religions are real and do give you brain damage, it's in the code
Christianity etc don't though
Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #445761

somerandomguy wrote:myth busters here
What about the exorcisms?
Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #445765

Ayy Lemoh wrote:

It's all in the code

Religion Names - https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/ ... haplain.dm

Exorcism: https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/ ... echnics.dm

Suicide by Holy Book: https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/ ... ge/book.dm

Granted, I've never seen the exorcism line happen first hand, but I decided to include it as an example of one of the few times one could theoretically one's deity name referenced in-game.
► Show Spoiler
somerandomguy
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Post by somerandomguy » #445767

Ayy Lemoh wrote:
somerandomguy wrote:myth busters here
What about the exorcisms?
Can't find anything about it in the code or the revenant page
Not in the revenant's attackby(), which handles nullrod attacking

Ok never mind its the holy water explosion
Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #448155

I added a screenshot to the page. It works for now, but I think that the formatting might get a bit weird as more get added.
I'm considering reformatting the religion list to be like a chart like https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Space_Law
Feel free to add your own 3x3 screenshots as they come
► Show Spoiler