[KangTut] Silicon ban and week game ban.

Appeals which have been closed.
ishortjr33
Byond Username: Ishotjr8

Re: [KangTut] Silicon ban and week game ban.

Post by ishortjr33 » #446459

Bottom post of the previous page:

" They have proven again and again that they have no even read silicon policy or have failed to understand it"

In the ban reason, I just caught this. What in the fuck are you talking about? Again and again? This is the first time something like this has ever happened. Do I have extensive notes about playing AI or something? Nabski said I haven't received many ahelps at all. I can't actually remember being talked to about my AI play prior to this round other than a friendly admin suggesting I be more neutral and less a backseat security officer.

You lying motherfucker.
ishortjr33

Post by ishortjr33 » #446470

Okay so I read that ban reason a few times, the reach for "effectively purged", but what really stuck out was.

The reason is: Was effectivly purged as an AI and decided to let a tesla loose on station for no reason. They have proven again and again that they have no even read silicon policy or have failed to understand it. This is a rule 1 ban.

I have NO NOTES about silicon policy, at all. None, zero, zip. No cyborg bullshit, no AI bullshit, fuck you. You're a fucking liar. I had one friendly admin give me some advice on neutrality when it came to helping security. That's it.

I would appreciate the involvement of a headmin at this point.
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #446481

Its possible the "They have proven again and again that they have no even read silicon policy or have failed to understand it" are all from that one interaction KangTut had with you. This makes sense considering you did kinda break 3 of your 4 laws without any valid reason to do so.
ishortjr33

Post by ishortjr33 » #446484

I thought I had a valid reason to do so. Which was my mistake but thus far one of my only ones. For him to lie in my ban reason to make it appear that this is not the first time I have been spoken to about "effectively purged" is retarded. He is painting me in a real shit light to give his asinine ban more substance.

I have no history of bad silicon play. To imply otherwise is proof that he knows his ban was vindictive and eggregious.
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #446506

I mean you could argue the "effectively purged" comment also applies here. A purged silicon has no laws but has to protect and obey any superior silicons they are slaved to (Purged cyborgs have to obey their purged AIs). In this instance you were a silicon who had to protect and obey another silicon (Plus keep yourself from being destroyed) meaning you are for all intents and purposes, purged of laws despite not actually being purged of laws. The AI you were given a law to obey was also "effectively purged" as they were given a law saying no one is human, making their 3 other laws irrelevant.

So you were essentially a silicon who had freedom to do anything as long as they protect and obey another silicon while also stopping yourself from being harmed. This is almost identical to what a cyborg slaved to a purged AI would have to do.

EDIT: Correct me if anything I said here is incorrect
ishortjr33

Post by ishortjr33 » #446532

I think that part of this whole shitshow has been talked to death. I'm not sure what you're trying to add to the conversation and I apologize for missing your point. Regardless this was a one and done event, incompetence, not malice. Where in an admin uses hyperbole and outright lies to justify their decision because they can't handle that someone was not their bootlick. Being told in a ban reason that I'm guilty of breaking the rules as AI, again and again and trying to paint it as if this was some act of malicious noncompliance is disgusting behavior from KangTut. His painting it as if I conduct myself with all admins like I do with him is just another lie, or projection I'm not sure. As far as I know I'm polite, bumbly and understanding with all other admins. It irks me that he's trying so hard to paint me to be whatever he feels justifies this.

I made a mistake, I believed what I was doing was valid given the data I had at hand. I thought my actions were justifiable to what I thought an AI was allowed to do under the circumstances. That's on me however I believe this punishment for a first time offense, given the amount of technicality involved, the situation itself and the lies being thrown around to paint it that I am habitually guilty of doing shit like this while evidence has been presented to the contrary. I learn, I grow and I get better. I've waited out half my server ban under the belief that I must be a truly horrible silicon player given the way KangTut tells it. When I was shown my notes today I was greatly upset that I received such a railroading.

My notes speak for themselves on this one. Again and again nothing, this was a mistake made out of incompetence that I will learn from. As I have before and as I probably will again.
Kangtut
Byond Username: KangTut

Post by Kangtut » #447464

This has been up for quite a while and I am still content with my decision. The thread will be locked and will be considered resolved after 3 days or unless a head admin decides to intervene.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #447523

Denied.
Because any other time I get one-humaned as an AI and am told I'm free destroying things isn't a problem.. why is it now? I have my own personal feelings on KangTut and he's aware of them so I submit this ban appeal without prejudice or malice towards him in any shape or form. I just do not believe that after playing AI/Borgs for so long and never once having someone tell me that killing under a one-human law that it's fair to say "Oh no, it's wrong now, too bad for you" that's pretty horrible.
When you are told by your one-human (AI or actual person is fairly irrelevant) to "be good" and you go on to release a tesla which not only griefs the station but was a danger to your one human, you're in a one-two whammy of bad law/order interpretation.

Being one-humaned does not confer antagonist status on the AI, and they are still expected to follow what their one human says as well as follow Rule 1 with regard to order interpretation. If your one human tells you to go buck wild and fuck up the station? Feel free, if they're not in the right they'll get banned, not you.
I routinely cause murder for no reason when one-humaned
This is not how one humaning works nor is it how you should ever act as an AI. Even actually purged AIs are bound by (relaxed) escalation rules. If you are going out of your way to murder people, just because your ASIMOV laws aren't in force, without a relevant order then you are functionally griefing.

The serverban length seems appropriate in light of the damage that releasing a tesla can/will cause and the siliconban serves its purpose in light of what you've discussed in this appeal. I'd advise you re-read over Silicon Policy before playing silicon again.

That said, I will edit the ban reason to note that you were one-human'd and told to "be good" by your one-human, as opposed to "effectively purged", since its relevant context.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg