Regarding felinids/catpeople

Users can post replies, but only game admins, mods, and forum admins may post topics. Mainly for questions and official discussions
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Post by Nilons » #446881

Bottom post of the previous page:

Kraso wrote:>tfw you can't find an argument solid enough that you have to rely on "its le admin who spawned meteors"

redditors truly are scum
only a redditor would think a bunch of ad hominem, 2 giant images, and "dont @ me" needs to be taken seriously
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

obscolene
Byond Username: Obscolene

Post by obscolene » #446883

Kraso wrote:>tfw you can't find an argument solid enough that you have to rely on "its le admin who spawned meteors"

redditors truly are scum
i think you skipped over this part:
captain sawrge wrote:fucking baby.
This is coming from the guy who had an autistic meltdown over catpeople being disabled and abused his admin powers to blow up the station, and got nothing but a slap on the wrist for it.
[center]sc#4622 | everybodygangstauntilnig.ga (UPDATED FREQUENTLY)[/center]
[03:46:59]EMOTE: The Dreamweaver/(Steve Leaf) : <b>Steve Leaf</b> starts jacking lizard dick. (129,128,2)
[03:47:33]SAY: Steve Leaf/The Dreamweaver : OH FUCK IM CHOAKING (129,128,2)
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #446890

it's the best bit
PS:expect another poll soonish, headadmins are opposed to a full removal and I'm oppossed to just configuring htem on one server, so we've come up with a range of options that we're just finishing deciding on.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #446892

obscolene wrote:
captain sawrge wrote:fucking baby.
This is coming from the guy who had an autistic meltdown over catpeople being disabled and abused his admin powers to blow up the station, and got nothing but a slap on the wrist for it.
point being?

This is of course assuming that ruining a single round of 50-70 players is comparable to removing something so that, regardless of round, you can no longer use it.

I wish people such as yourself could argue the creativity-hollow nature of catgirls instead of "heh meteor guy having an opinion". You'd do """"our side"""" much more of a service without creating such divisiveness, unless of course that's your intention.

t. person who thinks catgirls should be removed in favor of traditional table-top rpg races (space dwarves/elves/etc.)

No not tauren I only play humanoids
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Karp
Byond Username: Ambassador Magikarp

Post by Karp » #446894

obscolene wrote: This is coming from the guy who had an autistic meltdown over catpeople being disabled and abused his admin powers to blow up the station, and got nothing but a slap on the wrist for it.

In the last 2 months at least 10+ rounds have been ended due to admins meteor spamming until the station doesn't exist anymore

sawrge did one round and it was the only time he's even spawned meteors

if he did it for fun and without meaning he wouldn't have even been questioned

He explicitly said he did it because he disliked uncatalogued config changes that go against the wishes of the server(2 votes to keep cats in at that point with mso removing them from bagil and oranges pretending as if he had told mso to remove them)

If he got anything more than a slap on the wrist for ruining a round then everyone with powers right now would genuinely be deadminned or at least serving months-years of bans. This includes mso, the few maintainers with admin powers, and even a few trialmins

The ban was ceremonial and bad and was only used to appease redditors such as yourself who were bitching and moaning about their dreaded antagonist rolls and 30 minutes being flushed down the toilet

stupid feral inbred ape dog

learn to speak when you are spoken to
Last edited by Karp on Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nilons

Post by Nilons » #446895

Karp wrote: In the last 2 months at least 10+ rounds have been ended due to admins meteor spamming until the station doesn't exist anymore
Which admins and what was the headmins reasoning for not acting on it?
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

obscolene

Post by obscolene » #446896

Karp wrote:stupid feral inbred ape dog

ad-hominem, post disregarded
[03:46:59]EMOTE: The Dreamweaver/(Steve Leaf) : <b>Steve Leaf</b> starts jacking lizard dick. (129,128,2)
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #446897

Karp wrote:
obscolene wrote: This is coming from the guy who had an autistic meltdown over catpeople being disabled and abused his admin powers to blow up the station, and got nothing but a slap on the wrist for it.

In the last 2 months at least 10+ rounds have been ended due to admins meteor spamming until the station doesn't exist anymore

sawrge did one round and it was the only time he's even spawned meteors

if he did it for fun and without meaning he wouldn't have even been questioned

He explicitly said he did it because he disliked uncatalogued config changes that go against the wishes of the server(2 votes to keep cats in at that point with mso removing them from bagil and oranges pretending as if he had told mso to remove them)

If he got anything more than a slap on the wrist for ruining a round then everyone with powers right now would genuinely be deadminned or at least serving months-years of bans. This includes mso, the few maintainers with admin powers, and even a few trialmins

The ban was ceremonial and bad and was only used to appease redditors such as yourself who were bitching and moaning about their dreaded antagonist rolls and 30 minutes being flushed down the toilet

stupid feral inbred ape dog

it's the hypocrisy of calling someone else a baby, not that he did it, although he was rightfully told to jog on for doing so :roll:
Kraso
Byond Username: S0ldi3rKr4s0
Github Username: Kraseo

Post by Kraso » #446900

Karp wrote:If he got anything more than a slap on the wrist for ruining a round then everyone with powers right now would genuinely be deadminned or at least serving months-years of bans. This includes mso, the few maintainers with admin powers, and even a few trialmins
not to mention lzimann got off scott free for the rest of his term because the other two headmins were incredibly passive and just let him do what-fucking-ever
lmwevil
Byond Username: Lmwevil

Post by lmwevil » #446916

but.. but aren't both parties literally happy if we just segment where the catpeople can go? Like if 50% hate them, then 50% can play on the server without them, and 50% can stay on bagil and that other server that I think we have

like, what's the downside to this besides REEEEEEEEEE MUH CODEBASE HAS CATGIRLS?

t. plasmeme main
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #446918

lmwevil wrote:but.. but aren't both parties literally happy if we just segment where the catpeople can go? Like if 50% hate them, then 50% can play on the server without them, and 50% can stay on bagil and that other server that I think we have

like, what's the downside to this besides REEEEEEEEEE MUH CODEBASE HAS CATGIRLS?

t. plasmeme main
somebody likes something I don't like don't you see

this injustice will not stand
Snuffleupagus

Post by Snuffleupagus » #446920

Rustledjimm wrote:Last term we unified the configs and now it's been reverted.
reeeee

Also imagine causing this much drama over a few pixels.

I think my compromise is a good one. Catpeople get removed in return for goofballs martyrdom and he never touches /tg/ again. It's a good trade.
This. He’s cancer. He pulls code that has issues and then basically laughs at everyone. Instigates most of this shit. What’s sad is I know people that left this game who were long time Sybil players when cat people got removed. People intending to return when things in their life got less hectic.

Now they have no reason to return.

“But there’s always bagil.”

There are MASSIVE differences between playing on Bagil vs Sybil and vice versa. Further. I think the vote is rigged. An hour is too short. Think of how easy it is to just create an account or have burners that join a game and AFK for an hour. I see braindead/comatose people all the time. If FIVE people that voted no did that. You’d have a different outcome on the vote.
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #446921

Snuffleupagus wrote:Further. I think the vote is rigged. An hour is too short. Think of how easy it is to just create an account or have burners that join a game and AFK for an hour. I see braindead/comatose people all the time. If FIVE people that voted no did that. You’d have a different outcome on the vote.
the filter was set up to disregard accounts created after the poll though, they'd need to have advance knowledge that a poll was gonna be made and join the game accordingly before the deadline
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #446922

damn we'll miss them
Snuffleupagus

Post by Snuffleupagus » #446924

Screemonster wrote:
Snuffleupagus wrote:Further. I think the vote is rigged. An hour is too short. Think of how easy it is to just create an account or have burners that join a game and AFK for an hour. I see braindead/comatose people all the time. If FIVE people that voted no did that. You’d have a different outcome on the vote.
the filter was set up to disregard accounts created after the poll though, they'd need to have advance knowledge that a poll was gonna be made and join the game accordingly before the deadline
Look at the people stirring up drama over this. These are people that have been banned. Are known for shittery and could have easily had more accounts on the back burner. I’m not saying it’s decisive brigading. But it’s possible someone could see the vote. Perhaps a coder that has an agenda.

What were the numbers like for previous polls?
Snuffleupagus

Post by Snuffleupagus » #446927

oranges wrote:damn we'll miss them
And that’s a pretty shit mentality to have towards any decision you make that ALIENATES a group of people. It’s shit like this that kills communities and drives people away. Legitimately. Your job should be about adding things conducive to the environment. Not telling people GTFO.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #446929

rip /tg/ killed by catgirls
obscolene

Post by obscolene » #446930

Snuffleupagus wrote:Look at the people stirring up drama over this. These are people that have been banned. Are known for shittery and could have easily had more accounts on the back burner. I’m not saying it’s decisive brigading.
You mean.. like you?
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #446931

this thread is really gay and im not sure its worth moderating rather than just locking

make a hut thread to scream in
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #446950

Because new information has come to light, I've cleaned up this thread a touch and will be unlocking it.

The filter used to filter the results was pretty incorrect.

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 43#p446943 for more details.

the result will likely be the same, a new vote will be made.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Post by CitrusGender » #446954

I still remember when I added cat people back to sybil and nobody really cared. The two server solution will not hold and I've come to find out that the side that preserving the status quo often leads to the best results. It doesn't make sense to keep them on one server and not another since the "part of the community" that likes cat girls is not located on bagil, nor is the "part that dislikes catgirls" located on sybil. You're going to create an artificial divide and put a rift in the servers for no reason.

Perhaps it's just my personal opinion, but I don't think the overall hatred of catgirls is anything more than a backlash at the prominence of some figures in our community that really make them look bad. I think the "votes against catgirls" are not really so much votes against them in the game but more votes against the extremely in your face nature of some characters in this community.

I don't really see the big deal over a few pixels.
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #446967

like citrus said, catgirls are a smokescreen for "i do not like specific people"

it's moronic and honestly the people who rally the hardest against them, frankly, don't fucking play

like, sorry goof/etc., but "you don't play" is entirely a valid criticism - it'll fucking work against me if you use it and i'll be quiet, because people who do not play the game should hold no bearing over the game, OR the community, and that's the real kicker to me

off topic to cats, but relevant as a whole imo:
Spoiler:
a major reason i quit is because a variety of bad actors who do not/very rarely play the game hold an incredible amount of sway over how things are run around here, and when someone is fed up and tries to make a change, they're immediately shut down because ???

despite the fact that we all know exactly who i'm talking about, head admins (understandably) never want to deal with the drama - I'm not even advocating for permabanning people I don't like, I mean literally any kind of step between the equivalent of gently tapping someone on the wrist vs blacklisting forever

this is of course never going to change because for some reason it's been decided these people are integral to the community despite not being part of the community that matters (the players) and this leads to drama like fucking catgirls, where people use moronic arguments like "fetish content" and vague statements about players doing inappropriate shit in an attempt to get what they want

this is being handled extremely poorly yet again, the poll was a fucking joke yet again, and my faith in this second poll being discussed is zero anyways - can't wait for this shit to happen in a few months once goof/whoever comes out of their cave to complain and make a new PR with no warning or reason beyond the usual
also if you're shitting on sawrge for getting pissed off at something and mashing buttons and ruining a round like that equates to misleading people w/ a vote and removing a feature from the codebase ostensibly for good then i don't know what to say beyond that's a bad faith argument
Limey wrote:its too late.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #446978

why don't you just say my name, instead of pretending
Shezza
Byond Username: Wilchen

Post by Shezza » #446979

oranges wrote:it is utterly spineless to ignore this result and I will not do it
it only took you a few hours do to a 180

utterly spineless :D
Thanks for all the dopamine.

You (cough), you haven't won here. You and your mutie-bastard friends are gonna join me in a big ol' mushroom cloud sendoff. I just triggered the self-destruct. (Heh, heh; cough, cough,...) The work will go on. You didn't do nothing here, 'cept seal your own death warrants. Duty, (cough) honor... courage... Semper Fiiiii........
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #446981

Don't worry I'm not ignoring the result
somerandomguy
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Post by somerandomguy » #446988

MrStonedOne wrote:Because new information has come to light, I've cleaned up this thread a touch and will be unlocking it.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

In the hut:
>"well remove won so we have to full remove"
>"no compromise since remove is the majority"
>filter was wrong
>keep won

Place your bets now, how long will it be until people that argued that one vote is enough make a u-turn?
CitrusGender wrote:Perhaps it's just my personal opinion, but I don't think the overall hatred of catgirls is anything more than a backlash at the prominence of some figures in our community that really make them look bad. I think the "votes against catgirls" are not really so much votes against them in the game but more votes against the extremely in your face nature of some characters in this community.

This, catpeople in the game aren't actually fetishy at all, it's just that people post lewds on discord etc and people associate them with catpeople in the game.
It is still kind of a low-effort race, but the amount of hate is absurd.
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #447010

Fuck it, I'm not even going to argue about removal. I think that removing cats from sybil is an insultingly poor choice, but I can see why it was done. in the past cats weren't on sybil, and anyone who isn't very new probably remembers that. Why're we going back to the exact same situation as before if it was decided against earlier (by pro cat players)? Because they really don't give a shit about what's better in general. Bagil originally had cats added as some form of incentive to go to what was at the time basil, since it was always extreme lowpop. Now sybil is the less popular server. Logically it should be the one forced to have cats, right? Well, Arianya doesn't give a shit, because all they care about is that they can keep their cats and not make any changes to their preference whatsoever. They just want the server that they already hardly play on to take the hit so that they can relax as if nothing ever happened while trying to shut up complaints. This is insulting at best. I'm not even going to argue on their removal. I've always liked sybil, and I think I hate cats much more than most here. I still think that it's stupid that we go full fucking circle instead of making the logically superior choice because Arianya is too lazy to server hop.
Welp, enjoy the new copypasta I guess.
CreationPro
Byond Username: Solar Marine

Post by CreationPro » #447037

confused rock wrote:Fuck it, I'm not even going to argue about removal. I think that removing cats from sybil is an insultingly poor choice, but I can see why it was done. in the past cats weren't on sybil, and anyone who isn't very new probably remembers that. Why're we going back to the exact same situation as before if it was decided against earlier (by pro cat players)? Because they really don't give a shit about what's better in general. Bagil originally had cats added as some form of incentive to go to what was at the time basil, since it was always extreme lowpop. Now sybil is the less popular server. Logically it should be the one forced to have cats, right? Well, Arianya doesn't give a shit, because all they care about is that they can keep their cats and not make any changes to their preference whatsoever. They just want the server that they already hardly play on to take the hit so that they can relax as if nothing ever happened while trying to shut up complaints. This is insulting at best. I'm not even going to argue on their removal. I've always liked sybil, and I think I hate cats much more than most here. I still think that it's stupid that we go full fucking circle instead of making the logically superior choice because Arianya is too lazy to server hop.
Isn't Bagil more popular because it's on the hub?
terranaut wrote:Scared? My stand 「CLOWN WORLD」 and it's 「FUNNY COMPANY」will defeat your weak stand in moments.
Terry the Moth, Melody Jean the roboticist and S.O.L. the cyborg.
I will not change my avatar but if I did I'd have this good KVADRATNIY boy.
Spoiler:
IkeTG wrote:love is okay
CreationPro wrote: i love you
IkeTG wrote:love is no longer okay
Old quotes and stuff
Spoiler:
obscolene wrote:I super glued my PC case shut please don't ask why.
<Pretendo> well Ia ksed in banbus
<AurxSS13> IA KSED! IA KSED! THE BLACK TYPO WITH A THOUSAND ERRORS!

<scaredofshadows> I randomly take buttons away from people
<scaredofshadows> because I am now rogue
<hornygranny> host is rouge
<Ikarrus> blow the admins
trytryagain66 wrote: I accidently axed a guy said I was sorry to him, then he punched me so I axed his head off.
Hibbles wrote:Man, I love CP. I wish we had more CP on the server.
Antonkr wrote:<antonkr> tfw you will never lick hg|works delicious sexy mustache
<antonkr> ;_;
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #447047

Discussions over, the poll has been corrected.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #447053

I disagree. One way or the other, this is a major issue of contention irrespective of if one side got a few more votes than the other. Saying we should ignore the issue because the 'keep catpeople in' vote got a few more hits is just as bad as those stating the opposite.

One thing I do believe is that I've never seen such a controversial feature remain in game for as long as this has in the history of tgstation. Other highly controversial things have been significantly reworked or just removed yet catpeople have remained a continuous issue for two years running.
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #447054

and before catpeople, digitigrade legs were a horrible fetish feature that was bringing in the wrong sort of players
and before digitigrade legs, it was lizards that were a horrible fetish feature that was bringing in the wrong sort of players
I'm sure someone will add some other new feature at some point and that will become the new horrible fetish feature that's bringing in the wrong sort of players
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #447057

Lizards always had a pass due to them being in the game for an extremely long period of time. Catpeople are a more recent addition which has no real historical basis outside of the physical cat ears you could wear on your head if you got to an autodrobe, of which almost no one ever wore them to my recollection.

The argument that Catpeople are the 'hate of the month' holds no water, since in the two plus years since their addition they have remained a massively controversial concept with no other addition after the fact ever reaching an iota of controversy in comparison.

We've had Plasmapeople, Mothpeople, Flypeople, now we might be getting Zoltans. None of them have received the level of complaints and controversy as Catpeople are getting.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #447071

confused rock wrote:Fuck it, I'm not even going to argue about removal. I think that removing cats from sybil is an insultingly poor choice, but I can see why it was done. in the past cats weren't on sybil, and anyone who isn't very new probably remembers that. Why're we going back to the exact same situation as before if it was decided against earlier (by pro cat players)? Because they really don't give a shit about what's better in general. Bagil originally had cats added as some form of incentive to go to what was at the time basil, since it was always extreme lowpop. Now sybil is the less popular server. Logically it should be the one forced to have cats, right? Well, Arianya doesn't give a shit, because all they care about is that they can keep their cats and not make any changes to their preference whatsoever. They just want the server that they already hardly play on to take the hit so that they can relax as if nothing ever happened while trying to shut up complaints. This is insulting at best. I'm not even going to argue on their removal. I've always liked sybil, and I think I hate cats much more than most here. I still think that it's stupid that we go full fucking circle instead of making the logically superior choice because Arianya is too lazy to server hop.
I know I somewhat mislead people by my username but you do realize I do not and have never played a catperson/felinid (outside of specific instances like being purrbated during the summer ball IIRC) right?
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #447078

Steelpoint wrote:One thing I do believe is that I've never seen such a controversial feature remain in game for as long as this has in the history of tgstation. Other highly controversial things have been significantly reworked or just removed yet catpeople have remained a continuous issue for two years running.
accurate and in fact the only reason they have been untouched is wilful blindness to the issue from high echelons of the server.
Godzillan
Byond Username: Godzillan

Post by Godzillan » #447098

Terrible species and shit way to dodge the results of the poll asking to remove it.
Removing them on the less played, more RP server is a complete asspull which satisfies nobody.
The only compromise I'm willing to make for cats staying in the game as a playable species is to make them automatically valid to kill, like the one cat species that Hippie Station implemented.
[youtube]c4TvNTn8WFM[/youtube]
I joined security just to kill f*rries.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #447101

Don't forget to vote in the upcoming poll then.
duckay
Byond Username: Duckay

Post by duckay » #447110

This shit-flinging isn't going to resolve anything, but I'm going to put my two cents and say that removing catgirls from sybil was a good choice, we just wanted admins to stop complaining about the lack of catgirls, I've seen it and maybe it was a joke but I didn't find it funny. Half the playerbase and ONE player voted for them to be ridden of, and the 'few pixels' or 'not fetish material' arguments seem to tick me off more. We've all seen peppermint or something or other being lewded or some shit on admin free hut or on the splash screen, the 'few pixels' argument tells us that the cat ears and tails are so insignificant that it does not matter, so whats stopping us from removing the 'few pixels'?

But don't forget, the vote still won and the way I see it the one vote seems to made the headmins scramble for reasons for them to stay because it would come off as 'unfair' because of one vote, and accepting the vote would too come off as 'unfair' because of one vote, it's a conundrum only able to be dealt with through damage control, the only way this will be resolved is finally coming up with a decision and waiting for the hate by either side to wear off.

I respect the headmins for trying to keep the peace and keep the playerbase at a high but arguing about it at this level is a level of autism I can't handle.

Take my opinion with a grain of salt, because I've never fully fledged myself in a town hall before.
something
Qustinnus
Byond Username: Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » #447133

Screemonster wrote:and before catpeople, digitigrade legs were a horrible fetish feature that was bringing in the wrong sort of players
and before digitigrade legs, it was lizards that were a horrible fetish feature that was bringing in the wrong sort of players
I'm sure someone will add some other new feature at some point and that will become the new horrible fetish feature that's bringing in the wrong sort of players

I think both of these are fetish content except catpeople are just the worse offender.
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #447134

Arianya wrote:
I know I somewhat mislead people by my username but you do realize I do not and have never played a catperson/felinid (outside of specific instances like being purrbated during the summer ball IIRC) right?
fuck, well, check mate, i guess.
Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » #447137

somerandomguy wrote:
MrStonedOne wrote:Because new information has come to light, I've cleaned up this thread a touch and will be unlocking it.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

In the hut:
>filter was wrong
>keep won

Place your bets now, how long will it be until people that argued that one vote is enough make a u-turn?
CitrusGender wrote:Perhaps it's just my personal opinion, but I don't think the overall hatred of catgirls is anything more than a backlash at the prominence of some figures in our community that really make them look bad. I think the "votes against catgirls" are not really so much votes against them in the game but more votes against the extremely in your face nature of some characters in this community.

This, catpeople in the game aren't actually fetishy at all, it's just that people post lewds on discord etc and people associate them with catpeople in the game.
>people OOC are super autistic and post fetish porn about the feature constantly and all they do is fetishize said content

Haha yes not fetishy at all. If it's just a few pixels they can be removed easily.
somerandomguy
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Post by somerandomguy » #447144

Qustinnus wrote:
somerandomguy wrote:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

In the hut:
>filter was wrong
>keep won

>people OOC are super autistic and post fetish porn about the feature constantly and all they do is fetishize said content

Haha yes not fetishy at all. If it's just a few pixels they can be removed easily.
Keyword being OOC, my point was that it's not in the game itself - outside of the game they're 100% fetish content, but barely in the game if at all
Let me put it this way: other things are fetishized outside of the game, and they aren't removed
Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » #447148

somerandomguy wrote:
Qustinnus wrote:
somerandomguy wrote:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

In the hut:
>filter was wrong
>keep won

Keyword being OOC, my point was that it's not in the game itself - outside of the game they're 100% fetish content, but barely in the game if at all
Let me put it this way: other things are fetishized outside of the game, and they aren't removed
Catpeople draw in a shit audience and thus are shit. What other shit is being fetishized because most likely, I'd want to remove them too
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #447154

somerandomguy wrote: Let me put it this way: other things are fetishized outside of the game, and they aren't removed
okay so here is the flaw with this logic:

Outside the game, digitigrade legs/feet/whatever are pretty much only found on animals, therefore when applied in the context of a humanoid, is only for furries and fursona crap
therefore, it's not a mater of "it's fetishized outside the game", it IS a fetish. It's not being fetishized, that would imply it wasn't one to begin with originally.

This same logic applies to catpeople, and when we consider catpeople, we're talking humanoids with cat ears and a tail because we aren't talking about the 1985 box office hit Cat People. This is fetish content. If you go incognito on google and take your laptop to the local coffee shop, you'll get the same results as Average Joe would if you google image search "human with cat ears and tail". It's not being fetishized, it already IS a fetish.
Karp

Post by Karp » #447188

I'll vote against catpeople if lizards get removed as well though

i'm being completely serious lizard players are all shit slurping morons who think they're better than furries

I don't know if anyone else would swing but i despise lizard players that much
Karp

Post by Karp » #447190

CosmicScientist wrote:Jesus fecking christ. I hope in vain the poll is a landslide either way to make everyone shut up about it. This is supposed to be a community about a fun game. Unlocking the thread for anything but official posts was a mistake.
This community is full of the most deranged freakazoids

The only rational response you would ever get is to ignore the extended community if you get upset as it's not worth your own health or mental energy
Qbmax32
Byond Username: Qbmax32
Github Username: qbmax32

Post by Qbmax32 » #447191

I wanna fuck a catgirl
my admin feedback thread

quotes
Spoiler:
wesoda25 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:02 am Qbmax32 is quite literally one of the dumbest individuals I have ever had the misfortune of coming into contact with. He has zero redeemable traits, and honestly I have to suppress my gag reflex every time he shows up in a conversation.
Malkraz wrote:YES
DRINK THE PISS QB
angelstarri wrote:qbmax is a retard
imsxz wrote:mythic please stop you’ve hit rock bottom and you KEEP DIGGING
deedubya wrote:I'll defend to the death your right to scream "NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER" on a constant basis, but I'll also equally defend the right of people to call you a fuckin' pillock for doing it.
datorangebottle wrote:what, not having to act like customer service in a volunteer customer service position?

Here's a rebuttal: you're literally in a customer service slash celebrity position. Volunteer or not.
Malkraz wrote:can you stop posting this shit
Nalzul wrote:Fuck Blob (can you imagine how hot it would be to be gangbanged by a bunch of blobbernauts, the blob, and spores)
Wyzack wrote:qbmax your pathetic display of abhorrent burgercraft has brought shame onto the omnivores
Plapatin wrote:i AM the senate
BONERMASTER wrote:I am a big thinker, and it would only be logical if my character had a big head as well. And glasses. Because only people that think, wear glasses.
feem wrote:i tried to send canisters of urine to the station but ended up turning all oxygen into urine and breaking lavaland and also breathing
Anonmare wrote:Each post in this thread can't settle on what it wants to be, but yet, each one is more cursed than the last.
Beesting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.
Vile Beggar wrote:i don't like this thread
imsxz wrote:nervore
FantasticFwoosh wrote:I will whisper sweet nothings that will confuse and perhaps scare you a little, but enhance the experience no-less.
afelinidisfinetoo wrote:By the way, the person who posted that catgirl porn on the github page was me. If anyone wants my private stash just PM me
Nervere wrote:Anything for a femoid.....
Qbopper wrote:I'm a dumb poopy butthead
CitrusGender wrote:god i love it when people feed me my own fried legs
Nilons

Post by Nilons » #447192

Qbmax32 wrote:I wanna fuck a catgirl
Based and redpilled
Signature Memes

Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #447193

People trying to make rational posts are drowned out by the shitposters.
Karp

Post by Karp » #447197

Steelpoint wrote:People trying to make rational posts are drowned out by the shitposters.
Nobody is going to learn from eachother, I get that you're trying to make some rational middleground point but the only people actively posting on the forums have already made their mind up and are dead set on it.

Look at the cat poll threads from each year, the same people saying the same things. Some people on each side leave, some new people join

It's a foolhardy effort to attempt to use logic and trying to be rational when half the posts in this thread by both parties are low effort trash

no point in making an effort for a dialogue when no one wants one
Nilons

Post by Nilons » #447198

Karp wrote:
Steelpoint wrote:People trying to make rational posts are drowned out by the shitposters.
Nobody is going to learn from eachother, I get that you're trying to make some rational middleground point but the only people actively posting on the forums have already made their mind up and are dead set on it.

Look at the cat poll threads from each year, the same people saying the same things. Some people on each side leave, some new people join

It's a foolhardy effort to attempt to use logic and trying to be rational when half the posts in this thread by both parties are low effort trash

no point in making an effort for a dialogue when no one wants one
My stance has changed on catpeople several times. If you go into a dialogue determined that no one is going to listen you're just feeding drama for the sake of feeding drama. Yourself included.
Signature Memes

Gamarr
Byond Username: Gamarr

Post by Gamarr » #447201

iamgoofball wrote:I have my rights.
There is no such thing and the only rights you got is the ones they're allowing you to have, which is frankly too much. In effect the server is a ship, with a bunch of mechanics in the bowels of the ship all having a line to the captain, shouting like they got a union into his ear every so often and demanding the ship go a particular direction.
It's less about the cats and Powers That Be making decisions and making the server stick to it. This being jerked around constantly by the coderbase is bad for pretty much everything included. The polls don't matter and if they really do, they fucking shouldn't, because we've seen the result of humoring the stupidity does.
Last edited by Gamarr on Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.