Boxstation General Feedback

Mapping Ideas and Sprite Galleries
allura
Byond Username: Allura

Re: Boxstation General Feedback

Post by allura » #30244

Bottom post of the previous page:

sechud should not be given to the detective. his job isn't to arrest people, so he doesn't need a device to help him with it. if he wants to fucking "help security" or something then he can actually do his job and sleuth, not just roflmao i no ur kriminel
the detective isn't supposed to be a security officer with different clothes.
Reimoo
Byond Username: Reimoo

Post by Reimoo » #31324

How would a secHUD help the detective arrest people? It's a device used for easy identification.
Raven776
Byond Username: Raven776

Post by Raven776 » #31342

Behind the forensic scanner, it is the most informative device on the station.

Honestly, a detective should get a sechud, forensic scanner, medical scanner, and an analyzer in his starting kit. The analyzer might seem unimportant, but it's pretty useful actually.
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #31850

Fix this dark spot.
leibniz
Byond Username: Leibniz

Post by leibniz » #31853

Scott wrote:Fix this dark spot.
Take off your sunglasses, chief.
Founder and only member of the "Whitelist Nukeops" movement
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Post by Cipher3 » #31876

It's still pretty dark.
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #34462

A bunch of map related PRs have gone in recently, some mine some others.

Some of the more notable changes include the addition of a electric chair to Security, a wall mounted flasher at the brig entrance, slightly more streamlined Maintenance, a new layout for the Syndicate Nuke Ops homebase and other minor changes.

Busy time for mapping changes.
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #34500

One thing I request to see added to the map are more status screens for the MiniSat. The MiniSat's entry room (where the tube and teleporter are) could use an AI screen on 153, 50 (opposite side to the lobby turret control) and the back SMES room - 152, 34 (above the APC). Perhaps a holopad on 155,32 (below the SMES unit).

At least one visible screen (both types) around the station areas either where individual players spend a lot of time or high-traffic zones that are missing them.

Replacing the station alert console at 155, 30 with a turret would be amazing, as this weak point is too strongly favored at the moment.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #34700

After a few conversations, I'm going to be attempting to completely rework Boxstation's atmo piping to be more maintenance based rather than be spread out all over the station in a jumbled mess. I'll also take a gander at Gun Hog's suggestion.

There's no guarantee I'll finish the piping, and I have to wait for everyone else's map PR's to go through.
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #34701

Oh great yeah I got a ton right now but I'll try to get them merged and stop messing with the map
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #34991

So my design plan for the pipping is as follows. Most of the pipes will run through maintenance where possible, only leaving maint to cross to another maintenance section.

Each department will have only one area a pipe will enter from maint where possible. This does mean a single explosion can knock out a entire departments air supply, but in turn it makes it easier to track down where a broken pipe is.

For example, if only Chemistry's air supply is not working, but the rest of medical's is working, then you only have to look at a small section of pipes.

OR

I can follow a different system where the piping is kept in maint and instead of having a central pipe in every department, it directly connects each individual room to the maint pipeline. This means less pipping inside each department.

I'll see which one works better.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #35045

Wow I just made a post and the board ate it apparently.

All my PRs that involved map changes have gone through. Most of the changes I want for the map are minor things you can implement while updating the piping anyway, though I suggest you keep the PR for map changes exclusively to the piping and update the little things later.

One suggestion I have is either change the sec checkpoint to be like the HoP's office with a single windoor instead of two or remove the wardrobe locker. I have no problem with the sec checkpoint as it stands -- traitors using the recharger or people grabbing the flash is fine, but the wardrobe locker is the real problem here. Shitlords walking around in security clothing every round isn't a fun gameplay dynamic because they have to go through zero effort to get it. Maybe it to the sec office, as in outside of the equipment room, so traitos who want to disguise only have to get through one airlock if they want a security disguise. This is much better than just table climbing to get to the locker.

Also, some people like jackboots so you should put some in maint but I'm biased about muh fashion.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #35046

paprika wrote:Wow I just made a post and the board ate it apparently.

All my PRs that involved map changes have gone through. Most of the changes I want for the map are minor things you can implement while updating the piping anyway, though I suggest you keep the PR for map changes exclusively to the piping and update the little things later.

One suggestion I have is either change the sec checkpoint to be like the HoP's office with a single windoor instead of two or remove the wardrobe locker. I have no problem with the sec checkpoint as it stands -- traitors using the recharger or people grabbing the flash is fine, but the wardrobe locker is the real problem here. Shitlords walking around in security clothing every round isn't a fun gameplay dynamic because they have to go through zero effort to get it. Maybe it to the sec office, as in outside of the equipment room, so traitos who want to disguise only have to get through one airlock if they want a security disguise. This is much better than just table climbing to get to the locker.

Also, some people like jackboots so you should put some in maint but I'm biased about muh fashion.
I'll do both, there is little reason for the wardrobe to be in there and traitors wanting to recharge their weapons/steal a flash should put in a modicum of effort.

I might be tempted to toss a pair of boots around in maint somewhere, or just tell them to ask the Clown/Sec to give them a pair.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #35051

Oh, and my map pipe PR is up, its still a work in progress, hence the do not merge tag.

https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/5146

I wonder if there's a way to hide everything on the map barring pipes. Would make it easier to show what I'm doing.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #35239

Why is this default now?

tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #35250

wot da zog
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #35253

That's hilarious. I'll fix those in my piping PR.
Killerz104

Post by Killerz104 » #35773

The library still totally needs more windows.

Hibbles
Byond Username: HotelBravoLima

Post by Hibbles » #36261

One major request is pls don't streamline and whittle the map all the way back down to how it was a bit ago, particularly with maint, where it was squeeeezed down way too badly. I really liked the new additions to maint and hope most of it will be staying. IMO, if Box is going to remain the TG map, it should accommodate more pop, not be whittled down until it accommodates less yadda yadda.
RIP
QuartzCrystal
Byond Username: QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #36289

Hibbles wrote:One major request is pls don't streamline and whittle the map all the way back down to how it was a bit ago, particularly with maint, where it was squeeeezed down way too badly. I really liked the new additions to maint and hope most of it will be staying. IMO, if Box is going to remain the TG map, it should accommodate more pop, not be whittled down until it accommodates less yadda yadda.
This.

Also please don't "streamline" maint. It's not supposed to be streamlined. If someone wants to get to somewhere quickly, take the hallway.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #36293

Despite my sentiment I'm not planning personally on streamlining maintenance. I just had a pet peeve with the incinerator room. I could just use a grille instead of a door.
QuartzCrystal
Byond Username: QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #36294

Steelpoint wrote:Despite my sentiment I'm not planning personally on streamlining maintenance. I just had a pet peeve with the incinerator room. I could just use a grille instead of a door.
True.
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Post by Cipher3 » #36408

Add random glass/metal stacks in maint, or just more of those somewhere.
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #36583

Whoever put Virology into the station's scrubber system forgot to remove some extra bits.
Spoiler:
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #36585

Good point, I'll fix that once someone else's Atmo PR is merged.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #37102

The three tiles I circled are (icon_regular_floor = "warnplate") when they should be "warning"
I changed the middle one to "warning" manually to demonstrate how it should look when floor plates are put down.

Theres also more leftover atmos piping here, although now all the air tanks are invisible so that a probably different non map-related bug.
However I dont understand the reason for removing the extra air tank piping going into distro in this particular area but keeping it everywhere else on the map.

Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #37110

Also this disposal chute just kinda.. stops?

Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #37113

Just dumping everything into maint does sound more convenient.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #37116

Central Primary Hallway vent pump #3 also defaults to 140 pressure with no external or internal checks which has been causing some confusion the last few days.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #37129

I almost feel like the half-finished state of atmospherics has lead to me being able to do my job more effectively as an atmos tech and feel more appreciated when people start complaining about the pressure of the air in the hallways and stuff.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #37163

Problem is it leads to a manhunt because someone always thinks the atmos is trying to kill everybody because a !WARNING PRESSURE! icon pops up.

I made an admin announcement a round or two ago about it so hopefully people will spread that knowledge around.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #37346

Before anyone asks, no it is not my fault, I doe checked the piping in my PR. These effects are a result of another persons piping changes in progress.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #37348

I just figured the box station thread would be a good place to let someone know about it.
Mindustry
Byond Username: Mindustry

Post by Mindustry » #37772

Miners can get stuck here, only way out is through the window.

I suggest moving the mech recharger outside the door, and placing a second one outside the Xeno-side exit. Like how it is on every other outpost. The mechs don't need the atmosphere anyways.

TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #37783

fire door seems to be above the shutter on the gateway

Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #38233

I suggest giving all Head of Staff offices an identification console. It is possible for heads other than the HoP to alter a person's access within their department. To support this addition, also give each office a table + reinforced windoor. This would be useful even without the ID console. The heads can also use the tables for swapping items and stamping papers. Also, since most officers have privacy doors, each head will now have the fun chance to crush irate assistants that try to break in via the table!

I did not even know that heads other than the Captain and HoP could modify access until I was informed in game by a librarian! This may also provide antagonists more opportunities to steal access (perhaps by killing the department's head and using his ID).
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #38387

This vent isn't connected to anything.
Seriously who touched all the pipes last?

Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #38392

Saegrimr wrote:This vent isn't connected to anything.
Seriously who touched all the pipes last?

-imagesnip-
I touched the pipes last, at least the layout.

I took a gander in the map viewer and this is what I saw.
Spoiler:

I simply missed it. I'll fix it later on.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #38394

Oh wow, yeah i'd miss that one too. Good job map viewer.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #38403

steelpoint stop putting pipes through walls dammit, make 2-wide maint or go home
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #38412

I keep saying to port over /vg/'s handheld Rapid Pipe Dispenser. You can just plant pipes straight on top of walls with it.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #38413

I would love a special pipe that has both Air and Scrubber pipes on the same tile. It would make things much easier.
Perakp
Byond Username: Perakp

Post by Perakp » #38852

Phalanx300
Byond Username: Phalanx300

Post by Phalanx300 » #38875

Why was Prison Transfer Centre changed? It used to look really good.
Random Players
Byond Username: Random Players

Post by Random Players » #40801

Would it be possible to switch out all the red cables for another color, such as the yellow of metastation and just use red for 'internal' power networks, like Gravity, AI, Singularity to Smes and Solars to Smes?

If it's just a time consuming task due to no 'replace this with this' function (Couldn't find one in dream maker at least) I would be willing to do it if I can be sure the map will be updated with it. And presumably, someone helps me make sure I don't mess up the github update (Might be simplest to just hand off to someone more experienced)

The reason is simple: Red Cables blend in too well on the scrubber pipes.
allura
Byond Username: Allura

Post by allura » #44726

attention: boxstation's windows are probably all being turned into full tile ones. prepare to hate everything
whodaloo
Byond Username: Whodaloo

Post by whodaloo » #44768

allura wrote:attention: boxstation's windows are probably all being turned into full tile ones. prepare to hate everything
shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit
i love public logs
Spoiler:
SAY: Kolt Saudwell/RedMcCloud : Beacuse
SAY: Kolt Saudwell/RedMcCloud : ((im banned))

SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : Hos
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : Can i bang you]
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : ]plras
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : R; I WROTE THIS SOMG FOR YOU HOS

SAY: Bryce Pax/IcePacks : I THINK I WAS A LITTLE HASTY IN GIVING THE CREW ACCESS TO THE ARMORY

Lusty Xenomorph Maid begins to clean the telescopic baton with the soap...

[Common] Garrett Larson says, "How do i shot pod"

OOC: Zoey Webb/Firecage : WHodaloo, why are you so fucking aggressive against me
OOC: Engineer Donkin/Whodaloo : i have no idea what you're talking about chief
OOC: Zoey Webb/Firecage : Cuck sucking dick wanking piece of cock shit head
Intigracy
Confined to the shed

Post by Intigracy » #44773

Last edited by Intigracy on Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jordie0608
Site Admin
Byond Username: Jordie0608
Github Username: Jordie0608

Post by Jordie0608 » #44900

Intigracy wrote:
Random Players wrote:-snip-
You'd have to manually replace all the wires by hand since every direction is still the same path.
There is a replace function, done by selection the whole map and then right click > find/replace in selection, but it doesn't work for wires because of the path issue, it makes them all half wires.

I'll see what I can do when there's not a map edit up that edits a majority of the map (paprika's side tiles becoming full tiles PR would conflict if I did it right now).
It'd be very easy to do with notepad++'s replace function, just change the path names.
Forum Admin
Send me a PM if you have any issues, concerns or praise of fishfood to express about the forums.
Intigracy
Confined to the shed

Post by Intigracy » #45862

Last edited by Intigracy on Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spacezenegger

Post by Spacezenegger » #46072

Could we make it so the fire alarm lights(?) don't appear on the exterior of whatever department/area they're covering. That way you wouldn't automatically know you have to avoid a certain area unless someone on the station told you to. For example, the outside of Science where the main hallway is. You wouldn't be able to know if that area is dangerous or not until you check yourself, you wouldn't see big flashing red lights until you entered the area.