Rimworld

Talk about video games here
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Re: Rimworld

Post by Takeguru » #301252

Bottom post of the previous page:

I am absolutely shitfucked that you still can't reclaim bionics from dead people

They should be even easier to recover from the dead than normal organs, they aren't gonna rot
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #301339

+1 on the organ harvesting bit. Especially later on in the game when you can procure Joywires to negate the mood debuff.
capi duffman
Byond Username: Capi duffman

Post by capi duffman » #301347

Honestly the organ market should be rebalanced. They're expensive as fuck, so it's always worth your trouble harvesting... but that doesn't make a lot of sense.

The worth of human organs is higher than it should, when you consider how little effort it takes to grab someone and harvesting them, and for some reason, instead of decaying in hours flat, they behave like non organic material (just don't left them unroofed)
Sure, hearts should only be available in live victims, but the rest, as long as they remained undamaged should be ok as long as the corpse is still warm.

Also, I decided to make a psycho redneck community for kicks, cannibal, psychopaths and two of them brother and sister and married, I expect both long pork and all kinds of drug to flow like spice.
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #301353

I disagree. The mood debuff is enough to make your colony fall apart if you don't manage it extremely carefully. Organs themselves in the real world are valuable as fuck, so the high cost in-game makes sense.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #301544

In the real world you don't have a steady stream of random fucks attacking you for you to capture and harvest for spare parts.
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #301565

Point is, organ harvesting in Rimworld comes at the cost of your colonists having mental breakdowns and killing each other. Plus, the more organs you try to harvest from someone the greater the chance of failure.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #301585

Someone mod rim world to allow for carcass organ harvesting
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #301590

Made a tribal colony and it's much easier than the crash land.

Although I had some problems with storage and cooking. How can I make my chef grab food from my freezer and not the freshly harvested stuff?
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #301595

You can add a max range to bills so you can force him to draw from the stockpile 10 tiles away instead of going across the map
D&B

Post by D&B » #301601

Oh shit how do I do that
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
capi duffman
Byond Username: Capi duffman

Post by capi duffman » #301928

So I had this testament to unrobustness called Eita, who wouldn't firefight while being a pyromaniac, who would always tantrum and pig on food or go on a burning spree.

The last straw was seeing him being taken out by a SQUIRREL. The squirrel was breakfast, he was dinner.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #301959

I'm on a genocidal crusade against pyromaniacs.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #301962

Send them on one man suicide raids on your enemies, or exile caravans across the map with no food
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
D&B

Post by D&B » #302421

>Item stash with doomsday launcher, Sniper Rifle and all that good shit
>Send my best two shooters
>They had a mortar launcher, 7 turrets, one shotgun armed peep and one with shield belt and normal steel longsword
>Make my two shooters dodge mortar launcher while they seek cover
>shitshitshitshit
>Suddenly
>Solar Flare event kicks in
>Laugh as I shoot the mortar to death and it explodes taking out the shotgun fella
>Make one of the shooters run away while the other one loots the sniper rifle
>After their shield is popped his head gets blown off

!!FUN!!
Spoiler:
fuck you
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #302992

Armhulen wrote:Someone mod rim world to allow for carcass organ harvesting
Close Also handy.
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.
Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #412640

Someone made a Lizardman mod, you can now kill the dirty tribal lizards, eat their corpses and make their skins into your hats. Or be a filthy lizard and raid hoomuns.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #412643

did you mean: be a reptilian master race and enlighten the savages?
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #412647

DemonFiren wrote:did you mean: be a reptilian master race and enlighten the savages?
That's a funny way of spelling T. Rex Kibble.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #412649

t-rexes are overrated as hell tbh
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #412671

Capture a lizardman and make them join you, turn their skins into masterful and expensive hats after you've finished using them as a bullet sponge, they have low intelligence so you can probably dazzle them easily.

Spoiler:
Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #414110

Do you honkthe night?
iksyp
Byond Username: Iksyp

Post by iksyp » #448971

does anyone even still play this other than me
also defensive tips for the earlygame where i can't build a walk in holocaust oven plz
Xeroxemnas
Byond Username: Xeroxemnas

Post by Xeroxemnas » #448988

iksyp wrote:does anyone even still play this other than me
also defensive tips for the earlygame where i can't build a walk in holocaust oven plz
Have a skilled marksman use a bolt action rifle, he can basically solo all the cunts.
iksyp

Post by iksyp » #448991

Xeroxemnas wrote:
Have a skilled marksman use a bolt action rifle, he can basically solo all the cunts.
i do this but my issue is once they start their attack, if they have melee units that can close the gap all of my pawns are going to be wounded
Xeroxemnas
Byond Username: Xeroxemnas

Post by Xeroxemnas » #448996

Can you build turrets? If so they are an excellent stand-in until you can get more personnel.

I'm a savescumming faggot so don't take my advice lmao.
Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #449003

Certain mods at a lot of early, cheap defenses that are good against ungas.

Beyond that depends on your base layout, get lots of fall traps and a long corridor with sandbags or some other shield you can shoot over and have your marksman pick them off. Otherwise the old wood floor maze + molotov does wonders.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #449005

Layout is everything. Earlygame, you'll want chokepoints and a dark room to shoot out of. A target in darkness has reduced accuracy to hit them.

Like, build a pillbox room and take out the walls (make sure to leave the corners standing) facing towards the chokepoints and put sandbags in their place if you're playing vanilla or whatever. Add deadfall traps around the outside of the sandbag perimeter as well to screw over meleefags
Mickyan
Github User
Byond Username: Mickyan
Github Username: Mickyan

Post by Mickyan » #449018

Anonmare wrote:A target in darkness has reduced accuracy to hit them.
This got changed like two years ago
ImageI play on Manuel as Swanni, the brain-damaged moth.
Be nice to each other.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #449093

i like to go for a mountainous area by the river. i find a place where the mountain meets the river and then use that mountain as a big fuckin wall. i wall up all the holes in it and have raiders push in through the river. the water slows em down and you can take shots at them.

alternatively try this mod: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =722085442
it gives embrasures (walls that cant be passed through but can be shot through, from both sides). these are really good against melee units like animals or tribals, but i still like them since they give a viable alternative to killboxes and since pirates/mechanoids can still shoot through them from the other side there's still risk involved in using them.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #449102

Great game when using a bunch of mods (not that it's bad vanilla though). Some of them are kinda OP, like tilled soil (free 200% fertility), but then you can drag the balance down again by adding mods that add more dangerous raids/events.
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #449234

I have been playing with so many mods for so long i actually have nothing of value to suggest for a vanilla player other than reevaluate why you are holding yourself back from the limitless potential of this game.

Particularily like anything that adds more aesthetic fortifications like trenches and embrasures, as well as manned turrets. Recently played with the Warhammer 40k overhaul as an outpost of imperial guardsmen, ended up running a tau labor camp in order to source minerals to create our wargear. Got bored and made a run for the landed ship since it was in a desert relatively close rather than polar ice caps a billion years away. Got stuck in, fought off waves of eldar and tau with the odd mechanoid wave in there until the ship was ready to launch and then escaped. Good fun. Probably going to try a Medieval times mod run with no outlanders pirates or mechanoids
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #449263

I'm giving the dust another few weeks to settle before I hop back in and see which mods are still functional and which ones are dead (such as our very own SS13 mod that hasn't been updated since B16), last I played I was having a blast with the dinosaur mod + animal prosthetics + saddle up mod that let my primary combat squad of my merc faction run around on raptors and trikes like it was some Ark:SE RTS. Then got wiped out by a 50~ man Orion raid full of power armor, mortars and so many damn explosions.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #449574

I might be imagining things but I think I saw the SS13 mod in the list of junk updated to 1.0 while i was perusing the workshop. There is at least 200 new updated 1.0 mods every time I check. I can't really consider the game complete until Combat Extended gets updated which probably wont be for half a fucking year, but once it is we can finally rejoice that we will never have to wait a year for that shit ever again.
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Qbmax32
Byond Username: Qbmax32
Github Username: qbmax32

Post by Qbmax32 » #449577

Wyzack wrote:I have been playing with so many mods for so long i actually have nothing of value to suggest for a vanilla player other than reevaluate why you are holding yourself back from the limitless potential of this game.

Particularily like anything that adds more aesthetic fortifications like trenches and embrasures, as well as manned turrets. Recently played with the Warhammer 40k overhaul as an outpost of imperial guardsmen, ended up running a tau labor camp in order to source minerals to create our wargear. Got bored and made a run for the landed ship since it was in a desert relatively close rather than polar ice caps a billion years away. Got stuck in, fought off waves of eldar and tau with the odd mechanoid wave in there until the ship was ready to launch and then escaped. Good fun. Probably going to try a Medieval times mod run with no outlanders pirates or mechanoids

hmu with your modlist
my admin feedback thread

quotes
Spoiler:
wesoda25 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:02 am Qbmax32 is quite literally one of the dumbest individuals I have ever had the misfortune of coming into contact with. He has zero redeemable traits, and honestly I have to suppress my gag reflex every time he shows up in a conversation.
Malkraz wrote:YES
DRINK THE PISS QB
angelstarri wrote:qbmax is a retard
imsxz wrote:mythic please stop you’ve hit rock bottom and you KEEP DIGGING
deedubya wrote:I'll defend to the death your right to scream "NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER" on a constant basis, but I'll also equally defend the right of people to call you a fuckin' pillock for doing it.
datorangebottle wrote:what, not having to act like customer service in a volunteer customer service position?

Here's a rebuttal: you're literally in a customer service slash celebrity position. Volunteer or not.
Malkraz wrote:can you stop posting this shit
Nalzul wrote:Fuck Blob (can you imagine how hot it would be to be gangbanged by a bunch of blobbernauts, the blob, and spores)
Wyzack wrote:qbmax your pathetic display of abhorrent burgercraft has brought shame onto the omnivores
Plapatin wrote:i AM the senate
BONERMASTER wrote:I am a big thinker, and it would only be logical if my character had a big head as well. And glasses. Because only people that think, wear glasses.
feem wrote:i tried to send canisters of urine to the station but ended up turning all oxygen into urine and breaking lavaland and also breathing
Anonmare wrote:Each post in this thread can't settle on what it wants to be, but yet, each one is more cursed than the last.
Beesting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.
Vile Beggar wrote:i don't like this thread
imsxz wrote:nervore
FantasticFwoosh wrote:I will whisper sweet nothings that will confuse and perhaps scare you a little, but enhance the experience no-less.
afelinidisfinetoo wrote:By the way, the person who posted that catgirl porn on the github page was me. If anyone wants my private stash just PM me
Nervere wrote:Anything for a femoid.....
Qbopper wrote:I'm a dumb poopy butthead
CitrusGender wrote:god i love it when people feed me my own fried legs
iksyp

Post by iksyp » #449591

>new tribe
>modded my game to make it better
>wtf why do all these raiders have guns, why are there 4 of them
>check colony wealth
>25k
well time to look thru my modlist to see which one is skyrocketing my wealth
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #449662

iksyp wrote:>new tribe
>check colony wealth
>25k
>get the "harvest organs post-mortem" mod
>thinking that it'll just give one or two organs on a successful autopsy
>set up bills so colonists will automatically autopsy raiders
>check the autopsy room
>SO MANY ORGANS THAT THEYRE SPAWNING THROUGH THE WALLS
>COLONY WEALTH UP x20
that was a fun time
Spoiler:
Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #449845

iksyp wrote:>new tribe
>check colony wealth
>25k
Glitter tech is notorious for this.
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #449849

Glitter tech is also notorious for being a prime example of bad balance.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
iksyp

Post by iksyp » #449859

it ended up being medieval times that rocketed my wealth
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #449860

nice thing about mods is that they've historically seen themselves implemented into the game if they're well received.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #449862

Qbmax32 wrote:
Wyzack wrote:I have been playing with so many mods for so long i actually have nothing of value to suggest for a vanilla player other than reevaluate why you are holding yourself back from the limitless potential of this game.

hmu with your modlist
aight will post later today when i get home
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #452577

>mods are finally all updated to 1.0
>start up a new save after carefully reenabling everything in meticulous order
>pawns don't sleep, will just work until passing out
>pawns don't do recreation and stress out
>pawn gets stuck in the "Fleeing" state and can't move even when drafted and even when downed/revived with dev mode
>quit and wait for mods to update again
That's the rimworld experience for me at this point
Spoiler:
Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #452583

mAI has been super buggy since 1.0 to the best of my knowledge, if you're using that there is a chance your pawn is bugged and flagged as a mAI.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #452627

Davidchan wrote:mAI has been super buggy since 1.0 to the best of my knowledge, if you're using that there is a chance your pawn is bugged and flagged as a mAI.
nope, i dont use that one. im guessing my issue is from conflicts rather than any one mod, but honestly i'm not sure
Spoiler:
Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #452636

A list/load order helps to trouble shoot, beyond that best of luck with that google search.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #452674

Davidchan wrote:A list/load order helps to trouble shoot, beyond that best of luck with that google search.
if you wanna dig around, be my guest... https://file.house/x3Z_.html <- save this page and open it with chrome
Spoiler:
Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #495528

Been playing this again, wish the guy who did the Syndicate Weapons/Classic mods would update to 1.0, I miss being able to hose down tribals with L6s and running in with eswords to finish off the survivors.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #495573

Davidchan wrote:Been playing this again, wish the guy who did the Syndicate Weapons/Classic mods would update to 1.0, I miss being able to hose down tribals with L6s and running in with eswords to finish off the survivors.
it's been updated for a while, it's just changed ownership
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1497039037
Spoiler:
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #495578

The multiplayer mod works so well (and is so fun) that it's scary.

https://github.com/Zetrith/Multiplayer/releases
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #495600

Bawhoppennn wrote:The multiplayer mod works so well (and is so fun) that it's scary.

Heard vaguely of this, is there a server browser or do I need friends? Doesn't look like there's one at a glance
Spoiler:
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #495620

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Bawhoppennn wrote:The multiplayer mod works so well (and is so fun) that it's scary.

Heard vaguely of this, is there a server browser or do I need friends? Doesn't look like there's one at a glance
There's direct connect and I believe a very basic server list, it uses the framework steam gives for hosting/connecting I believe. It has almost no sync issues with the vanilla game (caravan events/faction calling via comms console are disabled due to sync issues) and supports XML mods fully. Some DLL mods work too as long as the gameplay element they add have no external UI for players to interact with. The guy who made the mod went MIA but it was opensource so people already picked it up again and there's an unofficial API for making your mods multiplayer compatible.

It honestly feels like a vanilla feature with how well its done, I've had 3-4 hour sessions with 3 other friends with zero desync issues and we were able to come back to the save on a later date. Really fuckin' good mod.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.