[CosmicScientist] - Garready

Crlo Ccho

[CosmicScientist] - Garready

Post by Crlo Ccho » #450066

Byond account and character name: Garready. Majika Paprika
Banning admin:CosmicScientist

Ban type (What are you banned from?): Rule 8

Ban reason and length: (Pernament Ban) Posted some videoclip of sensitive surgery removal and made a joke/reference about "this is you when having larva/chestbuster removal Surgery.

Time ban was placed (including time zone):19.46.19 28th October 2018

Your side of the story: tried to expressed something funny.. got banned. My humors where a bit dark..

Why you think you should be unbanned: made a fatal mistake.. I still want to play this game
Crlo Ccho

Re: Ban appeal - Garready

Post by Crlo Ccho » #450372

What should i do to lift the pernament ban?
francinum
Byond Username: Francinum
Github Username: francinum

Post by francinum » #450426

My opinions are mostly mirrored by Cosmic, it took way too long for you to acknowledge that this wasn't an okay thing to do, and I'm not entirely sure if that's sunk in yet, given that this appeal isn't all that substantial.
Spoiler:
Crlo Ccho

Post by Crlo Ccho » #450434

Is this what people looks like behind their mask? behind the internet? behind their nicknames? they can act cruel as they please..without a single shred of compassion at all to people who make mistake?

I am not good with words..I know. I am not a robot. I am not a perfect being. I'm just a human like you making mistakes or trying to have some fun for his miserable life.

I do not know I am not that good to persuade someone. For me if someone made this kind of 'mistake' i will punish him so he may learn that mistake and not to repeat it again. But i will NOT definitely 'kill' him.
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Re: [CosmicScientist] - Garready

Post by Nabski » #450438

I'm unclear here. What's the standard on one person changing anothers ban length and time and why was it applied here. I can't tell if this process is the same or different from standard tg because I don't know the roles or ranks of people involved here.

Additionally rule 8 has historically been ERP related things, whereas shitty shock gore stuff would more like rule 3 and 1.

I don't disagree with the ban, just parts of it seem handled oddly.
Crlo Ccho

Post by Crlo Ccho » #450439

could you atleast give me a chance? i know what i did is fucked up.. I want you to know how truly sorry I am for the joke I post at that game that day. It was in very poor taste, and I am sorry that it offended you. Looking back on it, I was insensitive and just did what i pleased. Please accept my sincere apology for my insensitivity and be assured that I will no longer tell jokes of that type.
Nabski

Post by Nabski » #450445

So did cosmic tell the player it's a three day ban, then while he was banned francium reviewed it as a head and said "hey this should be a perma" or was francium involved in the entire original ticket.

Clearing up that francinum is a head was helpful however. I was afraid that your punishment on DMCA was whatever the longest thing any admin online wanted it to be.
subject217
Github User
Byond Username: Subject217
Github Username: subject217

Post by subject217 » #450477

when it doubt rule 1 it out so people can't lawyer you lol
Crlo Ccho

Post by Crlo Ccho » #450512

what will happen to me now?
Nabski

Post by Nabski » #450527

Crlo Ccho wrote:what will happen to me now?
So not much discussion has been had about your ban yet, it was mostly discussion around the PROCESS of your ban.

Typically bans are appealed, the original admin chimes in. (This is DMCA so this may be slightly different)
Successful appeals typically at this stage are typically because you think the admin missed some information, a sufficient time has passed, or the involved parties may have cooled off since the original ban.

If no conclusion is made, then a headadmin can step in to either reaffirm what the original admin said, or change the ban. This is not a mandatory part of ban appeals.
Typically the headmin is chiming in to clarify a policy point, or just be a final voice on the matter.

Often permanent bans aren't completely permanent. You may be able to appeal them again even if the original appeal fails. It's best to wait a few months and play elsewhere so that there is a record of you behaving well.

Cosmic most likely won't be changing the ban because he was following instructions from those above him. It sounds like there might be a difference in opinions of the headmins so you shouldn't give up hope. It seems like your point is "I thought this would be funny, I see now that it was badly inappropriate but I don't feel it was so aweful that I shouldn't be able to ever play here again. I hadn't done anything like this in the past and now that I know it's wrong I won't do it again" right?
Crlo Ccho

Post by Crlo Ccho » #450537

Nabski wrote:
Crlo Ccho wrote:what will happen to me now?
So not much discussion has been had about your ban yet, it was mostly discussion around the PROCESS of your ban.

Typically bans are appealed, the original admin chimes in. (This is DMCA so this may be slightly different)
Successful appeals typically at this stage are typically because you think the admin missed some information, a sufficient time has passed, or the involved parties may have cooled off since the original ban.

If no conclusion is made, then a headadmin can step in to either reaffirm what the original admin said, or change the ban. This is not a mandatory part of ban appeals.
Typically the headmin is chiming in to clarify a policy point, or just be a final voice on the matter.

Often permanent bans aren't completely permanent. You may be able to appeal them again even if the original appeal fails. It's best to wait a few months and play elsewhere so that there is a record of you behaving well.

Cosmic most likely won't be changing the ban because he was following instructions from those above him. It sounds like there might be a difference in opinions of the headmins so you shouldn't give up hope. It seems like your point is "I thought this would be funny, I see now that it was badly inappropriate but I don't feel it was so aweful that I shouldn't be able to ever play here again. I hadn't done anything like this in the past and now that I know it's wrong I won't do it again" right?

thanks for the information man.. I am just kind of surprise the punishment i'd been imposed with.. its like a very severed martial law. One mistake and your DEAD!

"(*you serve some tea to your commander* and the commander said "Wait.. this is a wrong tea i asked, servant! Guards! OFF WITH HIS HEAD!") (*then you proceed getting executed*)"

normally there would be a first offence or second offence. Except the cheating or using some illegal shit software cases.
francinum
Byond Username: Francinum
Github Username: francinum

Post by francinum » #450615

I'm going to drop the ban, but keep in mind that this is pretty hot water, Don't do it again.

APPROVED
Spoiler:
Rohesie
Byond Username: Rohesie

Post by Rohesie » #450636

To clarify on policy on this closed thread, the punishment was given after you showed no signs you understood the behavior was wrong, and argued about it not only regarding the AHelp but also in OOC.

I'd have gone with a timed ban, myself, and in the end it's how it went given this was lifted.

I fully agree that first offense shouldn't land anyone a perma as long as they are not malicious. We are not after such draconic laws. But moderating is changing the player's behavior, or attempting to. If you don't acknowledge and understand our rules we can't guarantee you won't be breaking them again.

In this thread you've stated you do, however, so I have hopes you'll stay with us and play properly. Mistakes happen and we learn from them. And in time notes are erased when no longer relevant, so it won't be an eternal black mark.

Have a good time. ^^