What Is Expected Of The Admins

Complain about admins here.
Sometinyprick
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: STP

What Is Expected Of The Admins

Post by Sometinyprick » #84949

View the current Admin Conduct (everything required of the admins) here.
https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Admin_Conduct
Last edited by Fikou on Sun Oct 22, 2023 2:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: We shouldn't rely on the forums to handle this, it's busywork
i play leo bonhart, feel free to grief me
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Re: What is Expected Of The Admins

Post by CitrusGender » #395897

Addendum: What is expected of admins

1. No Attacks/harassment towards players
2. No threats of banning specific players in public channels.
3. All posts by admins in FNR should be meaningful and contribute to the discussion.

Spoiler:
Admins should never make continued unwanted and annoying actions towards players for the purpose of personal malice or some type of prejudice. This includes statements that are outwardly hostile to specific players and/or may be a defamation of that player's character. Admins are in a position of power and should never use their position in power to strong arm players and talk badly about them while they have no form of recourse. Only severe and/or continuous cases will be considered to be a break of this expectation, but I want to outline that a continuous harassment of players after being told to stop will not be allowed and will be met with warnings and/or demerits depending on the severity.
Any declaration and intention to ban someone for something related to a player's actions in-game or outside of space station 13 should not be done in public channels that can be seen by any party. For the purpose of this expectation, a public channel is any channel that can be seen by anyone on a server who is not an admin. For example, we would consider the #tg-station-general, all channels on the unofficial /tg/ discord, and OOC chat in both servers to be a public channel (this is not an exhaustive list though). This will be met with a warning or more corrective action depending on the severity of the incident.

Edit: Additionally, I see the need to state that this refers to specific players and not a group of players. To single out a player is not acceptable but to call out a group of people who are doing something is acceptable.
I understand completely that this rule has a subjective aspect to it. However, I want to make it clear that each forum has a specific purpose and should be used for the specific purpose that it was intended. There are already outlines about only how only parties involved in bans should post in ban threads and the same with admin complaints (though the an0n3 amendment is in effect for ban appeals.) I want to make it clear that admin feedback should be used for specific feedback on that admins conduct INGAME and all activities related to their post as an admin in the community. However, an admin is allowed to post in there own thread to discuss criticism given to them granted that their response is meaningful and contributes to the discussion. Failure to follow these rules will put you on post approval.

Misc.
For the purposes of this list, admins are also considered to be players.
Nervere
Byond Username: Nervere
Github Username: nervere

Re: What is expected Of the admins

Post by Nervere » #451332

Updated conduct rules to reflect that overruling bans now falls to headmins.
Old revision:
Don't interfere with another admin's ban or adminhelp unless requested. Feel free to point out important missed details or useful information however. Higher-ranked admins can intervene however, usually in the case of full admins helping out a new trialmin.
New revision:
Don't interfere with another admin's ban or adminhelp unless requested. Feel free to point out important missed details or useful information however. Higher-ranked admins are encouraged to advise and guide other admins, but overruling someone else's ban falls to the headmins.
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Re: What Is Expected Of The Admins

Post by Misdoubtful » #704321

The following has been added to admin conduct regarding rule 9 and underage bans:
Bring all underage accusations made either by players or admins directly to the current head admin team to investigate.
Hugs
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Re: What Is Expected Of The Admins

Post by Misdoubtful » #704324

The following has been added to the admin conduct page regarding the modification of notes and bans:
  • Do not modify non-secret notes/bans outside of appeals unless it either benefits the player in question or you are correcting an error within [24hr] of it being placed.
  • Each new incident must result in the placement of a new note, rather than the modification of a placed note.
  • If in doubt about editing a note or in a circumstance falling outside of the above, refer to the current head admin team for guidance.
This serves to codify status quo practices for doing so for both admin and player knowledge and access.
Hugs