[Feemjmeem] CommanderArtyom - Unban Appeal

Appeals which have been closed.
Ejazz

[Feemjmeem] CommanderArtyom - Unban Appeal

Post by Ejazz » #452011

Byond account and character name: CommanderArtyom
Banning admin: Feemjmeem
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Banned from the server
Ban reason and length: Perma-ban, "Released plasma and tried to welderbomb it. Again. Bye."
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2018-06-28, 21:26:33 France Timezone
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): I don't remember
Your side of the story: It was a long time ago so I don't remember everything, however, I remember being mad at the admins for being absent and ignoring my ahelps the past round while someone was griefing. I was so mad that I decided to plasmaflood the station and miserably failed. It was a terrible and dumb decision and I regret doing it.
Why you think you should be unbanned: It's been a while since I've been banned, and I learned from my mistakes. I won't do this kind of retarded shit again and I'm ready to play on the server again. Please accept my excuses for being such a dumbass.
Last edited by Ejazz on Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Re: [Feemjmeem] CommanderArtyom - Unban Appeal

Post by Arianya » #452120

The full ban message actually reads:
Released plasma and tried to welderbomb it. Again. Bye.
As the Again would imply, this wasn't your first brush with non-antagonist plasma flooding. In your 40 connections with us you accrued some 7 bans, nearly accruing a ban of some type for every 4 rounds you played in. Suffice to say this isn't a stellar record, and your permaban was just over 4 months ago, which isn't exactly a long time.

Could you expand on why you were involved in all this rulebreaking earlier this year, that you now feel is no longer likely to be an issue?
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
Ejazz

Post by Ejazz » #452139

I think it might be because I was quite new at the time (which isn't an excuse) and thought most of the SS13 servers were pretty restrictive in terms of gameplay and decided to do whatever I wanted even though it was clearly against the rules. This isn't my mindset anymore, I've learned to respect the rules and the server as well as the other players.

I want to play on /tg/ again due to the number of fun factors present on the server and codebase, and even in the short amount of time I spent there I really liked it.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #452234

What do you mean you want to play on /tg/ again? You've played on it for 8 connections just a couple of days ago on your other account lol.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Ejazz

Post by Ejazz » #452262

How is that relevant? I'm not able to access the server anymore for some reason, and I'm trying to get unbanned. What does this have to do with anything?
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #452270

What do you mean how is that relevant? Avoiding your ban is bad lol and ofc not because your other account is now banned (for ban evading) :)
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
somerandomguy
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Post by somerandomguy » #452309

Ejazz wrote:How is that relevant? I'm not able to access the server anymore for some reason, and I'm trying to get unbanned. What does this have to do with anything?
Ban evading is bad. REALLY bad. If your ban wasn't permanent, it'll make it permanent, and otherwise it'll be a huge black mark on your future appeals. The fact that you're appealing just because your evasion failed and also have a shitty record makes your chances of being unbanned microscopic. The best thing to do now is play on another server, be good, and get an admin there to vouch for you here after a few months, without trying to evade.

>inb4 "but why?????"
It completely bypasses the ban/appeal process so it has to be discouraged, otherwise shitters could just keep coming back.
Spoiler:
Bringing up/explaining relevant precedent, hopefully not peanut
Ejazz

Post by Ejazz » #452326

I didn't try to ban evade, for fuck sakes. I lost the password and email of my main account and switched to Ejazz. Thanks for making false assumptions.
Can I get a proper response from an admin so we can discuss it further more? My intention wasn't to 'ban evade', I just moved out (making a new IP) and lost my password and email. I thought I wouldn't have to explain why, but whatever.
What saddens me is that you both jump to conclusions without an explanation from my side and it's very unfair. If I really wanted to grief on /tg/ I wouldn't appeal.
Also the condescending attitude is unnecessary, I wasn't disrespectful in any way and even though I'm banned from /tg/ I still deserve a minimum of respect.

P.S: If I wanted to ban evade I wouldn't make an appeal with 'CommanderArtyom' in the title and have 'Ejazz' (which is the name of my second account) as my username. That wouldn't make any sense at all.
Why do I feel like everyone in ss13 is paranoid? Not everyone wants to be a total shitter, not everyone is trying to ban evade and even banned people deserve a new chance.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #452336

you don't need to overreact but I tend to believe you that you evaded innocently because otherwise you probably wouldn't have appealed.

Other admins should keep that in mind.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #452366

The issue that arises is the fact that you didn't mention these connections, or your alt account. To quote MrStonedOne (technically on a different subject, but its a pretty good guideline in general):
MrStonedOne wrote:Expect onlookers to assume bad faith. If you omit details that are later deemed to be important people will assume you did it intentionally.
Oranges makes a good point that we shouldn't presume bad faith automatically, but at the same time when you omit these details and leave them for someone else to find you make it difficult to take your good will at face value.

Ultimately my decision comes down to precedent. If you had been caught by an admin while online on your alt account, you would have been banned and an appeal for your original ckey would be looked dimly upon by the nature of your evasion. I don't think the fact that you managed to avoid admin attention for your limited run of connections should change that (since that sets an odd precedent that ban evasion is fine if you don't get caught).

As a result, I'm going to deny this appeal, but invite you to re-appeal in a month or two having played on another server. If you can do this and the other server doesn't have disastrous things to say about your behaviour, we'll look to unban you then.

For the future reference of yourself and any others who read this, if your evasion (innocent or otherwise) had been declared as part of your appeal, I'd have a much easier time assuming your good intent and would have unbanned you. It is always better to tell us about something like this ahead of time rather then let us discover it ourselves.

Any other headmin may post.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg