Asteroidstation! [aka Rockbase aka TGstation 3]

Mapping Ideas and Sprite Galleries
Spacemanspark
Byond Username: Spacemanspark

Re: Asteroidstation! [aka Rockbase aka TGstation 3]

Post by Spacemanspark » #44709

Bottom post of the previous page:

Jordie0608 wrote:
iyaerP wrote:Maybe put in a sec mini-office/entry desk in place of one of the cells adjacent to the entryway to brig, kindof like how sybil has it.
I've never really seen the point behind that room but if it's wanted it'd be easy to add.
The entry desk is actually pretty damn useful. I think we need to add a security camera monitor console to it, however.
:^)
allura
Byond Username: Allura

Post by allura » #44723

rip this map
TZK13
Byond Username: Thurgatar

Post by TZK13 » #45058

With Metacide gone I'd support this becoming the new map for Basil (Badger). There's going to be tons of complaining if it's put on Sibyl but on Basil (Badger) it'll both NOT be Box while also tempting some people to come try it out.
Mindustry
Byond Username: Mindustry

Post by Mindustry » #45103

Spoiler:
The circled conveyer belt is backwards, no metal can get into the stacker.
BangingDonk
Byond Username: BangingDonk

Post by BangingDonk » #45121

After a round, there's only a couple of immediate things I noticed:

* There aren't any sinks in botany. Ideally, there'd be at least TWO.
* The ore redemption machine only seems to recognize ore delivered to the top of it, and spits ore out on the bottom of it. Currently, you have to break windows in order to use it.
* Is there any way we can make the power areas on the console and a Power-ON cart show up with names? If you're scanning area power, you just have to scroll through a list of identical named areas and hope you click the right one.

Other than that, I'm liking the way this is looking. It seems like it might be really easy to sabotage power for outside areas, but not to release the singulo. Dunno how that'll work out in more aggressive/populated play. Also, it seems like sometimes the SMES in various maint areas don't like recognizing that they're receiving power? The color coded wiring is GREAT, though.
Braincake
Byond Username: Braincake

Post by Braincake » #45220

Just two small issues, from a few minutes of playing. Firstly, the flashes in Robotics can't be stuffed into cyborg heads (similar issue was on Box for a while, something about paths). Secondly, though nobody probably cares about this, the hallways are named all wrong; the Bridge is pointing east, so that hallway would be the Fore hallway, the hallway leading to escape would be Starboard, and so on.
QuartzCrystal
Byond Username: QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #45224

Aside from the tweaks that need to be made, this map is beautiful and I nearly cried when I saw it being played on Basil.

Truly a fantastic map. I love it. Been waiting for this day for like, 3 years now.

EDIT: Holy fuck do wormholes fuck you over in this map though.
Cheridan
Byond Username: Cheridan

Post by Cheridan » #45242

QuartzCrystal wrote: EDIT: Holy fuck do wormholes fuck you over in this map though.
OH GOD DO THEY EVER
everyone teleporting into the mines. mining mobs warping onto the station and devouring everyone.

So I like the escape shuttle design.
/tg/station spriter, admin, and headcoder. Feel free to contact me via PM with questions, concerns, or requests.
fleure
Byond Username: Fleure

Post by fleure » #45246

Just a little thing in the fitness room:
Spoiler:
Ex-/tg/station maintainer for being a lazy shit.
whodaloo
Byond Username: Whodaloo

Post by whodaloo » #45259

Cheridan wrote:
QuartzCrystal wrote: EDIT: Holy fuck do wormholes fuck you over in this map though.
OH GOD DO THEY EVER
everyone teleporting into the mines. mining mobs warping onto the station and devouring everyone.

The escape shuttle has toilets. Greatest map or greatest map?
i love public logs
Spoiler:
SAY: Kolt Saudwell/RedMcCloud : Beacuse
SAY: Kolt Saudwell/RedMcCloud : ((im banned))

SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : Hos
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : Can i bang you]
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : ]plras
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : R; I WROTE THIS SOMG FOR YOU HOS

SAY: Bryce Pax/IcePacks : I THINK I WAS A LITTLE HASTY IN GIVING THE CREW ACCESS TO THE ARMORY

Lusty Xenomorph Maid begins to clean the telescopic baton with the soap...

[Common] Garrett Larson says, "How do i shot pod"

OOC: Zoey Webb/Firecage : WHodaloo, why are you so fucking aggressive against me
OOC: Engineer Donkin/Whodaloo : i have no idea what you're talking about chief
OOC: Zoey Webb/Firecage : Cuck sucking dick wanking piece of cock shit head
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #45273

The gravity gen makes no sense on the map, considering you aren't effected by it being on or off while outside the station. I know this is probably isn't controllable by a mapper, but its just a little peeve about it. Other then whats been said already, 10/10 map.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
Aleph

Post by Aleph » #45285

whodaloo wrote:
Cheridan wrote:
OH GOD DO THEY EVER

The escape shuttle has toilets. Greatest map or greatest map?
Why doesn't Box's shuttle have half the stuff this shuttle does?

EDIT: Also a bug, medbay is missing it's wardrobe lockers.
TZK13

Post by TZK13 » #45384

MMMiracles wrote:The gravity gen makes no sense on the map, considering you aren't effected by it being on or off while outside the station. I know this is probably isn't controllable by a mapper, but its just a little peeve about it. Other then whats been said already, 10/10 map.
>Taking what I said IC and posting it as feedback before I could.

Pls.
Jordie0608
Site Admin
Byond Username: Jordie0608
Github Username: Jordie0608

Post by Jordie0608 » #45407

Thanks everyone for the feedback, the following issues have been fixes in version 6.
Mindustry wrote:The circled conveyer belt is backwards, no metal can get into the stacker.
BangingDonk wrote:* There aren't any sinks in botany. Ideally, there'd be at least TWO.
* The ore redemption machine only seems to recognize ore delivered to the top of it, and spits ore out on the bottom of it. Currently, you have to break windows in order to use it.
Braincake wrote:Firstly, the flashes in Robotics can't be stuffed into cyborg heads (similar issue was on Box for a while, something about paths).
fleure wrote:Just a little thing in the fitness room:
Aleph wrote:EDIT: Also a bug, medbay is missing it's wardrobe lockers.
Braincake wrote:Secondly, though nobody probably cares about this, the hallways are named all wrong; the Bridge is pointing east, so that hallway would be the Fore hallway, the hallway leading to escape would be Starboard, and so on.
Yeah I know, this was a gameplay vs realism decision to make orienteering more simplistic. Instead of having people relearn Port and Starboard as north and south just for this map I went with what would be more familiar and intuitive to players.
BangingDonk wrote:* Is there any way we can make the power areas on the console and a Power-ON cart show up with names? If you're scanning area power, you just have to scroll through a list of identical named areas and hope you click the right one.
Not without rewriting bits of the computer's code just and i'd prefer not to do so without the map being part of a codebase.
BangingDonk wrote:Other than that, I'm liking the way this is looking. It seems like it might be really easy to sabotage power for outside areas, but not to release the singulo. Dunno how that'll work out in more aggressive/populated play.
Because the singularity is much more dangerous, it's harder to sabotage. Since this also makes it harder to directly sabotage the power to the station, it's made easier to sabotage power to areas (although you can still sabotage all power without going into engineering).
BangingDonk wrote:Also, it seems like sometimes the SMES in various maint areas don't like recognizing that they're receiving power?
Which ones?
MMMiracles wrote:The gravity gen makes no sense on the map, considering you aren't effected by it being on or off while outside the station. I know this is probably isn't controllable by a mapper, but its just a little peeve about it.
I'm not sure what exactly you mean here, from my testing the grav gen works when you're on the asteroid but not in space i.e. as it should. What did you encounter?
Forum Admin
Send me a PM if you have any issues, concerns or praise of fishfood to express about the forums.
BangingDonk
Byond Username: BangingDonk

Post by BangingDonk » #45437

I can't immediately remember which of the SMES were giving me grief when I was an engineer. That said, power and atmos are kind of voodoo sciences to me, and it might have just needed some time to trickle down into the units. I haven't seen other engineers having issues with that.

There MIGHT have been folks talking about how the containment field is potentially set up oddly or incorrectly at round start? Again, I don't know much about how that's working out.

OH SHIT, I remembered something else that's just a massive irritation so far. The button that you can supposedly use to exit cryotubes without access isn't access-unlocked. It's presumably still triggered to unlock for only Medbay, so you still get people asking to get let out of the cryo-room.
Aleph

Post by Aleph » #45498

I believe that the escape shuttle doesn't have the proper access restrictions. Also Robotics needs flashes for its cyborgs. The ones they start with don't work for some reason.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #45585

I remember when this map was first trials, it's got some neat shit, but also some things i dislike.

Visually, the medbay looks fantastic, practically however, it's got issues. the foyer is so wide, that if you try drag someone in, directly towards cryo/sleepers, you won't even see them from chemistry. As a chemist, I let in (and heal) far more people then actual doctors. In the ideal world of course, there would be a doctor at the desk. In reality, you're going to be sitting at the door asking over comms for it to open.
The west part of the medbay corridor has 2 tile wide parts. You wouldn't think that would be a serious issue, but fuck, I remember so many times where it just got utterly traffic jammed to shit there.
A lot of the medical supplies are not in med storage, but readily accessible from the medcorridor. Fuckers can and do steal this shit, which is annoying as hell.
The sleepers are further from the entrance then the cryo tubes. A small thing, but is quite noticable, in terms of how often you'll have to drag some pleb past cryo to the sleepers, when the sleepers should be closer to begin with.
I don't know if this has been fixed, but the last time this map was live, the chef had no way to access the morgue, as he couldn't access maint.
And just looking on basil now, it appears (unless someone manually removed them in round for some reason) that the r-glass panels in the genetics monkey pen (and possibly other places) are missing.

Maint also is a bit barren. It has loads of 2 wide corridors, but there's nothing in them. On box and meta, it's lots of 1 wide corridors (it is maint after all), and the wider areas are cluttered with stuff, which IMO looks nicer/more mainty.
There is a DISTURBING lack of a maint bar, or a good spot for one. The SW maint room is alright, but it has a lack of windows to space, which is a shame.
None of the service jobs have a maint door to their work places, which is bad for various reasons (mainly antag related). And yeah, botany not having sinks means you run out of water really fast.

Tcomms is a little hard to bomb, in that you either have to mine through rock to get near the apc (which is an issue for ops) or go through the front door, which is on a main corridor.

I personally don't like the open plan dining area, mainly because people just run through it all the time. Usually the bar is an island of (relative) calm.

A lot of rooms/areas are unneccesarily large, while a couple are too small. I probably have more to add, but, sleepy time. Overall though, the map is pretty cool, but I don't think it's near finished yet.

Edit: So I got alium on basil because random event (I managed to turn literally the entire server pop into aliums, we had to restart vote to end it), and I noticed that the vents are divided into sections. This means for vent crawling, you are extremely limited on where you can crawl, from a given place.
Last edited by lumipharon on Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saintish
Byond Username: Saintish

Post by Saintish » #45587

Put a single mining drill on the Syndicate shuttle. It'll add an interesting dynamic to that roundtype.
Last edited by Saintish on Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alphaBeta
Byond Username: AlphaaBeta

Post by alphaBeta » #45590

Brig cells are useless; they can be opened from the inside, without any access.

It sounds like a really bad plan to put new prisoners to perma while it is occupied. Also, fire extinguisher allows them to break those windows every single time.

There should be more replacement lights boxes around in maint, I've spent 6 minutes looking for one and found none.

Air alarms are placed too rare on hallways, IMO.
Random Players
Byond Username: Random Players

Post by Random Players » #45599

Gateway has no way to open the shutters.
Bridge dorms far left wall isn't visible on cameras, so the AI can't interact with that APC or see if the wall is intact.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #45604

Warden can't access prison medical. I have heard it is an execution room? Even so the warden's duty is to guard the brig so they have to check it isn't filled with aliens or something good that it lacks a camera though. Also maybe evidence room should be a little more insulated, not heave but maybe located deeper in the brig so it isn't 1 regular wall in maint away from hemorrhaging illicit contraband.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #45619

I have to say there's a major flaw in the the R-Walls at the bridge. The "South" or lower corridor leading to the main bridge doesn't have R-Wall's on its south side. This means the blast doors, when triggered, can be easily got around by removing one normal wall in the court room (which is public access).

Should I put this on github as well?
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #45622

alphaBeta wrote:Brig cells are useless; they can be opened from the inside, without any access.
It sounds like a really bad plan to put new prisoners to perma while it is occupied. Also, fire extinguisher allows them to break those windows every single time.
Perma needs a proper re-design. Only having 2 usable cells and allowing people to easily break out of the gluag by pickaxing the windows. Also as you say the only real reasonable thing to do is to bolt perma prisoners in those tiny cells as to risk having them run about whilst you bring in a new prisoner is just plane risky or stupid (as I found out yesterday as the warden).

Infact having a separate entrance/exit to the gluag mining part would make much more sense.
Incomptinence wrote:Warden can't access prison medical. I have heard it is an execution room? Even so the warden's duty is to guard the brig so they have to check it isn't filled with aliens or something good that it lacks a camera though. Also maybe evidence room should be a little more insulated, not heave but maybe located deeper in the brig so it isn't 1 regular wall in maint away from hemorrhaging illicit contraband.
ONLY the captain can access the prison "medical" area (read: execution room). Which doesn't make a huge amount of sense why the HoS can't as they can also authorise executions as well. Even the AI isn't able to open the doors (which assume is so a borg cannot stop human harm that maybe taking place).
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #45623

The idea behind the prison medical area/prisoner transfer centre is to give Security a area to execute people that is off the grid so to speak, more so to give the AI peace of mind thinking the prisoner is being sent away (While technically true, just not in a way a AI would approve of).

On Boxstation the room uses Armoury access, meaning the Captain, Head of Security and Warden have access to it. That should be the same for Asteroidstation.

Last time I checked Boxstations Execution Room had the AI control wire's cut on the doors. In theory the AI cannot manipulate the doors to the Transfer/Medical/Execution room.
Boredone
Byond Username: Boredone

Post by Boredone » #45659

Ello, not a priority, but the machine frame in the hideout thing outside of Maint seems a bit bugged.
Can't seem to do anything with it, including getting rid of it or using it to make something.
As well, minor thing, but the computer frame next to it can't be moved at first, despite needing to wrench it down still, which is whats supposed to make it unmoveable.
Said hideout area.
Also, theres a circuit board in Tech Storage that is just.. a circuit board. Nothing specific, and can't seem to complete a computer that uses it. Its in the top right pile of boards, with the crew monitor and message monitor boards.
TZK13

Post by TZK13 » #45680

peoplearestrange wrote:I have to say there's a major flaw in the the R-Walls at the bridge. The "South" or lower corridor leading to the main bridge doesn't have R-Wall's on its south side. This means the blast doors, when triggered, can be easily got around by removing one normal wall in the court room (which is public access).
This should be an intentional flaw, on Box you can always reach the Bridge by welding into the conference room from the little maint room and then welding through the wall beside the door leading into the Bridge. If the shutters for the conference room's windows aren't closed this is even easier.
QuartzCrystal
Byond Username: QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #45719

TZK13 wrote:
peoplearestrange wrote:I have to say there's a major flaw in the the R-Walls at the bridge. The "South" or lower corridor leading to the main bridge doesn't have R-Wall's on its south side. This means the blast doors, when triggered, can be easily got around by removing one normal wall in the court room (which is public access).
This should be an intentional flaw, on Box you can always reach the Bridge by welding into the conference room from the little maint room and then welding through the wall beside the door leading into the Bridge. If the shutters for the conference room's windows aren't closed this is even easier.
Yeah if it's not already intentional, make it that way.
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #45790

There are already other ways onto the bridge. Specially through the main window glass from space, of course its through space, but unlike on box there are no shutters (which can be a pain when asteroids start hitting the station).

Also I saw yesterday that the "Extra" shuttle that's at arrivals doesn't start with windows, just grilles. Which means air escapes as soon as its moved from CentComm to the station. I assume this is left over from the shuttles full-tiled windows update.
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box
francinum
Byond Username: Francinum
Github Username: francinum

Post by francinum » #45866

Glass on the AI module holders are missing.
Spoiler:
cocothegogo
Byond Username: Cocothegog0

Post by cocothegogo » #45927

I feel that arrivals is too greifable compared to boxstation,box station has more than one way to go through if the main area is bombed. Unless that's what you were going for.

If that area is bombed it basically cuts off new players to the round.

maybe add a little area of maint that people can walk through for an alternate route or something idk

or maybe add another area to loop around above the shuttle, two exits?

Jordie0608
Site Admin
Byond Username: Jordie0608
Github Username: Jordie0608

Post by Jordie0608 » #45953

Version 7 has largely been just fixing bugs reported so far, issues regarding reorganization of areas will come next.
Spoiler:
BangingDonk wrote:There MIGHT have been folks talking about how the containment field is potentially set up oddly or incorrectly at round start? Again, I don't know much about how that's working out.
The containment generators and emitters require movement from their starting positions; this is intentional since it's not exactly difficult to do.
lumipharon wrote:The sleepers are further from the entrance then the cryo tubes. A small thing, but is quite noticable, in terms of how often you'll have to drag some pleb past cryo to the sleepers, when the sleepers should be closer to begin with.
The first version of medbay had sleepers where cryo is now, they were moved since dying patients brought in from outside would needed the quickest access to cryo whereas patients who needed to use the sleepers weren't in threat of imminent death.
lumipharon wrote:I don't know if this has been fixed, but the last time this map was live, the chef had no way to access the morgue, as he couldn't access maint.
It may have been an incidental issues, the chef has had access all around medbay maint every time i've tried it out, including just now with version 7.
lumipharon wrote:And yeah, botany not having sinks means you run out of water really fast.
Sinks were added in version 6
lumipharon wrote:Tcomms is a little hard to bomb, in that you either have to mine through rock to get near the apc (which is an issue for ops) or go through the front door, which is on a main corridor.
Bombing from maintenance between cargo and tcomms with a syndicate bomb will knock out comms apc provided you don't put the bomb too far south, however there is the potential for RNG to stop that from happening so I'll move the APC anyway.
lumipharon wrote:A lot of rooms/areas are unneccesarily large, while a couple are too small.
Which ones?
lumipharon wrote:Edit: So I got alium on basil because random event (I managed to turn literally the entire server pop into aliums, we had to restart vote to end it), and I noticed that the vents are divided into sections. This means for vent crawling, you are extremely limited on where you can crawl, from a given place.
Yeah this is a problem that would only really be fixed by removing the departmentalized atmos.
Steelpoint wrote:On Boxstation the room uses Armoury access, meaning the Captain, Head of Security and Warden have access to it. That should be the same for Asteroidstation.

Last time I checked Boxstations Execution Room had the AI control wire's cut on the doors. In theory the AI cannot manipulate the doors to the Transfer/Medical/Execution room.
On the latest version of Boxstation the execution room is req_access = 2 (brig timers and perma) and has aiControlDisabled set to 0, although I suspect that might be a bug as it's value has been edited yet is also set to default.
TZK13 wrote:
Yes this is intentional, further balance testing is needed however to see if it should remain as such.
The following problems mentioned here were fixed:
Spoiler:
BangingDonk wrote:OH SHIT, I remembered something else that's just a massive irritation so far. The button that you can supposedly use to exit cryotubes without access isn't access-unlocked. It's presumably still triggered to unlock for only Medbay, so you still get people asking to get let out of the cryo-room.
Aleph wrote:I believe that the escape shuttle doesn't have the proper access restrictions. Also Robotics needs flashes for its cyborgs. The ones they start with don't work for some reason.
Saintish wrote:Put a single mining drill on the Syndicate shuttle. It'll add an interesting dynamic to that roundtype.
alphaBeta wrote:Brig cells are useless; they can be opened from the inside, without any access.
Air alarms are placed too rare on hallways, IMO.
Random Players wrote:Gateway has no way to open the shutters.
Bridge dorms far left wall isn't visible on cameras, so the AI can't interact with that APC or see if the wall is intact.
Incomptinence wrote:Warden can't access prison medical. I have heard it is an execution room? Even so the warden's duty is to guard the brig so they have to check it isn't filled with aliens or something good that it lacks a camera though
Boredone wrote:Ello, not a priority, but the machine frame in the hideout thing outside of Maint seems a bit bugged.
Can't seem to do anything with it, including getting rid of it or using it to make something.
As well, minor thing, but the computer frame next to it can't be moved at first, despite needing to wrench it down still, which is whats supposed to make it unmoveable.
Also, theres a circuit board in Tech Storage that is just.. a circuit board. Nothing specific, and can't seem to complete a computer that uses it. Its in the top right pile of boards, with the crew monitor and message monitor boards.
peoplearestrange wrote:Also I saw yesterday that the "Extra" shuttle that's at arrivals doesn't start with windows, just grilles. Which means air escapes as soon as its moved from CentComm to the station. I assume this is left over from the shuttles full-tiled windows update.
francinum wrote:Glass on the AI module holders are missing.
lumipharon wrote:And just looking on basil now, it appears (unless someone manually removed them in round for some reason) that the r-glass panels in the genetics monkey pen (and possibly other places) are missing.
Rest of the changes can be seen in the changelog
Finally the following are things I'm going to try and address in the next update:
Spoiler:
lumipharon wrote:Visually, the medbay looks fantastic, practically however, it's got issues. the foyer is so wide, that if you try drag someone in, directly towards cryo/sleepers, you won't even see them from chemistry. As a chemist, I let in (and heal) far more people then actual doctors. In the ideal world of course, there would be a doctor at the desk. In reality, you're going to be sitting at the door asking over comms for it to open.
The west part of the medbay corridor has 2 tile wide parts. You wouldn't think that would be a serious issue, but fuck, I remember so many times where it just got utterly traffic jammed to shit there.
A lot of the medical supplies are not in med storage, but readily accessible from the medcorridor. Fuckers can and do steal this shit, which is annoying as hell.
Maint also is a bit barren. It has loads of 2 wide corridors, but there's nothing in them. On box and meta, it's lots of 1 wide corridors (it is maint after all), and the wider areas are cluttered with stuff, which IMO looks nicer/more mainty.
There is a DISTURBING lack of a maint bar, or a good spot for one. The SW maint room is alright, but it has a lack of windows to space, which is a shame.
None of the service jobs have a maint door to their work places, which is bad for various reasons (mainly antag related). And yeah, botany not having sinks means you run out of water really fast.
I personally don't like the open plan dining area, mainly because people just run through it all the time. Usually the bar is an island of (relative) calm.
alphaBeta wrote:It sounds like a really bad plan to put new prisoners to perma while it is occupied. Also, fire extinguisher allows them to break those windows every single time.
There should be more replacement lights boxes around in maint, I've spent 6 minutes looking for one and found none.
Incomptinence wrote:Also maybe evidence room should be a little more insulated, not heave but maybe located deeper in the brig so it isn't 1 regular wall in maint away from hemorrhaging illicit contraband.
peoplearestrange wrote:Perma needs a proper re-design. Only having 2 usable cells and allowing people to easily break out of the gluag by pickaxing the windows. Also as you say the only real reasonable thing to do is to bolt perma prisoners in those tiny cells as to risk having them run about whilst you bring in a new prisoner is just plane risky or stupid (as I found out yesterday as the warden).
Infact having a separate entrance/exit to the gluag mining part would make much more sense.
peoplearestrange wrote:Specially through the main window glass from space, of course its through space, but unlike on box there are no shutters (which can be a pain when asteroids start hitting the station).
cocothegogo wrote:I feel that arrivals is too greifable compared to boxstation,box station has more than one way to go through if the main area is bombed. Unless that's what you were going for.
Forum Admin
Send me a PM if you have any issues, concerns or praise of fishfood to express about the forums.
Erbbu
Byond Username: Erbbu

Post by Erbbu » #46003

Robotics surgery could use a sink for muh immulsions.
ChangelingRain
Byond Username: ChangelingRain
Github Username: ChangelingRain

Post by ChangelingRain » #46231

The medical desk needs a button or two to open the doors, so doctors can let people in from the desk like on box and metastation.
Plays Joan Lung and various AIs and cyborgs with mythology and magical creature-themed names. Joan on IRC.
earth-clawing illuminati trans girl
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #46256

Yeah, the medsec outpost has THREE! door controls, but not the actual reception area.

Also cryo and sleepers really need to get switched around, and the doors from those two rooms need to be removed/replaced with firelocks, since they just get in the way.
Then if the med supplies actually go into the med storage room so they don't all get stolen, remove a single wall tile from between the current sleeper room and med corridor, so it's a two wide entrance like the current cyro room, so its less cramped.

Both the gibber and the crematorium are not accessible from maint. As well as meaning the chaplain and hef can't get into maint as easily (although there is still maint access at the main chapel) it means it's harder to sneakily destroy bodies.

Barman has a chem master though, which is 10/10.

Edit: Speaking of bars, this is the most critical, map breaking ERROR that must be fixed immediately. The maint bar, that room own in the SW corner with the booze storage and shit, the south wall bit, that's vertically one tile below the booze storage. Move this down one more tile, so as a barman I can have a larger bar frontage, without making the bar too cramped. Also a window directly south of the sink would be nice. Pic related
Image.

Edit 2: The captain doesn't have some kind of important command chair on the bridge, which is a shame.

Edit 3: There are no r-walls beside the evidence room door, which compromises the security of the brig, as that's literally the only spot in that doesn't have them. Oh and the sec maint door just leads directly onto the main corridor, so it's function the same as the front door (except no shutters), which is pretty lame. The 2 rechargers are in the main brig area instead of the sec office, which makes them rather unsecure, when you have non sec in the brig.
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #46285

I don't know if this is a mapping problem or what, but many of the intercomms across the station fail to update when you try to activate either the speaker or the microphone as an AI. If you try to change the intercom in the CE's office for example it' will show you that it switched then auto update back to what it was before you did anything to it. If you try to change the frequency it's on it does the same thing and reverts back to what it was by default.
allura

Post by allura » #46462

list of terrible changes since i restored this map
relocation of grav gen
RESCRAMBLING OF THE FUCKING SINGULO
uglification of botany
ever being put on badger
removal of gun and robo limbs from maintenance
DID I MENTION SCRAMBLED SINGULO? NO ONE LIKE THATS! NO ONE LIKES THAT NO ONE LIKE THATS! NO ONE LIKES THAT NO ONE LIKE THATS! NO ONE LIKES THAT NO ONE LIKE THATS! NO ONE LIKES THAT NO ONE LIKE THATS! NO ONE LIKES THAT
Random Players

Post by Random Players » #46464

If you what mean 'scramble singulo' is that you need to set up the containment? I like that.
Intigracy
Confined to the shed

Post by Intigracy » #46465

Last edited by Intigracy on Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
allura

Post by allura » #46494

i genuinely wish i had never restored this map. i made it because hbl wanted me to AND jordie's words on it in #coderbus indicated he wasn't interested in continuing it. now that jordie's completely shat all over the map i hate it
Septavius

Post by Septavius » #46517

allura wrote: DID I MENTION SCRAMBLED SINGULO? NO ONE LIKE THATS! NO ONE LIKES THAT NO ONE LIKE THATS! NO ONE LIKES THAT NO ONE LIKE THATS! NO ONE LIKES THAT NO ONE LIKE THATS! NO ONE LIKES THAT NO ONE LIKE THATS! NO ONE LIKES THAT
i like it
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #46524

allura wrote:RESCRAMBLING OF THE FUCKING SINGULO
What the fuck is scrambled singulo?

How can one scramble or unscramble or re-scramble it on a map level?
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
Intigracy
Confined to the shed

Post by Intigracy » #46528

Last edited by Intigracy on Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #46589

Put a newscaster in the detectives office please
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #47206

For all that is holy please turn the disposal chute into a separate room, anyone who feels the need to toss themselves down a chute has access to the cargo warehouse and it gets really annoying.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Post by Cipher3 » #47516

MMMiracles wrote:For all that is holy please turn the disposal chute into a separate room, anyone who feels the need to toss themselves down a chute has access to the cargo warehouse and it gets really annoying.
This is true. Just add part-tile windows alone the chute and a windoor with cargo access, and that'll be fine.
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #47519

Also cargo is easily the shittest sec assignment on the whole station. You get a tiny ass office compared to the kickin rad ones in medical and science, and you do not have access to the cargo bay so you literally cannot police your own department. You have to sit outside and use disposals if you wanna get in.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
miggles
Byond Username: Miggles

Post by miggles » #47566

usage of the new glass tables is much too liberal
theyve replaced almost all the normal ones, it looks silly
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
Raven776
Byond Username: Raven776

Post by Raven776 » #47677

Mining there is still a kickass new idea though...

Can we just agree that mining is fun on asteroid station?
miggles
Byond Username: Miggles

Post by miggles » #47804

also
toxins needs a tachyon thingy
atmos needs a turbine
and what allura said about the containment field is right, that disassembled field is totally disgusting
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
allura

Post by allura » #47824

whew man like a nigga makes 3 or 4 small cosmetic changes when they fix a map and theyre all reverted in 3 updates what are you fuckin lobotomized?
this map is still total horseshit, it being run as an official map is killing this server and killing me
Random Players

Post by Random Players » #47832

Killing the server? Average pop seems to have increased.