Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

[Nervere] iamgoofball - Discord Ban

Post by iamgoofball » #456141

Discord ID and (if not the same) your commonly used names: iamgoofball#2327
Banning admin (if known): Nervere
Time ban was placed (approximate): 11:17 PM GMT+0
Your side of the story: well i was angry posting because my portfolio just got fucking disappeared by one of your fucking stupid ass community members and told a few people to off themselves, nervere told me to stop so i did but a few times it slipped out because some douchebag level motherfuckers were baiting me hardcore, i edited most of them to just be normal insults in post but forgot one
Why you think you should be unbanned: yeah i'm pretty fucking mad that people can abuse the shit out of me in discord but when i fight back with equally caustic shit i get banned but you know i was editing away the "hang yourself"s
Last edited by Arianya on Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Formatting edit so that it fulfills our requirements
iamgoofball
Github User

Re: [Nervere] iamgoofball - Discord Ban

Post by iamgoofball » #456148

addendum for background info:
i woke up today to find out that my github account that is critical to my portfolio was flagged and therefore suspended, this is apparently an automated process now according to other coders for codebases, so i came onto the discord incredibly angry(and still am because holy shit) because my 6 years of work is now in fucking limbo disappeared, github doesn't provide any ban reasons for their suspensions, and it's fucking trash christ
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #456151

I've edited the factual portions (i.e. not your side or why you think you should be unbanned) so that it fulfills the format.

I'm sure Nervere will get to this in due order, but let me take an opportunity to remind you that post approval being inconvenient for you is an unfortunate reality of not being trusted to post in FNR after multiple warnings. In future if you harangue people, in game, in discord or otherwise to approve your posts, especially after mere minutes of submitting your post, you will most likely receive a full FNR ban and will have to take your pleas to MSO.

All the admins and forum mods have lives, we are not here to wait on you hand and foot because you can't be trusted to post in FNR.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #456152

honestly it s fucking stupid i get one day off for the next 4 months and i wake up to this shit i've already had to waste most of my day off figuring out what the fuck happened and going down the list of people to figur eout why and now i have to spend more fucking time arguing with you people on an internet form

alright im going to speed all this up

1. i wont do it again
2. i am very sorry
3. it won't happen again probably

threatening to ban someone from posting appeals is garbage in full effect btw not going to change my opinion on that
Rustledjimm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #456218

I think it's important for people reading to see the original OP. At the moment only admins can see and I believe everyone should see what was written. Image

Also the fact that I cannot remember off the top of my head the last time an appeal was editted by a headmin just so it wouldn't be rejected out of hand straight away because the OP was too dumb to write one properly.
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #456219

Rustledjimm wrote:I think it's important for people reading to see the original OP. At the moment only admins can see and I believe everyone should see what was written. Image

Also the fact that I cannot remember off the top of my head the last time an appeal was editted by a headmin just so it wouldn't be rejected out of hand straight away because the OP was too dumb to write one properly.
Discord literally does not give people a banning admin, reason, or time. You're just banned.
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #456271

Also, this was fucking ban baiting. The screencap got unfortunately deleted when the thread I made on the subject in General Chat was deleted, but you know, it's ban baiting. The person I told to hang themselves was actively harassing me.

I find it disgusting that they got away with banbaiting me like this. Come on.
Nervere
Byond Username: Nervere
Github Username: nervere

Post by Nervere » #456545

Ban baiting? You've got to be kidding me. I can understand why you were angry, goof - you got banned on GitHub and that's not a pleasant thing to wake up to.
There's no excuse for what you did, though. After harassing PKP because you thought he reported your account (he did not), you then told Francinum to jump off a bridge, because he said, "PKP, you're yelling at a wall that doesn't like you." You later told him to hang himself when he posted a popcorn emoji.

After a guy named Sean said, "lmao pranked", you told him to, "shove a rusty spike up your ass and dide from it". After I informed you that telling people to harm themselves was not acceptable, it wasn't long before you did it again, telling Sirenfal to hang himself. This was the last straw. I had already warned you for this just minutes earlier, even when you had already done this sort of thing in the past with Nabski, so I banned you. In between you encouraging people to harm themselves, it should also be noted that your conduct was abhorrent, verbally attacking anyone who said anything contrary to your beliefs. We have a lot of freedoms for conduct in our Discord server, but when you act like a toxic asshole and start to harass people, don't be surprised when you get dunked. I've attached a screenshot of what, in summary, got goof banned from the Discord server. For reference, I've also attached a screenshot of when he told Nabski hang himself.

The thing is, you already know what I've said above. You were there, you know exactly how it went down. I'm just explaining it for the record and for the observers reading.
Why would anyone think this is acceptable? Why do you? You don't just get do this sort of thing to people, even after a warning, and get away with it because "you were angry".
I thought that, by now, you would've learned that your actions have consequences. Apparently not.
This appeal is denied.
Attachments
best-of-goofball.png
supportive-words.png
supportive-words.png (11.78 KiB) Viewed 2601 times