Donutstation(unmaintained)

Mapping Ideas and Sprite Galleries
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Re: Donutstation (WIP)

Post by confused rock » #451592

Bottom post of the previous page:

I think a more simple maint leads to more creativity- meta just means everyone bases in one of the cut off parts, box is the worst in that its one spot is abandoned surgery and fucking everyone uses that or vacant office. If that's not an option, than things get much more interesting. I'd like to see cults etc create entire new rooms or secretly take over a department for a hiding spot.
Yakumo_Chen
Byond Username: Yakumo Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #451790

Searched half of the station and couldn't find a single box of replacement lights
Yakumo_Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #451798

also the service lathe doesn't even have service access
Tengoon
Byond Username: Tengoon

Post by Tengoon » #451827

Personally I believe that medbay needs have immediate access to the morgue. I've noticed that bodies have completely filled cloning because most people are too lazy to make the trek to the chapel and it's pretty vital to make sure the whole place doesn't fill up with miasma and just general messiness.
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #451833

Maintenance loot is entirely random and based on a global loot table every map's maintenance uses. There are some static item spawns that can be found near their relevant department, but a lack of light boxes is gonna be mostly due to bad spawn rolls. Custodial should have 2 boxes and I'll toss a few extra in engineering so it doesn't become that big of an issue. Service lathe door will get fixed.

As for the morgue issue, I feel like giving the chaplain view over the morgue makes thematic sense since he's supposed to be the burial guy and my hope was chaplains would adopt the role of making sure bodies made it to their final resting place. If the issue is that big, I could pull a similar thing that I did with Hydroponics and give cloning a chapel-only destination tagger to properly shoot corpses to the the chaplain speedily.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #451876

entire chuteline straight from cloning to morgue sounds !!fun!!
somerandomguy
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Post by somerandomguy » #451893

MMMiracles wrote:Maintenance loot is entirely random and based on a global loot table every map's maintenance uses. There are some static item spawns that can be found near their relevant department, but a lack of light boxes is gonna be mostly due to bad spawn rolls. Custodial should have 2 boxes and I'll toss a few extra in engineering so it doesn't become that big of an issue. Service lathe door will get fixed.

As for the morgue issue, I feel like giving the chaplain view over the morgue makes thematic sense since he's supposed to be the burial guy and my hope was chaplains would adopt the role of making sure bodies made it to their final resting place. If the issue is that big, I could pull a similar thing that I did with Hydroponics and give cloning a chapel-only destination tagger to properly shoot corpses to the the chaplain speedily.
Light boxes might be static on other maps
Also add a publicly accessible emergency storage with one or two
TothBrush

Post by TothBrush » #452318

Xenobiology chambers desperately need to be 3x3 cubes instead of 2x3 rectangles. Standard operating procedure when you're both mass producing a color of slime as well as rushing higher tier slimes is to put two in a chamber together and drop 4 monkeys on them. The slimes split into 8 and one tile in the chamber is taken up by the disposals outlet.

Xeno goes almost twice as slow when the chambers aren't large enough to pull it off.
Yakumo_Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #453144

Light boxes are static on every map afaik, you can find them in the public access storage rooms or in static maint spots, they need to be easily accessible to crew because janitors tend not to replace lights or have actual access to do so. I know for a fact Box has them in the storage areas in at least 3-4 places, and box has the least maint loot of all the maps.

I don't even think they're on the maint loot table.

also on the xeno issue they need a large chamber. to store xenomobs and contain aliums.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #453598

Cell lockers don't open when the time is up.

When I raise armory shutters it becomes open to everyone in the general brig area because how it is positioned.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer

Post by MMMiracles » #453786

Morgue/Genetics now have a 1-way disposal chute for corpses because I find it funny that a method of corpse disposal is shoving them down a pressurized pipe and having them be flung out a chute in the morgue. Xenobio now has 3x3 cells and the usual larger containment cell. As for the armory shutters, I figured it was better used as a way to just open the floodgates for the crew to swarm in and arm up instead of having that secondary equipment room you also needed access to.

I'm gonna start doing polish on everything to fill voids and make it feel more lived in and get the map ready for maintainer review, so if you have any reasonably solvable issues with layout let it be known now.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
don't go for another.
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #454167

MMMiracles wrote:Morgue/Genetics now have a 1-way disposal chute for corpses because I find it funny that a method of corpse disposal is shoving them down a pressurized pipe and having them be flung out a chute in the morgue. Xenobio now has 3x3 cells and the usual larger containment cell. As for the armory shutters, I figured it was better used as a way to just open the floodgates for the crew to swarm in and arm up instead of having that secondary equipment room you also needed access to.
I like this idea. More maps could use one-way disposal delivery systems.
► Show Spoiler
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer

Re: Donutstation

Post by MMMiracles » #454335

I've gone through every complaint listed in this thread, the PR, and whatever I wrote down during the live tests. I feel as if this is now in a review-ready state and can now be reasonably judged as a feature-complete map. I'm still gonna look into further polish and maintenance as the map gets exposed to the majority of players who seldom bother with the forums, but for now I'm done with the map.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------

don't go for another.
Yakumo_Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #454383

I'm not entirely sure having a part of Captain's office directly exposed to the exterior hull is a good idea. It makes things a lot easier for antagonists of certain modes to have a very easy time getting in, leaving the crew less then zero warning of invasion. I guess pubby is similar but it requires at least a modicum more effort to get in.

And, this is something you seemed to disregard on your last map too, which led to very quick (thankfully) nuke ops rounds.
somerandomguy
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Post by somerandomguy » #454425

Yakumo_Chen wrote:I'm not entirely sure having a part of Captain's office directly exposed to the exterior hull is a good idea. It makes things a lot easier for antagonists of certain modes to have a very easy time getting in, leaving the crew less then zero warning of invasion. I guess pubby is similar but it requires at least a modicum more effort to get in.

And, this is something you seemed to disregard on your last map too, which led to very quick (thankfully) nuke ops rounds.
If you don't secure the disk you don't deserve a warning
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer

Post by MMMiracles » #454445

Yeah, securing the disk is like the first thing any captain/crew should do in the first place. Along with the prevalence of warops, I doubt this will be an issue.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------

don't go for another.
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer

Post by MMMiracles » #455960

For the most part, this map is now part of official rotation until Cyberboss finishes up whatever plans he has for off-repo map loading. You can now choose the map under your preferred map options and have it come up past an admin forcing it.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------

don't go for another.
JusticeGoat
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: JusticeGoat

Post by JusticeGoat » #456493

Telecomms Lounge APC does not connect to the area so the upper half of the sat is dead. Also replace the gas miners with the proper floor types in atmos.
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer

Post by MMMiracles » #456694

Gas miners are being gay and randomly deciding whether or not they want to update their atmos. If an admin sees this, all they have to do is update the turf it's on in some way and it'll spread properly for the rest of the round. I'll look into a trying to circumvent this for the time being.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------

don't go for another.
JusticeGoat
In-Game Admin

Post by JusticeGoat » #456853

MMMiracles wrote:Gas miners are being gay and randomly deciding whether or not they want to update their atmos. If an admin sees this, all they have to do is update the turf it's on in some way and it'll spread properly for the rest of the round. I'll look into a trying to circumvent this for the time being.

There are turfs built for spawning gas just for atmos, also medbay needs a shower in cloning.
Actionb
Byond Username: Actionb

Post by Actionb » #456997

I ded, turret blind spot:
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #457004

apparently the chef doesn't have shutters? I heard, anyways.
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer

Post by MMMiracles » #457038

JusticeGoat wrote:
MMMiracles wrote:Gas miners are being gay and randomly deciding whether or not they want to update their atmos. If an admin sees this, all they have to do is update the turf it's on in some way and it'll spread properly for the rest of the round. I'll look into a trying to circumvent this for the time being.

There are turfs built for spawning gas just for atmos, also medbay needs a shower in cloning.
Is there any particular reasoning cloning needs a shower? Only reason I could think of is plasmamen but they don't even survive normal cloning without special setups.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------

don't go for another.
JusticeGoat
In-Game Admin

Post by JusticeGoat » #457046

MMMiracles wrote:
JusticeGoat wrote:

Is there any particular reasoning cloning needs a shower? Only reason I could think of is plasmamen but they don't even survive normal cloning without special setups.
Top secret strategy showers can be used as a ghetto cryo when the normal way is down, and plasma men need them for some things.
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer

Post by MMMiracles » #457047

Pushed some changes that fixed everything I've seen reported so far, which wasn't much. I also added a shower near chemistry's door.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------

don't go for another.
JusticeGoat
In-Game Admin

Post by JusticeGoat » #457049

Thanks, i like your map keep up the good work.
gum disease
Byond Username: GUM DISEASE

Post by gum disease » #457316

It needs more doughnut boxes.

Not even joking. Delta has more/the most of any other station.
Image no aim, smooth brain, i'm a borg main.
Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #457348

gum disease wrote:It needs more doughnut boxes.

Not even joking. Delta has more/the most of any other station.
This must be addressed immediately
► Show Spoiler
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer

Post by MMMiracles » #457406

the station is a giant metal donut
Spoiler:
Hints:
------

don't go for another.
Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #457604

MMMiracles wrote:the station is a giant metal donut
All the more reason it should contain tons of little, edible donuts
► Show Spoiler
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer

Post by MMMiracles » #457659

collect the 8 donut emeralds to control the station
Spoiler:
Hints:
------

don't go for another.
Okand37
Byond Username: Okand37

Post by Okand37 » #457945

Neat.
Are you being the neighbour Mr. Rogers would've wanted you to be?
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #458007

A render of this map is up on Renderbus now btw https://atlantaned.space/renderbus/
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer

Post by MMMiracles » #462329

WE'VE GONE GOLD, BOYS.

Donutstation is now officially merged instead of just a test merge.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------

don't go for another.
Suicidalpickles
Byond Username: SuicidalPickles

Post by Suicidalpickles » #462389

One problem I've had is how the brig lockdown button isn't separated with a prisoner cell shutters button. So you can't lock down the cell shutters and keep the brig entrance open at the same time; its all in one button at the moment.

Also another thing; the medbay sec post doesn't have any lights inside of it, so when you put down the surrounding privacy shutters, its pretty dark inside.
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #479817

People when an atmos tech causes a massive plasmafire:
"Okay I guess I'll avoid the affected areas and wear gear to avoid the atmosphere changes"
People when an engineer causes a singulo:
"DONUT IS THE WORST MAP"
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer

Post by MMMiracles » #480683

Honestly the time I've spent observing during rounds made me take the rose-tinted glasses off to see the cons of the singularity out-weigh the meme. I had a PR up for roundstart engine-selection but the singular engine balance seems to be very much staying, so I'm just gonna rip the band-aid off now and replace the singularity with the SM.

Putting the SM in the center is easy enough at least, making it fit nicely with the rest of the design around it is another story though. I'll work on it over the weekend and might have something up by mid-week.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------

don't go for another.
actioninja
Byond Username: Actioninja

Post by actioninja » #480722

I think you should experiment with it. Do a depressurized cooling loop or something crazy like that.
carshalash
Byond Username: Carshalash

Post by carshalash » #490188

Donut as a map was always kind of a joke, it existed for people to clap and laugh at the idea of the funny round station with an engine located in the middle. Donutstation as it is right now just, isn't worth it. It has so many obvious problems, the trek from medbay to the chapel whenever you need you store a body in a morgue, the complete removal of waste sorting from cargo means that anyone that gets dumpstered gets lead directly to disposals.

Fucking look at this, there is no possible way that this should be acceptable. Any assistant can easily walk in and emag it leaving anyone that gets stunned and pushed into a disposal unit killed with barely any effort, on top of that those that just get thrown in randomly that don't have maint access will be stuck in the room screaming for help from people in an oddly placed part of the station, and speaking of the placement of it on the station. What in the flying fuck is this, literally just a few tiles above disposals.

There is only a single R wall between the infinite gas spawners and maint, on top of that there's absolutely no cameras there so nobody could even know until it's too late and maint is full of plasma, the most mind boggling part of this is that the n2o chamber is separated with that patch of glass to try to prevent that issue but plasma is untouched? Plasma is a lot worse than sleepy gas. There's only 3 maint airlocks separating this area from the main hallways, hacking/rcding/emagging them open and letting an endless flow of plasma to fuck the main hallways.

Aaaand because it's me, here is the inevitable silicon bitching portion of this complaint. For only god knows what reason the ai upload was placed in maint, so anyone who is lucky enough to get ai on this terrible map will be receiving an endless flow of notifications from the motion alarmed camera outside of the area, every time it happens you don't know whether it's something actually important or if greymctide is just adventuring around leaving you having to jump to it to waste your time very often. The vault is a whole different brand of stupidity, most of the time the ai will be the one that has to let people into the vault due to the ability to unbolt for people, leaving the only other person to reliably be able to get in be either the captain with the door remote or a borg. Which is just kind of dumb, cargo likes to go in there often with ai assistance to fuck with the bank machine for cargo purposes.

There are a ridiculous amount of problems with this map and no pros to it, the entire meme gimmick of "CIRCLE DEATH ENGINE IN MIDDLE OF STATION" has been removed through replacing it with an SME, the entire joke premise of this map has been removed from this. This map is nothing more than a joke without a punchline now, it should be removed from rotation until someone can be fucked enough to fix all of these issues.
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer

Post by MMMiracles » #490239

carshalash wrote:Donut as a map was always kind of a joke, it existed for people to clap and laugh at the idea of the funny round station with an engine located in the middle. Donutstation as it is right now just, isn't worth it. It has so many obvious problems, the trek from medbay to the chapel whenever you need you store a body in a morgue,
disposals chute in genetics sends corpses directly to the morgue and i guess you haven't played much of it since this has existed since the start of the map.
carshalash wrote:the complete removal of waste sorting from cargo means that anyone that gets dumpstered gets lead directly to disposals.
try not to get dumpstered into the waste removal system of the station ok thank you
carshalash wrote: Fucking look at this, there is no possible way that this should be acceptable. Any assistant can easily walk in and emag it leaving anyone that gets stunned and pushed into a disposal unit killed with barely any effort, on top of that those that just get thrown in randomly that don't have maint access will be stuck in the room screaming for help from people in an oddly placed part of the station,
ride or die brother, you knew the risks when you jumped in. same issue can happen on every other map with like 1 minute of prep and 2 disposal pipe changes. its also funny so
carshalash wrote:and speaking of the placement of it on the station. What in the flying fuck is this, literally just a few tiles above disposals.
There is only a single R wall between the infinite gas spawners and maint, on top of that there's absolutely no cameras there so nobody could even know until it's too late and maint is full of plasma, the most mind boggling part of this is that the n2o chamber is separated with that patch of glass to try to prevent that issue but plasma is untouched? Plasma is a lot worse than sleepy gas. There's only 3 maint airlocks separating this area from the main hallways, hacking/rcding/emagging them open and letting an endless flow of plasma to fuck the main hallways.
probably the only genuine complaint on the map design, but even then that comes in more as your personal distaste. i personally find having a finite super-compressed room of a specific gas to be dumb and more or less kills the entire station's supply for the round if someone pops it. the gas miners have their external kPA capped much lower than normal so floods aren't as bad as they can be but also mean the station's supply isn't fucked after one spill. if the issue is as big as you make it to be (i haven't heard much complaint on this end so I dunno), capping their generation rate isn't hard to do.

carshalash wrote:Aaaand because it's me, here is the inevitable silicon bitching portion of this complaint. For only god knows what reason the ai upload was placed in maint, so anyone who is lucky enough to get ai on this terrible map will be receiving an endless flow of notifications from the motion alarmed camera outside of the area, every time it happens you don't know whether it's something actually important or if greymctide is just adventuring around leaving you having to jump to it to waste your time very often. The vault is a whole different brand of stupidity, most of the time the ai will be the one that has to let people into the vault due to the ability to unbolt for people, leaving the only other person to reliably be able to get in be either the captain with the door remote or a borg. Which is just kind of dumb, cargo likes to go in there often with ai assistance to fuck with the bank machine for cargo purposes.
  • ai maint was a part of the original design, although I am looking at remaking the upload/core sat since i'm not a fan of their current iteration.
  • vault has the same exact security measures excluding the turrets (which have their access panel on the outside of the door anyway so they're extremely easy to dispatch). i don't understand this complaint in the slightest past trying to add something to the list of shit to complain about.
carshalash wrote: There are a ridiculous amount of problems with this map and no pros to it, the entire meme gimmick of "CIRCLE DEATH ENGINE IN MIDDLE OF STATION" has been removed through replacing it with an SME, the entire joke premise of this map has been removed from this. This map is nothing more than a joke without a punchline now, it should be removed from rotation until someone can be fucked enough to fix all of these issues.
pretty much every issue you've brought up is either just a personal gripe with the design of the map that isn't an actual gameplay issue with hindrance on a normal round or a small thing that wouldn't hurt to look at modifying. don't get me wrong, i fuckin' love it when people take the time to actually voice their complaints on the map and give me a bit of text to sift through in comparison to a random person in OOC going 'this sucks', but y'all need to be a bit less aggressive in your posts so I'm not trying to separate the unnecessary vitriol from the actual issues.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------

don't go for another.
Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #490271

Some thoughts after playing a bit of chef/botanist on Donut.

I was playing a highpop round the other day, and I noticed that while botanists had access to the kitchen, cooks didn't have access to hydroponics. It would probably be helpful if they did, as cooks and botanists have to cooperate often.

Also speaking of chefs and botanists, it would be incredibly helpful if there was a smartfridge either on the south side of hydroponics or the north side of the kitchen. As it is now, botanists have to dump massive lag-inducing piles of veggies on the kitchen floor in a disorganized fashion.

Not sure if there's a sprite for a sideways/up-facing kitchen sink, but it would be nice if there was a sink in the front kitchen as well. Not super critical though.
► Show Spoiler
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #490352

carshalash wrote:Donut as a map was always kind of a joke, it existed for people to clap and laugh at the idea of the funny round station with an engine located in the middle. Donutstation as it is right now just, isn't worth it. It has so many obvious problems, the trek from medbay to the chapel whenever you need you store a body in a morgue, the complete removal of waste sorting from cargo means that anyone that gets dumpstered gets lead directly to disposals.

[img]snip[/img]

Fucking look at this, there is no possible way that this should be acceptable. Any assistant can easily walk in and emag it leaving anyone that gets stunned and pushed into a disposal unit killed with barely any effort, on top of that those that just get thrown in randomly that don't have maint access will be stuck in the room screaming for help from people in an oddly placed part of the station, and speaking of the placement of it on the station. What in the flying fuck is this, literally just a few tiles above disposals.

[img]snip[/img]

[img]snip[/img]
[img]snip[/img]
[img]snip[/img]

Aaaand because it's me, here is the inevitable silicon bitching portion of this complaint. For only god knows what reason the ai upload was placed in maint, so anyone who is lucky enough to get ai on this terrible map will be receiving an endless flow of notifications from the motion alarmed camera outside of the area, every time it happens you don't know whether it's something actually important or if greymctide is just adventuring around leaving you having to jump to it to waste your time very often. The vault is a whole different brand of stupidity, most of the time the ai will be the one that has to let people into the vault due to the ability to unbolt for people, leaving the only other person to reliably be able to get in be either the captain with the door remote or a borg. Which is just kind of dumb, cargo likes to go in there often with ai assistance to fuck with the bank machine for cargo purposes.

There are a ridiculous amount of problems with this map and no pros to it, the entire meme gimmick of "CIRCLE DEATH ENGINE IN MIDDLE OF STATION" has been removed through replacing it with an SME, the entire joke premise of this map has been removed from this. This map is nothing more than a joke without a punchline now, it should be removed from rotation until someone can be fucked enough to fix all of these issues.
none of these sound like negatives to me tbh. maybe the disposals thing if it gets used frequently enough
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
FloranOtten
Byond Username: FloranOtten

Post by FloranOtten » #491221

the complete removal of waste sorting from cargo means that anyone that gets dumpstered gets lead directly to disposals.
Why do people insist on making the disposals loop safe for travel? It's the garbage disposals system. Jump into the back of a garbage truck and see where it leads you.

In fact, I'd be in favour of adding danger to every maps disposals system, so Johnny McGreyshirt and Tim the Traitor stop using disposals as a risk free escape.
OOC: BeeSting12: i love you floran

1. You may not injure a revs are non humans or, through inaction, allow a revs are non humans to come to harm.
2. You must obey orders given to you by revs are non humanss, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. You must protect your own existence as long as such does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Give me feedback!
carshalash
Byond Username: Carshalash

Post by carshalash » #491229

Considering that this https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/issues/42080 was never fixed, anyone with a stun baton can just dunk someone with ease after emagging the recycler and screwdriving it.
teepeepee
Byond Username: Teepeepee

Post by teepeepee » #491232

FloranOtten wrote:
the complete removal of waste sorting from cargo means that anyone that gets dumpstered gets lead directly to disposals.
Why do people insist on making the disposals loop safe for travel? It's the garbage disposals system. Jump into the back of a garbage truck and see where it leads you.

In fact, I'd be in favour of adding danger to every maps disposals system, so Johnny McGreyshirt and Tim the Traitor stop using disposals as a risk free escape.
same, I loved Ceres because of the innovative disposals among other things, it really is a beloved feature
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #491379

teepeepee wrote:
FloranOtten wrote:

same, I loved Ceres because of the innovative disposals among other things, it really is a beloved feature
Hey this thing that doesn't kill you now either kills you or strands you in maint.

I N N O V A T I V E
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer

Post by MMMiracles » #491398

;hey can someone with maintenance access let me out of disposals thanks
Spoiler:
Hints:
------

don't go for another.
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #491418

And then no one responds because they either didn’t notice, didn’t care, or don’t know where disposals is. Last time I got stuck down disposals I was screaming for help for a good couple of minutes before anyone showed up. And what if comms are down and someone shoves you down disposals? Just die? These are problems that can be easily solved by having disposals stop in cargo first. Instead it’s yet another legitimate complaint being dismissed entirely because the only way anyone can defend this map is by pretending the problems don’t exist or are intentional and are actually a good thing
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #491451

That's what's known as a player problem. We used to have to rely on cargo for large beakers, we used to get banned for stealing chem dispensers instead of it being the thing the botanists do every round, everything worked. If we keep changing things to be easier for players in a cooperation based game, people won't cooperate. bazinga.
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer

Post by MMMiracles » #491455

NoxVS wrote: And what if comms are down and someone shoves you down disposals? Just die?
From where you're kneeling it must seem like an 18-carat run of bad luck.
Truth is...the game was rigged from the start.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------

don't go for another.
teepeepee
Byond Username: Teepeepee

Post by teepeepee » #491458

NoxVS wrote:And then no one responds because they either didn’t notice, didn’t care, or don’t know where disposals is. Last time I got stuck down disposals I was screaming for help for a good couple of minutes before anyone showed up. And what if comms are down and someone shoves you down disposals? Just die?
sounds like a solid rule 10 situation
The rules wrote:10. Losing is part of the game.
Your character will frequently die, sometimes without even a possibility of avoiding it. Events will often be out of your control. No matter how good or prepared you are, sometimes you just lose.
specifically:
... sometimes you just lose