[BeeSting12] Ban appeal- IUrmYeah

Appeals which have been closed.
IUrmYeah
Byond Username: IUrmYeah

[BeeSting12] Ban appeal- IUrmYeah

Post by IUrmYeah » #458379

Byond account and character name: IUrmYeah. Character name I was banned on: TimothyTea

Banning admin: BeeSting12

Ban type (What are you banned from?): tg station 13 Bagil.

Ban reason and length: Permanent. Metacomms with TimothyTea

Time ban was placed (including time zone): 21:10
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Bagil

Your side of the story: Me and my friend who I had met on tg had spoken through discord via text chat (NOT voice chat). About the upcoming round, we never actually spoke during the round. And we decided one of us would be Captain. I as the captain was wandering about the station, heading to the various departments speaking to the heads of those departments when I bumped into my friend (TimothyTea) in the medbay. My friend (TimothyTea) became a Geneticist and so we used the Geneticist role to make each-other look identical and then decided to both be captains, just for a laugh. Again, we did not use voice within Discord nor text chat during the round. We both decided to have the same names through discord, during the loading of the round. So there we were both as Captains, he was attacked by somebody in the Captain's lounge, I did not know he was being attacked, as I was going to head up and make an announcement. I ended up being put in CRIT state and was stashed in a locker by the antagonist. I died in the locker. TimothyTea found me, as he was opening up the locker in search of an item. And then we were both question by the admin BeeSting12 who theN banned us on the ASSUMPTION that we were talking through discord/Teamspeak during the round.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I feel the ban was unjust, with the admin being a little frustrated that we were being creative and not just thinking inside the box. There is no evidence to prove we were using a voice channel/text channel outside of BYOND during the round. And a permanent ban with no evidence at all is slightly unfair.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Re: Permanent Ban appeal- IUrmYeah

Post by BeeSting12 » #458386

I doubt you weren't talking out of the game since you didn't say a word to each other IC, and this is while you're changing genetics, dressing each other up, etc. It's plausible that he coincidentally opened the locker, but I already had enough evidence by then. Even if you weren't metacomming, you were metafriending, which means giving IC benefits to your OOC friends. Giving your metabud captain gear and running around with him isn't creative nor is it thinking outside the box.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
BeeSting12

Re: [BeeSting12] Ban appeal- IUrmYeah

Post by BeeSting12 » #458387

additionally the round is still going, and you can't appeal while the round's going as that's IC in OOC.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
IUrmYeah
Byond Username: IUrmYeah

Post by IUrmYeah » #458392

Please provide some of the evidence you have that we "may" have been talking OOC. Also either way, "metafriending" is not a permanent ban. Also, how is there a rule about giving someone I know OOC my gear? Especially if I met them through SS13. That rule is based off of assumptions. How do staff/other people know that the person I'm giving my spare gear to is somebody I know out of character/outside of SS13? I could give a random person my gear, just because I've played with them through the server enough times and recognise their name. That doesn't mean I know them OOC?
Ispiria
Byond Username: Ispiria

Post by Ispiria » #458488

https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Rules

Main server rule 2

Do not use information gained outside of in character means.
I.e.. metagaming. This especially refers to communication between players outside of the game via things like Skype, known as metacomms. Characters are otherwise allowed to know everything about ingame mechanics or antagonists, as well as keep persistent friendships or relationships with other characters when not for the purpose of unfair advantage by teaming up together for little IC reason
BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #458844

I'm just going to deny this and your friend's appeal. Whether it's metacomming or metafriending- I really think it's the former because you didn't say a word to each other the whole round- it was against the rules and gives the two of you an unfair advantage over others. This is cheating, which is why it's a longer ban then nearly anything else. If you want to continue playing here, then play on another server for three months or so, show you have a good record there, and I'll let you back in. Same applies to your friend, though if both of you appeal at the same time, I'll let you two back in with an appearance ban so you can't metafriend without it being really obvious.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:

hows my driving?