Missing golem types! Brainstorming

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Kryson
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Kryson

Missing golem types! Brainstorming

Post by Kryson » #459285

I noticed that some material types do not have a corresponding golem! As a big fan of the golems i think this should be remedied.

Here are my ideas so far:

Cardboard

- Not immune to fire but also not as vulnerable to it as cloth golems.
+ Can absorb 10 cardboard sheets in order to create a carboard golem shell! Recycling!

Leather

- Probably not entirely immune to fire either
+ Its grabs starts out as aggressive due to its strong whip-like fingers! Throw your foes!

Bronze

- It makes the annoying bronze boots clanking sound when walking.
+ ??? (Please help me come up with an appropriate upside considering how easy bronze is to make)

Other possible golem types i have not given much though yet:

Plasma glass
Bone
Plastitanium glass
Durathread(Is this implemented? I have never seen this materal, but it sounds cool)
Sandstone

Please post your idea in this thread.

I would be willing to spend some money get a few new cool golems coded. I saw that Qustinnus was looking for paid coding work, he might be interested in this if we come up with something cool.
Last edited by Kryson on Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
somerandomguy
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Re: Missing golem types! Brainstorming

Post by somerandomguy » #459293

Plasma glass should be immune to fire entirely and somewhat strong against brute but still shatter on death
The upside of bronze should also be the clanking
Telecrystal golem [:^)] uses all 20 tc, can't be killed or gibbed, and very slowly heals in crit
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #459294

From https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... start=3309
Farquaar wrote:ImageCheese GolemsImage
Made out of 2 or 3 cheese wheels
Can be eaten like a cak, regenerates health over time like a cak
Tastes like cheese and magic
Turns into several cheese wedges when killed by brute damage
Turns into burnt food when killed by burn damage
► Show Spoiler
Kryson
Code Maintainer

Post by Kryson » #459297

somerandomguy wrote:Plasma glass should be immune to fire entirely and somewhat strong against brute but still shatter on death
The upside of bronze should also be the clanking
Telecrystal golem [:^)] uses all 20 tc, can't be killed or gibbed, and very slowly heals in crit
I feel making plasma glass golems immune to fire would be stepping a bit too much on the toes of the titanium golem that is supposed to be the heat resistant one.

One idea i had was to making it a glass golem+ like how the plastitanium golem is titanium golem+, perhaps they only take double brute damage instead of triple? Might be a bit too boring.

My other idea was for the golem to chip on hit and throw a plasma glass shard in a random direction(preferably after taking more than x damage). I believe plasma glass shards do something like 12 damage when thrown.

I think telecrystal golem could be cool although i feel the idea could be quite controversial. I don't think it should take more than 10 sheets of any material to fill up a golem shell.
delaron
Byond Username: Delaron

Post by delaron » #459338

I want a musical golem... maybe bone Golem whistle walks? Like a bone flute
-------
I'm not smart enough to meme.
Swindly
Byond Username: Swindly

Post by Swindly » #459366

I wanted to make snow golems but that would require fixing snow which some people seem to be against.
Durathread(Is this implemented?
Yes. It's a cotton mutation.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #459374

Concentrated Bananium Golems. Requires 3x more bananium to make, but is 3x more squeaky, has an EVEN LOUDER voice, leaves a trail of tiny bananas when walking, and large bluespace when hurt, and has the power to shoot banana bullets once every minute. Name is automatically God.

Water Golems. Just use a container full of at least 50 units of water on a shell. Completely immune to all damage, but any type of stun weapon does 50 damage, a 15 second stun, followed by a 5 second forced crawl. If a tesla gun is used on one, it should insta crit, and then immediately jump to the next person with twice as much power as it normally would have. They should have a cool flowing sprite, and wet floors if damaged by non stun weapons.

Prism/Diamond Golem. As far as I know, diamonds are the best prism like object we got. They deflect light based projectiles (laser, disabler) in a random direction.

Nuclear Golem. Made by putting the self destruct core and SM sliver into a golem. Whenever they talk they blare the nuke noise. They constantly emit tons of radiation. When hurt they release a CLF3 cloud and even more radiation. When killed, they nuke the station.
[this space reserved]
Kryson
Code Maintainer

Post by Kryson » #459570

Durathread

-Is about as flammable as a wooden golem
+Does more oxygen damage when choking someone out(Is this feasible to code?)
+Applies a choking strand status effect upon punching someone, this does residual oxygen :bluetank: damage until resisted out of like a improvised bola. The damage should be meaningful.

Arguably quite powerful, but this balanced by durathread being relatively hard to obtain by the xenobiologist. I think it is quite fair considering how some easy to make golems such silver and wood can be very powerful.

Encourages interdepartmental cooperation.
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #463816

duratread is fire resistant
Kryson
Code Maintainer

Post by Kryson » #463846

Tlaltecuhtli wrote:duratread is fire resistant
In this PR, i made sure all the new durathread clothes have decent fire resistance.

If we imagine durathread being an aramid fibre, I think of it more like Kevlar in that it burns very poorly rather than Nomex which wont ignite at all.

I would also like to announce that we might actually see some new golems in game if people are receptive to this. Here is a PR I have finger in bringing about:

https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/41951

4 out of 5 golem types have been announced.