Banning Admin - Subject217 ---- Lady Ari

Appeals which have been closed.
LadyAri
Byond Username: Belchinganna

Banning Admin - Subject217 ---- Lady Ari

Post by LadyAri » #460547

So out of no where my name Lady Ari is banned, ive had the name for roughly almost 6ish years? It's my only character I play on, and I have multiple friends that know me as that and it'd really be fucking shitty to just have to change out of no where.

Title/subject:
[admin name] player name - fluff text

Post Content:
So out of no where my name Lady Ari is banned, ive had the name for roughly almost 6ish years? It's my only character I play on, and I have multiple friends that know me as that and it'd really be fucking shitty to just have to change out of no where.

Byond account and character name:Belchinganna Lady Ari
Banning admin: subject217
Ban type (What are you banned from?): being my character ive had since i started
Ban reason and length: my name isn't an actual name or something stupid, permanent until resolved
Time ban was placed (including time zone):6PM mountain
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil):
Your side of the story: its my name ive used since day 0
Why you think you should be unbanned:

Why is this an issue now? I've had the name for as long as i can remember, no one has ever complained or said anything, my characters name is Lady Ari and it always has been. Can i have my characters name back so I can play again?
Last edited by LadyAri on Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
subject217
Github User
Byond Username: Subject217
Github Username: subject217

Re: Banning Admin - Subject217 ---- Lady Ari

Post by subject217 » #460548

Hey just an FYI but you have to use the appeal format for this, please. Also technically the round is still ongoing.

Two things here. First off, here's the actual ban note:
Refused to change their name from Lady Ari. Quite adamant about it, so to the forums you go.

Second, I didn't decide on this out of nowhere, a headmin told me to do it.
Last edited by subject217 on Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
LadyAri

Post by LadyAri » #460550

subject217 wrote:Hey just an FYI but you have to use the appeal format for this, please. Also technically the round is still ongoing.
http://www.babynamewizard.com/baby-name/girl/lady
LadyAri

Post by LadyAri » #460551

subject217 wrote:Hey just an FYI but you have to use the appeal format for this, please. Also technically the round is still ongoing.
Does it matter if its still an on going round or not? I'm sitting there just having fun breeding 2d slimes and I gotta alt tab to deal with some lame shit like this come on man be real
subject217
Github User
Byond Username: Subject217
Github Username: subject217

Post by subject217 » #460552

The round is over now so it doesn't matter anymore. I could have moved it but I let it fly because eh. I'm just waiting for a head admin response to this thread.
LadyAri

Post by LadyAri » #460553

subject217 wrote:The round is over now so it doesn't matter anymore. I could have moved it but I let it fly because eh. I'm just waiting for a head admin response to this thread.
yeah me too man so we can all just move on from something so incredibly stupid, think how my slimes feel right now, are you gonna feed them? yeh right
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #460556

Getting your metaclique to harass the banning admin in ooc was a nice touch. Really endears us to you.
LadyAri

Post by LadyAri » #460558

Last edited by LadyAri on Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
LadyAri

Post by LadyAri » #460559

LadyAri wrote:
oranges wrote:Getting your metaclique to harass the banning admin in ooc was a nice touch. Really endears us to you.
I don't have a metaclique, and I don't fucking run anybody, and if it came off that way maybe it actually IS ridiculous huh? And of course i brought it up in OOC, its literally silly. I even asked lexia to come and look at the thread, is she apart of my "metaclique" too?I mean, I do say hi to her and she says hi back, and I occasionally send her money on paypal but everyone knows that.

"Really endears us to you."

I'm not trying to be your friend or take you out on a date, I'm just trying to get my name back that I've always used since I started this game on these servers.
LadyAri

Post by LadyAri » #460561

subject217 wrote:The round is over now so it doesn't matter anymore. I could have moved it but I let it fly because eh. I'm just waiting for a head admin response to this thread.
thanks for not moving it, i didnt even see this msg
lmwevil
Byond Username: Lmwevil

Post by lmwevil » #460567

we can see all message edits, so that blank message is real odd. If you want it deleted we can do that though

anyway onto the point "almost 6ish years" yeah you may have had it for sixish years

unfortunately policy can change and there's been a recent push by headmins and other admins to enforce naming policy and get some RP back to tg, so you're likely just caught in the fire here. yeah it sucks, and if this sticks it'll suck for you and your buds, but rules do change and what was formerly acceptable may not be now because of current headministration
LadyAri

Post by LadyAri » #460571

lmwevil wrote:we can see all message edits, so that blank message is real odd. If you want it deleted we can do that though

anyway onto the point "almost 6ish years" yeah you may have had it for sixish years

unfortunately policy can change and there's been a recent push by headmins and other admins to enforce naming policy and get some RP back to tg, so you're likely just caught in the fire here. yeah it sucks, and if this sticks it'll suck for you and your buds, but rules do change and what was formerly acceptable may not be now because of current headministration
the blank message isnt odd i quoted my self on accident.

It just seems silly no? I'm just going to change my name to Leydi (a real name) Leydi "Lady Ari" ari.

How is that not more obnoxious than just my old name?

Also what about shoesnatchin willy? Ya guys gonna do him like this too? A preprogrammed in name?

This is just so silly, I've ALWAYS used this name and character, ive made many in game friends, and why does that have to change because you all don't like my name having an "honorific" even though lady is an actual name?

--------------------------------------------------
http://www.babynamewizard.com/baby-name/girl/lady
--------------------------------------------------

17 out of every million.

It's a real name, it's my characters name, its all I've ever used, i'd like it back please. My name isn't Mike Hawk, my name isn't Mike Rotch, my name isn't Ivana tinkle, etc, its just fucking Lady Ari god damn you people are weird

Those are names that I'd understand getting upset about, but apparently some anonymous person is triggered by my name, yet shit like above always flys, and guess what, it SHOULD, cause that shit is FUNNY.
Last edited by LadyAri on Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #460572

https://www.babycenter.com/baby-names-lady-59275.htm

also Lady Gaga. Checkmate atheists.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
LadyAri

Post by LadyAri » #460573

BeeSting12 wrote:https://www.babycenter.com/baby-names-lady-59275.htm

also Lady Gaga. Checkmate atheists.
Watch that simpsons video BeeSting12 its great.

I'm not just telling you that cause you're my metaclique buddy and we hang out at the bar all the time on fridays discussing your issues with your wife, im telling yuo that cause you're my brother

also what if I just like the name Lady Ari and ask the HoP to change it to that in game every single round? I'm roleplaying my character who wants to change their name to something they like. Whatever my character name is i hate it, my parents gave me a name i didnt like or choose, and its 2XXX they cant tell me who i am anymore, so I name change at the HoP line to Lady Ari. Or Mike Hawk, or Ivana Tinkle, or Drew P. Weena. This whole situation is silly and so unthought out. Like, you guys had a thing that was working, get rid of names that are absolutely OOC, wow, thats logical. But this? this is just stupid.

or I can play with whatever random character you always give me, whatever random name, go and get the ventriloquist dummy and just speak through the microphone with the name Lady Ari offending absolutely NO ONE except whoever is crazy enough to put rules like this.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #460790

This is awaiting discussion among the headmins, I'm gonna go ahead and lock it in the meantime since there's already been a spate of peanut posting, however well intentioned it may be.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
Nervere
Byond Username: Nervere
Github Username: nervere

Post by Nervere » #463179

I’d like to start by apologizing for the long delay on this appeal. It’s abnormal of us to wait so long to reply, but we didn’t want to touch this before changing naming policy, and unfortunately we ran into a few hurdles while doing that.
With the change in naming policy, we won’t be grandfathering in names, but based on what you’ve said in this appeal, I’m willing to believe that you are genuinely using, and have been using, Lady as a first name rather than an honorific.
I’m almost wary of this because I feel that it could set a precedent of claiming a title is your first name, but at the same time it’s pretty obvious that this isn’t the case for you and the name is in good faith.
Your appeal is accepted, and your ban will be lifted, thanks for appealing.

EDIT: I also want to say this: this ban was not Subject’s ban, for the love of God people, leave him alone about it.
If it weren’t made abundantly clear by this thread, the policy thread, and his feedback thread, Subject only applied this ban at Arianya’s request. He really didn’t want to be involved and had disagreed with the ban the whole way through.