Random Mapping

Mapping Ideas and Sprite Galleries
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Random Mapping

Post by NikNakFlak » #2219

Mapping was always hard for me. Tried it once, and I think I could hash something out if I tried, but it would take awhile. I might design an away mission one day. Show your random mapping creations here. I mostly made this so I could show off this:

Why you ask? Because why not?
cultist-chan
Byond Username: Corruptroulette

Re: Random Mapping

Post by cultist-chan » #2225

best away mission
10/10
AseaHeru
Rarely plays

Post by AseaHeru » #2910

I will shove in images here soon, dont worry.
I am located here, lurking in your posts, leaving piles of transparent wordings and being confused. Oh, I also try to map...

This, this is an example of what I leave for you.
Also, these days I mostly play Ursit McStation, mostly because I like roleplay.
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #8097

I've been carving out a big ol' spessship in dead space/system shock style for a while but I'm not sure if I'll ever finish it. Also people should update this thread with their WIPs more because mapping is fun.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
AseaHeru
Rarely plays

Post by AseaHeru » #8357

I... cant see that...

And I may shove in some of my sketches in here.
I am located here, lurking in your posts, leaving piles of transparent wordings and being confused. Oh, I also try to map...

This, this is an example of what I leave for you.
Also, these days I mostly play Ursit McStation, mostly because I like roleplay.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #14349

paprika wrote:Image

I've been carving out a big ol' spessship in dead space/system shock style for a while but I'm not sure if I'll ever finish it. Also people should update this thread with their WIPs more because mapping is fun.
Could you make that image smaller please? I can still see vague detail.

(but seriously make it bigger, I actually want to see this, it looks interesting.)
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #14434

I lost literally all my progress on it so no minimap is all you get
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Neerti
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Neerti

Post by Neerti » #17966

Is it magic? No
Is it real? No
It's the power of step_trigger/teleport and deception.
ImageImage
- Game Admin -
Feel free to PM me on the forums or IRC with questions, concerns, feedback, or just talk about stuff.
Have I not met my hitler quota this month?
Jordie0608
Site Admin
Byond Username: Jordie0608
Github Username: Jordie0608

Post by Jordie0608 » #17978

Could also be done with bump_teleporters on the doors, but that probably wouldn't turn out as smooth.
Forum Admin
Send me a PM if you have any issues, concerns or praise of fishfood to express about the forums.
Neerti
Rarely plays

Post by Neerti » #19540

The first Nanotrasen/Syndicate peace conference.
Two minutes later.
Spoiler:
ImageImage
- Game Admin -
Feel free to PM me on the forums or IRC with questions, concerns, feedback, or just talk about stuff.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #19541

Neerti wrote:
Spoiler:
No matter what, the CMO always get absorbed by a Changeling.
Neerti
Rarely plays

Post by Neerti » #19546

That's actually a revhead.
ImageImage
- Game Admin -
JStheguy
Byond Username: JStheguy

Post by JStheguy » #28159

Maint Bar.
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #28446

I know this is an absolutely atrocious, zoomed out, smudged out looking image but I don't know how to easily screenshot the entire map without having to take like 200 screenies at 128 view range from the admin panel.

I just wanted to try out re-mapping the mining asteroid because I think it's a pretty boring experience. I made this one in big chunks because I wanted to try and break up the "dig straight in one direction" esque sort of mining that everyone does. The abandoned station to the south-east is a broken down version of the mining dorms side of the current asteroid. The main mining station is in the center of the asteroid with a separate smeltery building to the left, so you can still smelt stuff if for some reason you don't want to cash it in. To the north east is the labor camp mini-roid with a hidden gambler's den that gives prisoners a place to hide away. I've still got a lot left to do, mostly fixing up all the apc's, vents, and air alarms I fucked up the dir on.
edit: also you can't see it because it's an area thing but about right where the selection box is, is where the syndie shuttle appears should they choose to go to mining.
I might just wind up taking individual area screenshots and uploading them or something later.

Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Post by Cipher3 » #28452

So what's the northeast bit and also that would be confusing for nukeops to navigate through if they're not well versed with mining layouts.
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #28468

Cipher3 wrote:So what's the northeast bit
TheWiznard wrote:To the north east is the labor camp mini-roid with a hidden gambler's den that gives prisoners a place to hide away.
Yeah I can see how if this was a new map that it would be unfamiliar to nuke ops at first. But over time a new map becomes an old map. I know that isn't really the best excuse to leave something the way it is. I can try to move the shuttle down a bit so you can easily see the cracked part of the 'roid that goes right into the center.

10/3 e: also it's not like it's any easier for ops on the current asteroid; you start north east of the roid with no sense of direction, and the only way ops know where they are going is because the map has been the same for almost forever. Lately I've gotten back into map editing and I've moved the shuttle and abandoned stations around so that the shuttle appears to the south east next to mining tcomms (which is in it's own separate building a ways off from the main outpost. You just have to follow the tunnel to the center of the roid, just like on the current map which isn't that difficult to figure out.
Last edited by TheWiznard on Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #28926

Neerti wrote:Image

Is it magic? No
Is it real? No
OH MY GOD! You made multiple floors to a space station!? This changes EVERYTHING!
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #28954

peoplearestrange wrote:

Is it magic? No
Is it real? No
OH MY GOD! You made multiple floors to a space station!? This changes EVERYTHING!
http://baystation12.net/forums/viewtopi ... 20&t=11190
Raven776
Byond Username: Raven776

Post by Raven776 » #28960

I remember that multiple floors thing. It's on Artyom Centcomm.

The place is pretty sweet and the events held there are fun. And there's a giant improbability drive in that top floor just off screen.
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #29074

Raven776 wrote:I remember that multiple floors thing. It's on Artyom Centcomm.

The place is pretty sweet and the events held there are fun. And there's a giant improbability drive in that top floor just off screen.
TO ARTYOM!
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #33246

Here's another horribly small zoomed out image http://puu.sh/bXCWu/cac9de465a.jpg . I might get around to making a bigger image one of these days if I stop procrastinating
TheWiznard wrote: 10/3 e: also it's not like it's any easier for ops on the current asteroid; you start north east of the roid with no sense of direction, and the only way ops know where they are going is because the map has been the same for almost forever. Lately I've gotten back into map editing and I've moved the shuttle and abandoned stations around so that the shuttle appears to the south east next to mining tcomms (which is in it's own separate building a ways off from the main outpost. You just have to follow the tunnel to the center of the roid, just like on the current map which isn't that difficult to figure out.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #33254

The asteroid 'safe' section (low droprate) should be smaller than the dangerous section if possible
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #33276

paprika wrote:The asteroid 'safe' section (low droprate) should be smaller than the dangerous section if possible
Maybe I'll try to change the bits to the direct right of the station to the high drop rate and actually yeah that that sounds good I think I'll merge the bits on the direct right into a singular chunk and change it to high drop rate again w/ caves and stuff

double edit: I don't know what I find so fun/interesting about map making in byond but it's just like super enjoyable for me

10/5 edit: http://puu.sh/c14uP/421b6e44b7.jpg made the safe section a lot smaller compared to the dangerous asteroid, you can't see it in this small image but i also fixed up a lot of the APC/air alarm/intercomms that I fucked up on after testing the map out to see how the tunnels generate.
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #35707

"wiznard you double posting shitlorde no one cares about your shitty half finished mining asteroid remakes"
Well it's been about five days since the last post and I don't know I had a really (seemingly) good idea. I sort of stopped what I was doing with the other asteroid for now and have been focusing on ringroid here is a shitty image I just took a few moments ago http://i.imgur.com/0aRmLs9.png. The idea is that NT or whatever has the smaller asteroid captured for safe mining or whatever and the more dangerous asteroid is gonna be surrounding this ringroid in...you guessed it a ring. There is a single high change node in the center of the babby roid that might get removed who knows. ignore that square asteroid patch on the far right, it's just a visual placeholder for where the mining pod lands. you also can't see it cause I didn't really screencap effectively but there is one of those two tile airlocks where the pod comes in. I don't know how it would look but having a vertical version of the double door would be nice but w/e. Because I'm going for more of a minimalist sort of vibe to this station I don't know if I want to add dorm kitchen right awa..scratch that I think I'll wind up adding a different section to each of the four little mini stations around the smaller roid, ie: one is sleeper, one is kitchen, one is dorms. I'll add the old smelter and maybe the mint on a slightly abandoned half finished base on the start of the dangerous roid so that if you want to use them you have to say re-power an apc or add plasma to a pacman to power the smes or something.
Phalanx300
Byond Username: Phalanx300

Post by Phalanx300 » #36141

Is it magic? No
Is it real? No
Wait so why isn't this a thing? And we can do this ourselves with mapping? Was planning a Nostromo map but that would need several layers (Alien Isolation provides full map of ship and its interior!).
JStheguy
Byond Username: JStheguy

Post by JStheguy » #36209

Spess criminal hideout, complete with spess rape van.
Jordie0608
Site Admin

Post by Jordie0608 » #36242

Phalanx300 wrote:Wait so why isn't this a thing? And we can do this ourselves with mapping? Was planning a Nostromo map but that would need several layers (Alien Isolation provides full map of ship and its interior!).
This creates only the illusion of multi-level ships, anything like atmos and bombs don't translate across it. Aside from those issues, yes it's very easy to set up.

Create a transition zone, like Neerti's stairwell, and place down some step_trigger/teleporters with the target_x _y and _z set to where you want the mob to be sent. And done. Remember to enclose the transition zone in unbreakable walls.

As a side idea, an elevator could be made with shuttle transition zones.
Forum Admin
Send me a PM if you have any issues, concerns or praise of fishfood to express about the forums.
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #37024

First attempt at mapping. Includes fancy shrubs.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #44834

Spoiler:
Put my novice skills to the test to try and improve the shuttle. It looks a little empty, but I think it's pretty good otherwise.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #45017

[img]http://puu.sh/d077D.jpg[/img]

I'm doing it again

A sneak peak of the NSSC Gibraltar, AKA "PILLAR OF AUTISM"
Jordie0608
Site Admin

Post by Jordie0608 » #45063

Oh geez, I thought you were joking when you said 'rectangle station'.
Forum Admin
VACAXD
Byond Username: VACAXD

Post by VACAXD » #45991

Security ministation

Spacezenegger

Post by Spacezenegger » #46065

Boxing arena I was making when Kor had a gateway designing contest around Christmas. The center of the arena would act like the holodeck giving contestants different arenas/options. Below the arena you had a betting area, the plan was you would be able to be bet each other on the outcome of each fight. While the fight was on-going the items would be 'safely' teleported to the vault which is located at the bottom left. If you were clever enough you'd be able to break in and steal everything.

On the invidiual sides you had the team's locker room, training room, and office area, but I never got around to decorating the interior for that.

Next to the betting area, on the left, was a bar/kitchen area, and on the right side was an arcade section. This was when there was a small idea of converting the prizes from the arcade machines into tickets you could redeem. There was also two of those basketball hoop games you always see that Chuckie Cheese.

The bottom area had your vault, 'command center' and the 'manager's office'.' The command center essentially controlled the whole station, having light switches, access to computers, and the SMES. The whole arena was powered by two permanently stage one singularities. The manager's office was more for RP, the map itself relies on people willing to RP and not be a dick so I didn't know if it would be popular or not.
flazeo25

Post by flazeo25 » #52920

A random kitchen design I thought of.