Birdboat station

Mapping Ideas and Sprite Galleries
Denton
Byond Username: Denton-30
Github Username: 81Denton

Birdboat station

Post by Denton » #464151

PR link: https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/40907

Let's discuss Birdboat station - what do you like or dislike? What would you improve?
Kryson
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Kryson

Re: Birdboat station

Post by Kryson » #464234

I like that is comfy, there are lots of interesting items and machines available in maint and elsewhere. I like the asteroids attached to the station since it allows you to carve you hidden rooms.

What i dislike:
Mass griefing to change the map, we had two traitors syndicate bomb the center of the map 4noraisin within 10 minutes, very unusual on Terry. The round turned into a real struggle for survival and i think like 4 people out ~35 of evacuated including me.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #464248

I for one like birdboat. I found it fun and I was there during highpop, which is not ideal.

Naturally it won’t be as polished as meta or delta so it’ll get some hate but it’s to be expected.
[this space reserved]
Electronics
Github User
Byond Username: Electronics111
Github Username: Electronics

Post by Electronics » #464254

I do enjoy a new varied map, but as I've mentioned in the PR, there's a fair few things that need to be fixed before it comes into its prime time.
Skillywatt
Byond Username: Tiguar

Post by Skillywatt » #464399

issues
1. security needs a gulag

2. station in general needs at least basic atmos functionality; at least in the main halls if nothing else.

3. random weapons in maint is interesting but has obvious issues

4. I couldnt find a defib in medbay, I guess we're expected to lathe one? seems odd though we have "advanced" medical stuff like a cloner but a device you can find on random poles in walmart today is absent.

5. I like the thermal generator but the cold side is broke. the ingress/egress is backwards and has to be fixed every round.

positives:

1. I like the TEG

2. the minimalist map, while very easily griefable, is kinda interesting. it does favor traitors but I'd love to see how an extended round goes with respect to going full-autism and modifying the station

3. if youre a traitor, you can really get your griff on.