I am just...done

General SS13 Chat
firecage
Github User
Byond Username: Firecage
Github Username: Firecage

I am just...done

Post by firecage » #465158

Like no, seriously, I am fucking done with /tg/ especially. You just can't have any fun on it anymore. Whether is a traitor/ling/bloodbrother murderboning the entire station, or a traitor simply randomly killing people for the lols. Or heck, if its the SM rapidly delamming 5 minutes into the round and we end up with a TESLA fucking everything over, or a god damn wizard dying 5 minutes into the round.

Honestly, I can't have fun playing on these servers anymore. I do botany? Boom, someone decided to bomb botany for laughs. I try to do a construction project. Oh no wait, I randomly get killed. Or hell, I try to renovate the Derelict? Lol, nope, someone bombs it and me because they are an antag, so they can. Well, fuck that.

Not quitting SS13, just moving on to more saner servers. Maybe I will see you guys again in a few months, who the fuck knows. And yes, half of the player base is more toxic than foot-licking Zoey.
obscolene
Byond Username: Obscolene

Re: I am just...done

Post by obscolene » #465159

Bye.
[center]sc#4622 | everybodygangstauntilnig.ga (UPDATED FREQUENTLY)[/center]
[03:46:59]EMOTE: The Dreamweaver/(Steve Leaf) : <b>Steve Leaf</b> starts jacking lizard dick. (129,128,2)
[03:47:33]SAY: Steve Leaf/The Dreamweaver : OH FUCK IM CHOAKING (129,128,2)
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #465166

Gamer, as it is right now, TG station is the high speed variant of the ss13 experience.

Everything goes to shit, and you don't really have a good chance at doing any of the long jobs like xenobio or maxed out botany unless your on terry/sybil

Things are changing, I believe. To your benefit

But if you cant stick with us for a while, I'd go play paradise. 3 hour shifts, a ticket vendor and shadowlings that end reality
► Show Spoiler
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #465174

have you tried sybil
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #465182

bandit wrote:have you tried sybil
Basil - ~1 hour typically (leaning to lower)
Sybil - ~2 hours (leaning to 2 to 2.5)
Terry - Unholy Hours (4+)
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #465189

See ya pal.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #465198

what is this the third or fourth time now?
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #465200

k
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #465300

K
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #465330

Put me in the screencap
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #465334

nobody cares tho
lmwevil
Byond Username: Lmwevil

Post by lmwevil » #465346

imagine being this upset over people disagreeing in a policy thread
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #465347

just get good lol
segundoblz
Byond Username: Segundoblz

Post by segundoblz » #465353

onii-chan
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #465358

Remember when we had an opportunity to send general feedback through the client? Well, I was after few whisky shots, so I was rambling and unfortunately found out that text box was too small to handle all my shitposting. What a shame, thankfuly I saved it all! What better time to post it than now!
Spoiler:
I hate hate this game. I hate what it's becoming. Back in the day it was simpler but it felt as a whole. Now we are getting more and more smaller games roughly connected together.

Lava planet. Stupid fucking idea. Have a "PvE" zone, where people fight monsters. Why? This game is supposed to be about the station. And serisouly, did no one predict this shit is gonna be powergamed to hell and back? Less then 10 minutes and most powergamy of fuckers will have the purple fucking staff monster killed, five more and they are decked in all sorts of gear. And then, they gonna look to get them valids on, or grief or do whatever the fuck. Mining ore is incidental, and only in service of getting more shit.

Xenobiolgy. Used to be a silly job where you would breed slimes. Grab them monkeys, shove them in. Separate slimes in pens. Follow the chart. Now everything is fucking automated. You sit on the god damn chair, in front of a computer, and do everything without even moving. Again, powergaming. Back in the day getting gold slime was an achievement that required work, now it's 15 minute mark. Fucking get golden core, spawn monsters, probably on the escape shuttle. Get sentient potions, give the to monsters, cause grief. Lmao lets make changelings. Fuck this.

Circuits. Actually impressive from coding standpoint, and you need some smarts (or pastebin) to do stuff. But why the fuck is this a thing? Again, to powergame. Build killbots. Build griefbots. If not, make stuff that feels like you're bending the laws of space and time (the game code) to achieve things that shouldn't be IC possible.

Fucking sentient disease. Dude contagion lmao. Again, the player just does shit for his own sake. The interaction with everyone else is just to cause grief.

And fucking ghost roles. Dude lets go to another station and rebuild it. Dude lets have a a syndicate base where we do syndicate stuff. Dude lets spam shit over radio.

Literally each is its own minigame, the effects you then release into the wild. Fuck this.

And I hate certain type of players on these servers. The, "round start break into captains and steal spare and ruin the fucking round". The kind of people who play only to ruin someone elses's game. I would fucking kill them on the spot, they are trash who serves no purpose. Alas I bet I would get bwoinked.

But dying is part of the game. Muh paranoia. Oh fuck off. Even in the hayday of parapen and parasteng there weren't solo antags literally trying to rack up the murder score and beat some kind of records. There are people who will buy no slips, double esword, drag soap and announce over radio within 1 minute that they gonna murderboner. Fuck them.

And I hate fucking destruction and explosions. Remove all the fucking explosives and toxins lab. Literally planting bombs for no other reason than to fuck shit up. And then fuck gets exploded, and no will actually fix it other than plug the holes, because it just takes too much time.

And I hate the god damn deathmach modes. This is supposed to be paranoia laden space-station simulation. Not "don't do the job just fight because what the fuck else you gonna do" simulation. And the fucking combat sucks anyway. Literally disarm beats everyhing, if you are lucky on the dice roll.

AND LITTERALLY AS I WAS TYPING THIS IN THE NOTEPAD, IN THE BACKGROUND, ALL THIS FUCKING SHIT HAPPENED.

ROUND NUMBER 93034. Literally withing 10 minutes. We have a fucker, breaking into captains office, stealing spare, gear laser. Then fucking running around tasing and lasering random people. For no fucking reason other than to stir shit. AND THEN we have DOUBLE ESWORD MURDERBONER just fucking killing everyone. AND THEN we have also a UNSLIPPABLE UNSTUNABLE SCOTSMAN running around killing like dozens of people with sword. Probably a TC trade because why the fuck not fuck everyone else.

Oh I almost forgot, in the same round a fucking morph ate whole armory. Because why the fuck not. Shit like morph and revenant exists only to ruin and destroy. Oh and kudzu was released too.

Why the fucking fuck.

Admins are ok I guess. Except when they sapawn unkillable scotsmen, but I'm denied unkillable cak.

Best regards,
Lumbermancer
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #465466

good lumber
obscolene
Byond Username: Obscolene

Post by obscolene » #465506

Lumbermancer wrote:i fucking hate this game because other people have fun in ways i don't agree with but i still play the game i hate so much because ??? why can't everyone just play the game how i want them to FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK
[center]sc#4622 | everybodygangstauntilnig.ga (UPDATED FREQUENTLY)[/center]
[03:46:59]EMOTE: The Dreamweaver/(Steve Leaf) : <b>Steve Leaf</b> starts jacking lizard dick. (129,128,2)
[03:47:33]SAY: Steve Leaf/The Dreamweaver : OH FUCK IM CHOAKING (129,128,2)
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #465510

everyone make bets on when firecage will come back. i give it a year
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
DrunkenMatey
Byond Username: DrunkenMatey

Post by DrunkenMatey » #465511

i fucking hate this game because other people have fun in ways i don't agree with but i still play the game i hate so much because ??? why can't everyone just play the game how i want them to FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #465518

i fucking hate this game because other people have fun in ways i don't agree with but i still play the game i hate so much because ??? why can't everyone just play the game how i want them to FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK
actioninja
Byond Username: Actioninja

Post by actioninja » #465529

It sure sucks that this is the only server in existence with no alternatives.
It also sucks that you can't just start your own server and do things differently.
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #465530

[quote="obscolene"][/quote]

My way is the right way.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
wubli
Byond Username: Wubli

Post by wubli » #465566

firecage wrote:Or hell, I try to renovate the Derelict? Lol, nope, someone bombs it and me because they are an antag, so they can.
who goes to the derelict for bombing it?????????????
argentina campeón :peel: :peel: :peel:
what's cooking good looking i'm jill desouza and i am here to try
IkeTG
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Post by IkeTG » #465569

hi just done 8-)
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #465577

Lumbermancer wrote:Remember when we had an opportunity to send general feedback through the client? Well, I was after few whisky shots, so I was rambling and unfortunately found out that text box was too small to handle all my shitposting. What a shame, thankfuly I saved it all! What better time to post it than now!
Spoiler:
I hate hate this game. I hate what it's becoming. Back in the day it was simpler but it felt as a whole. Now we are getting more and more smaller games roughly connected together.

Lava planet. Stupid fucking idea. Have a "PvE" zone, where people fight monsters. Why? This game is supposed to be about the station. And serisouly, did no one predict this shit is gonna be powergamed to hell and back? Less then 10 minutes and most powergamy of fuckers will have the purple fucking staff monster killed, five more and they are decked in all sorts of gear. And then, they gonna look to get them valids on, or grief or do whatever the fuck. Mining ore is incidental, and only in service of getting more shit.

Xenobiolgy. Used to be a silly job where you would breed slimes. Grab them monkeys, shove them in. Separate slimes in pens. Follow the chart. Now everything is fucking automated. You sit on the god damn chair, in front of a computer, and do everything without even moving. Again, powergaming. Back in the day getting gold slime was an achievement that required work, now it's 15 minute mark. Fucking get golden core, spawn monsters, probably on the escape shuttle. Get sentient potions, give the to monsters, cause grief. Lmao lets make changelings. Fuck this.

Circuits. Actually impressive from coding standpoint, and you need some smarts (or pastebin) to do stuff. But why the fuck is this a thing? Again, to powergame. Build killbots. Build griefbots. If not, make stuff that feels like you're bending the laws of space and time (the game code) to achieve things that shouldn't be IC possible.

Fucking sentient disease. Dude contagion lmao. Again, the player just does shit for his own sake. The interaction with everyone else is just to cause grief.

And fucking ghost roles. Dude lets go to another station and rebuild it. Dude lets have a a syndicate base where we do syndicate stuff. Dude lets spam shit over radio.

Literally each is its own minigame, the effects you then release into the wild. Fuck this.

And I hate certain type of players on these servers. The, "round start break into captains and steal spare and ruin the fucking round". The kind of people who play only to ruin someone elses's game. I would fucking kill them on the spot, they are trash who serves no purpose. Alas I bet I would get bwoinked.

But dying is part of the game. Muh paranoia. Oh fuck off. Even in the hayday of parapen and parasteng there weren't solo antags literally trying to rack up the murder score and beat some kind of records. There are people who will buy no slips, double esword, drag soap and announce over radio within 1 minute that they gonna murderboner. Fuck them.

And I hate fucking destruction and explosions. Remove all the fucking explosives and toxins lab. Literally planting bombs for no other reason than to fuck shit up. And then fuck gets exploded, and no will actually fix it other than plug the holes, because it just takes too much time.

And I hate the god damn deathmach modes. This is supposed to be paranoia laden space-station simulation. Not "don't do the job just fight because what the fuck else you gonna do" simulation. And the fucking combat sucks anyway. Literally disarm beats everyhing, if you are lucky on the dice roll.

AND LITTERALLY AS I WAS TYPING THIS IN THE NOTEPAD, IN THE BACKGROUND, ALL THIS FUCKING SHIT HAPPENED.

ROUND NUMBER 93034. Literally withing 10 minutes. We have a fucker, breaking into captains office, stealing spare, gear laser. Then fucking running around tasing and lasering random people. For no fucking reason other than to stir shit. AND THEN we have DOUBLE ESWORD MURDERBONER just fucking killing everyone. AND THEN we have also a UNSLIPPABLE UNSTUNABLE SCOTSMAN running around killing like dozens of people with sword. Probably a TC trade because why the fuck not fuck everyone else.

Oh I almost forgot, in the same round a fucking morph ate whole armory. Because why the fuck not. Shit like morph and revenant exists only to ruin and destroy. Oh and kudzu was released too.

Why the fucking fuck.

Admins are ok I guess. Except when they sapawn unkillable scotsmen, but I'm denied unkillable cak.

Best regards,
Lumbermancer
This but unironically
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #465582

Deitus wrote:
Lumbermancer wrote:Remember when we had an opportunity to send general feedback through the client? Well, I was after few whisky shots, so I was rambling and unfortunately found out that text box was too small to handle all my shitposting. What a shame, thankfuly I saved it all! What better time to post it than now!
Spoiler:

Why the fucking fuck.

Best regards,
Lumbermancer
This but unironically
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #465583

Deitus wrote:
Spoiler:

Why the fucking fuck.

Best regards,
Lumbermancer
This but unironically
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #465592

IkeTG wrote:hi just done 8-)
based
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Retardedgrayshit
Byond Username: Darkness12344

Post by Retardedgrayshit » #465741

jklhjklhjklhjklhjklhjkljklh
Last edited by Retardedgrayshit on Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #465748

I love posts like these because its people bitching about others having fun and how they can’t have fun anymore.

You guys take 10% of the rounds you play where you had a dick ruin it and forget the other 90%.

Bagil is the sponge for assholes, people with short attention spans, and people who like combat. No fucking dip you aren’t gonna find the game you want there.

Theres more truth to Lumber’s post than I care to admit but it still has some stupid content. Lavaland is fine. Ghost roles are fine (the ones you mentioned at least). Xenobio is a really fun job to play. Who the fuck cares if its automated, theres more content to unlock so you need to go faster.
[this space reserved]
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #465791

What we're (or I am, at least) talking about is you having fun solely at the expense of the others. So some people just can't have fun anymore, because you're having it. I don't need you to agree, but do you understand at least?

And you are right about Bagil, but unfortunately nobody plays on Sybil (40+ is a sweet spot) and Terry tends to drag on for too long (wrap it up around 60-90m mark lads). So Bagil is...The Best of the Worst.
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #465799

firecage: ughh, people make it impossible to have fun working
also firecage: tc trades for a staff of lockers and just runs around lockering people, wasting a minute of their time but doing nothing interesting
also firecage: tc trades for a staff of healing and memes so hard and negates all conflict from the round whatsoever, ruining the experience of every other traitor.
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #465801

Zoey Webb hardly does anything at all usually.
Kraso
Byond Username: S0ldi3rKr4s0
Github Username: Kraseo

Post by Kraso » #465807

confused rock wrote:firecage: ughh, people make it impossible to have fun working
also firecage: tc trades for a staff of lockers and just runs around lockering people, wasting a minute of their time but doing nothing interesting
also firecage: tc trades for a staff of healing and memes so hard and negates all conflict from the round whatsoever, ruining the experience of every other traitor.
also firecage: breaks into your freezer room and kills your goat for tossing them out of your kitchen after they also broke in
Qbmax32
Byond Username: Qbmax32
Github Username: qbmax32

Post by Qbmax32 » #465816

lexia black did this
my admin feedback thread

quotes
Spoiler:
wesoda25 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:02 am Qbmax32 is quite literally one of the dumbest individuals I have ever had the misfortune of coming into contact with. He has zero redeemable traits, and honestly I have to suppress my gag reflex every time he shows up in a conversation.
Malkraz wrote:YES
DRINK THE PISS QB
angelstarri wrote:qbmax is a retard
imsxz wrote:mythic please stop you’ve hit rock bottom and you KEEP DIGGING
deedubya wrote:I'll defend to the death your right to scream "NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER" on a constant basis, but I'll also equally defend the right of people to call you a fuckin' pillock for doing it.
datorangebottle wrote:what, not having to act like customer service in a volunteer customer service position?

Here's a rebuttal: you're literally in a customer service slash celebrity position. Volunteer or not.
Malkraz wrote:can you stop posting this shit
Nalzul wrote:Fuck Blob (can you imagine how hot it would be to be gangbanged by a bunch of blobbernauts, the blob, and spores)
Wyzack wrote:qbmax your pathetic display of abhorrent burgercraft has brought shame onto the omnivores
Plapatin wrote:i AM the senate
BONERMASTER wrote:I am a big thinker, and it would only be logical if my character had a big head as well. And glasses. Because only people that think, wear glasses.
feem wrote:i tried to send canisters of urine to the station but ended up turning all oxygen into urine and breaking lavaland and also breathing
Anonmare wrote:Each post in this thread can't settle on what it wants to be, but yet, each one is more cursed than the last.
Beesting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.
Vile Beggar wrote:i don't like this thread
imsxz wrote:nervore
FantasticFwoosh wrote:I will whisper sweet nothings that will confuse and perhaps scare you a little, but enhance the experience no-less.
afelinidisfinetoo wrote:By the way, the person who posted that catgirl porn on the github page was me. If anyone wants my private stash just PM me
Nervere wrote:Anything for a femoid.....
Qbopper wrote:I'm a dumb poopy butthead
CitrusGender wrote:god i love it when people feed me my own fried legs
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #465817

Qbmax32 wrote:lexia black did this
qboppers alt is lexia black
► Show Spoiler
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #465987

so what I'm seeing is two threads, one saying we have too high RP, one saying we have too low
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #466090

this is what I get, all the time
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #466091

bandit wrote:so what I'm seeing is two threads, one saying we have too high RP, one saying we have too low
which bread is this

Mine just says that getting revived is going to become much much harder

also holy fuck murderboners will become more potent

I think both breads agree that those wild killers are crazy with a K
► Show Spoiler
TWATICUS
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Twaticus

Post by TWATICUS » #466375

ImageImageImage
duckay
Byond Username: Duckay

Post by duckay » #467694

I am going to take the bait and say that if you didn't like antags blowing up the station maybe you should have tried something more RP-esque.
Paradise has some fucked rulings about antagonists, maybe that'll fit your style.

But antags blowing up the station, summoning kudzu, supermatter delaminations, teslas, singuloth loosing will most likely stay even if the forum-posters rally around 'improving' combat and roleplay, when in reality all it does is make things unnecessary, because it's mostly TG's most prized selling point.
RP (albeit not alot) and space assholes.

Also, wizards are naturally meant to be space assholes, not because they have to but because if they don't they're more than likely be hunted and killed by validhunters.
something
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #468020

lol
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

chesquatt
Byond Username: CheSquatt

Post by chesquatt » #468137

Who remember Sybil 2-3 years ago? like, wtf is this guy whining about? I remember when a round went 20-45 minutes average and was basically just assistants coming up with creative new ways to fuck up the station and their coworkers. TG got paradisesque for like, a few months, and it's now far away from being that carebear, but it's pretty tame, and well balanced as it stands, especially when contrasted with all the other wild fucking manifestations folks who have been around a few years have seen.
Chopin's Op. 9 No. 2
Jaimon
Byond Username: Jaimon

Post by Jaimon » #468479

Its a dirty game...
IkeTG
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Post by IkeTG » #468533

I don't understand the goal of telling everyone you quit playing something, it's a complete net loss for you. You're both giving yourself a needless obligation, and setting up expectations that could result in ridicule and mockery. If a game stops being fun or enjoyable for you, it would be considerably weirder if you kept forcing yourself to play it...