Appeals which have been closed.
Trickster
Byond Username: AkaTrickster

[Virtual John] AkaTrickster - flooding plasma in SM, war-ops metabomb

Post by Trickster » #467572

Byond account and character name: AkaTrickster "Maximillian Logue"
Banning admin: Virtual John
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Jobban, Engineering
Ban reason and length: During War-ops, tried to use plasma canisters in the ports for the SM shard in an attempt to blow it up. Asked earlier how to do engineering, being new and all. In the future, do not attempt to blow up the shard as a non-antag or without very good reasoning. You may appeal this on the forums when you feel you can handle engineering again.
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2018-08-28 02:46:53
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Bagil
Your side of the story: Frankly I just wanted a way of disrupting war ops and, at the time, was pretty desperate, so I decided to blow up the SM. An ass borg was trying to pull me out of engineering to stop my (unintelligent) plan, little did I know he would end up locking me inside engineering safe storage with no way out, so instead of suiciding I busted open a can of plasma and choked to death. Frankly it wasn't the wisest choice, but at the time it felt alright.

Why you think you should be unbanned: After months of playing /tg/ and getting a grip of the codebase, the community and the guidelines, I feel I can handle engineering without being a power-hungry SM-delaminating-on-roundstart kind of guy, and many hours of hacking into places as an assistant (and uncounted ones of reading the wiki), exploring other roles and overall enjoying the game, have turned me to the realization that I frankly miss engineering, be it by creating interesting gas mixes or simply enjoying the chaos a traitor engineer can create. In summary, I'm not the same player I was when I made that decision (and albeit still being a little bit chaotic) I understand the impact a small choice can have on everyone else's game experience.
Virtual John
Byond Username: Virtual John

Re: [Virtual John] AkaTrickster - flooding plasma in SM, war-ops metabomb

Post by Virtual John » #467631

Looking at your notes, you don't have any notes regarding engineering or other horrible antics that involve it. That being the case, I am going to approve this and take down the job bans. I will ask that you keep up the good behavior though. That being said, have fun with engineering!