Ban Appeal Round ID 100058-Subject217

Appeals which have been closed.
MarcusRoland

Ban Appeal Round ID 100058-Subject217

Post by MarcusRoland » #468234

MarcusRoland is the account name, same character name, same forum name! Hi guys!

Banning admin: Subject217

Ban type (What are you banned from?): Sybil and Bagil Play

Ban reason and length: 2 days, death of two crew members during attempted excision of blob from station using a method I was unaware wouldn't work.

Time ban was placed (including time zone):4:20-ish West coast

Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Sybil!

Your side of the story: I had joined as a scientist, and got to working in the department, meet and greeting, and talking xeno with the boss. We then got an alert of a blob infestation oh no! I immediately headed to security to gear up to fight the blob, where I was given a single laser pistol, and told the armory had been raided and there weren't guns to fight blob. I decided as a scientist I should come up with an alternative, a bomb, super heated gas maybe? OH! I know a bluespace bag bomb. Now I mostly play late at night, and I missed the patch that made that just teleport the blob somewhere else. That wasn't the issue however, as the admin explained the issue was that two crew members had died during my attempt to bomb the blob and save the station. I had announced my intentions several times to several important crew members (HOS, RD, and other security staff), as well as make my intentions MANY times over public radio, so people can either say no, or what not. Not only was this measure despite the risks approved ( by same heads), MANY warnings were made during my run to atmos, and the subsequent bomb.

Why you think you should be unbanned: From my memory from other issues, such as bombs for blowing up nuke ops/blobs or other station threatening entities, weaponry or tactics that can cause crew member death or collateral dammage are generally allowed as long as you aren't ATTEMPTING to kill other crew, as the station threat is bigger. 24 hours for causing two deaths (which was stated ban reason), during fighting a stationwide threat I don't believe is warranted from how I have seen antags and station threats handled before. Most of the time improvised bombs kill a chunk of blob, and four or five crewmembers who didnt run. Or similar situations with welderbombs and cultists.

If nothing else I kind of feel miffed that he attached "Stop doing asisnine reckless things, your ruining peoples rounds" by an admin I encountered for the first time today. With no other incidents of note for quite some time.
subject217
Github User
Byond Username: Subject217
Github Username: subject217

Re: Ban Appeal Round ID 100058-Subject217

Post by subject217 » #468236

If you want precedent, I've got this headmin ruling for you. https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 62#p329751

As far as I'm concerned this is denied.
Nervere
Byond Username: Nervere
Github Username: nervere

Post by Nervere » #468237

MarcusRoland wrote:From my memory from other issues, such as bombs for blowing up nuke ops/blobs or other station threatening entities, weaponry or tactics that can cause crew member death or collateral dammage are generally allowed as long as you aren't ATTEMPTING to kill other crew
Your understanding is incorrect. If you do something incredibly destructive like BoH-bombing, and it doesn't end the round, you'll be held responsible for the deaths that you cause. You take a big gamble when you do something like that.
In your case, this couldn't possibly have gone well for you even if the blob did die, because the shuttle would still have to arrive after the blob died and you'd still be responsible for the deaths you caused.
I can appreciate that you announced what you were going to do, but it doesn't make it any more justified to BoHbomb a relatively populated area. In that regard, again, you're still responsible for the deaths and damage you caused.
Appeal is denied.
MarcusRoland

Post by MarcusRoland » #468249

Wait the admin that DID the ban can deny the appeal? And I getchu Nervere. Thanks for explaining it.
subject217
Github User
Byond Username: Subject217
Github Username: subject217

Post by subject217 » #468253

That's functionally how it works. There are two points to a ban appeal, in general. The first is if something about the ban reason is factually incorrect or lacks context that it deserves, and you are appealing on this basis. The second is headmin oversight, in that they can overrule the the admin who banned you if they disagree with the admin's reasoning. If you appeal a ban and your appeal is denied by the banning admin, my understanding is that you could ask a headmin about the appeal, or you could make an admin complaint once the appeal is closed.
MarcusRoland

Post by MarcusRoland » #468254

See? Learn something new everyday. Today I learned two.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #468665

Looks resolved.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg