Ghost role: Mouse

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Aquir
Byond Username: Aquir

Ghost role: Mouse

Post by Aquir » #468648

Mouse should be a ghost role!

Mice could run around, and as objective, survive, avoid janitor's traps, collect trash points + regain health by eating food waste.
And the game could display the fattest mouse at the end of the round, could be fun..

Personally I would imagine this to be a light, fun role for dead players just to pass the time, so, since anyone can kill them in one hit, they could have a 5-second escape timer if they're caught by a mouse-trap on the hallways, and the trash they eat could help regain their health-loss from the traps.
They could eat waste by clicking it.

Eat:

- wrappings of vendor snacks (as food remains)
- completely used-up food (corn cobs, the sometimes too big amount of banana peels, thrown tomato-remains on the floor, thrown egg, etc.)
- cockroach
- glowing goo and other stuff that come out at "scrubbers network backpressure surge" event, etc.
- vomit. eww (great yummy stuff after rad storms!)
- cigarette butt!
- (perhaps: food that has been bitten at least once and also lying on the floor, and not the table)?

Cannot eat:

- all food that still can be eaten by crew (except if bitten food on the floor counts)
- limbs, other body parts, gibs
- liquids: drips of blood, motor oil
- medicine: pills, patches on floor
- no chewing on wires, shoes, or cardboard material, etc., so they could not interact with any object the crew needs

Mice can be briefed by text about what they can eat, or maybe there could be some indicator sign(!) above the accessible food type.
And if they want out, they could just ghost at no cost, and other dead players could take control of the mouse again.

Also, with the increasing amount of trash they (all mice, collectively) eat, new mice could spawn randomly in maint. Greater mess = more mice!

Plus:
- No picking up, no pulling.
- No talking to other than mice.
- They shouldn't trigger AI turrets (if they do).
- They could hide like alien larvae.
- They could have some night vision for maintenance tunnels.
- They could use vents and crawl under doors (like drones), which would completely ignore them (doors close on them without re-opening or hurting them).
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Re: Ghost role: Mouse

Post by Lumbermancer » #468685

Well let me shill my idea for Pest Wars again. Where all ghost roles are removed, and only drones and pests remain. They battle for supremacy, drones (and janitor) maintaining, and pests shitting up and breaking stuff. After round ends the score is calculated and one side is the winner.

All in the background, without disrupting the round proper in any MAJOR way. Code it Quentinus Moodletus.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #468731

In a world of maint tunnels and scraps, 2 factions fight in endless conflict: The Order of Cleanliness and The Coven of Messes.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #468738

This guy gets it, he always gets it. Why he is not an admin yet.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Floiven
Byond Username: Brak7000

Post by Floiven » #468750

Lumbermancer wrote:Well let me shill my idea for Pest Wars again. Where all ghost roles are removed, and only drones and pests remain. They battle for supremacy, drones (and janitor) maintaining, and pests shitting up and breaking stuff. After round ends the score is calculated and one side is the winner.

All in the background, without disrupting the round proper in any MAJOR way. Code it Quentinus Moodletus.
This sounds entertaining as heck. Random human level intelligence is one of the best random events (spawned red slimes are great too), and this sounds great.
Qustinnus
Byond Username: Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » #468766

Lumbermancer wrote:Well let me shill my idea for Pest Wars again. Where all ghost roles are removed, and only drones and pests remain. They battle for supremacy, drones (and janitor) maintaining, and pests shitting up and breaking stuff. After round ends the score is calculated and one side is the winner.

a mice station destruction victory you say?