Appeals which have been closed.
Devily
Byond Username: Redusk

[DaxYeen] Redusk - Banned for cremating a valid

Post by Devily » #472941

Byond account and character name: Redusk / Jackie Dandy
Banning admin:DaxYeen
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Out of the server, I was kicked out
Ban reason and length: "Cremated someone because they changed their DNA partially. Cremating is way too far." Ban is one day long
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2019-01-30 17:39:24 (Server time)
Server you were playing when banned: Terry
Your side of the story:
I had a permanent trauma, decided with roboticist to get killed and then cloned to remove it.
Did the whole thing.
Geneticist came, injected my corpse with DNA changing serum, then left me to be cloned.
Discovered this I went, killed him, tried unsuccessfully to get changed back and then cremated it for being a shitter.
Why you think you should be unbanned
I worked my ass off for three hours in a shift only to get DNA changed by a shitter, him getting what he deserves as a valid and ME getting banned because of it.
How is that?
I got permabrigged in other rounds, killed, sent to gulag, murdered because I was either at the wrong place, was wearing the wrong items or just tried to defend myself or whatever other reason.
Hell, I even begged those killing me "AT LEAST FUCKING BORG ME" but no, they get to play psycho, do the whole "lol you're in cuffs let me taunt you" and then I get killed and locked up in perma.
When I adminhelp, I'm told "Too fucking bad, you painted yourself valid, you deserve whatever is coming to you".
And now I'm getting banned because the same happened but in reverse.
I don't understand why the am I being banned for killing a shitter that knowingly fucked with me and (assuming) knowingly knows what being turned valid means.
Either you're not valid and then you don't deserved to get lynched or cremated or you are valid and deserve to get lynched and cremated.
Tell me how it works at the very least, so in the future I may understand how much I can escalate, is killing then permabrigging fine but cremating isn't?
Permanent gulag is better than permabrigging?
I'm understandably upset right now but I want to understand at what point can I actually retaliate and at what point can I ask the admins for help.
MortoSasye
Byond Username: MortoSasye

Re: [DaxYeen] Redusk - Banned for cremating a valid

Post by MortoSasye » #472944

The problem here seems to be that you cremated the person instead of just killing them, which was overescalation and permanently removes them from the round with no chance to get cloned.

Aka the reason you got banned.
Bella Rouge; no, it's not Rogue
NSFW:
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #472945

MortoSasye wrote:The problem here seems to be that you cremated the person instead of just killing them, which was overescalation and permanently removes them from the round with no chance to get cloned.

This, appeal denied.
Devily

Post by Devily » #472952

MortoSasye wrote:The problem here seems to be that you cremated the person instead of just killing them, which was overescalation and permanently removes them from the round with no chance to get cloned.

When does the overescalation ends then?
Again, I got permabrigged, permagulag for doing even less severe things than that, once I got perma gulag because i detonated a random EMP near brig, harming nobody and freeing no prisoners.
Is permagulag not being permanently removed from the round then?

Not angry anymore, genuine question, if it is so then I'll make sure to perma gulag instead of cremating next time.
I really want to understand.
MortoSasye
Byond Username: MortoSasye

Post by MortoSasye » #472955

Devily wrote: When does the overescalation ends then?
Again, I got permabrigged, permagulag for doing even less severe things than that, once I got perma gulag because i detonated a random EMP near brig, harming nobody and freeing no prisoners.
Is permagulag not being permanently removed from the round then?

Not angry anymore, genuine question, if it is so then I'll make sure to perma gulag instead of cremating next time.
I really want to understand.
I would say the difference between being cremated and perma'd is that with the latter you have a chance to escape. Also, if you get permabrigged by sec for minor things you can ahelp since that would be abusive behavior from them.

Instead, by cremating someone you destroy their body and any way of they to return back to the game (With the exception being ghost roles obviously)

There is precedent for this here: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 34&t=20593
Arianya wrote:Not being obligated to revive the instigator != being given the right to remove someone permanently from the round. The protection referred to in that rule is the protection of being revived if you weren't the instigator.

You are under no obligation to revive an instigator, but there's a wide reef between "not reviving an instigator" and "aborting their cloning cycle and then cremating them", especially since there was no reason that I can see to do so other then wanting to "win the fight", as its not like the still cloning person could have been wearing your gloves.

This is consistent with how it's been enforced in the past, and so Morto was correct to punish you in this case.

In light of that, I'm going to deny this appeal.
Bella Rouge; no, it's not Rogue
NSFW:
Devily

Post by Devily » #472956

I didn't abort his cloning cycle.
I told the chemist and roboticist not to clone and they agreed.

You're discussing semantics if you tell me that killing someone and then throwing them in permabrig/gulag is any different than being cremated: we both know in both scenario the guy is going to have to sit out.
Knowing this is what is acceptable, however, from now on I will refrain from destroying the brain and instead opt for such "less extreme" measures.
Noting down, however, that this is what you're telling me I can do to someone painted as valid.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #472965

seems like the ban taught you the lesson you needed to learn then
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #473353

Ban has expired, and since the accuracy of the note is not being called in question, I'm gonna consider this resolved unless there's a reply to this thread by tomorrow.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #473423

Morto literally took the words out of my mouth.

Denied.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg