Help Zango Play (Resolved)

General SS13 Chat
ZangoZett

Help Zango Play (Resolved)

Post by ZangoZett » #47250

So, for whatever reason, I can't seem to be able to connect to the server. No idea why.

I'm trying to play off my School's (Pitt, if that matters) wifi, and it just won't connect.

Instead, whenever I try it opens the Byond server browser for SS13, and other servers show up fine.

I can also view the banners on the main page fine (so I know I can read data from el serveos) but that's about it.

EDIT: WOW I'M DUMB, FORGOT TO LOGIN TO BYOND.
Last edited by ZangoZett on Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BangingDonk
Byond Username: BangingDonk

Re: Help Zango Play

Post by BangingDonk » #47251

Did you get an error that says "Connection Failed" when you try to connect? If so, you might have gotten dinged by an IP ban somehow. You can contact SoS on IRC about it, if that's the case. Otherwise, I dunno, try uninstalling/updating Byond?
ZangoZett

Post by ZangoZett » #47252

BangingDonk wrote:Did you get an error that says "Connection Failed" when you try to connect? If so, you might have gotten dinged by an IP ban somehow. You can contact SoS on IRC about it, if that's the case. Otherwise, I dunno, try uninstalling/updating Byond?
No, that's the thing, I get no feedback at all. Byond just opens the server browser for SS13 and that's it. I could play just fine when I was home on Thanksgiving break, but now I can't connect from school again.
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #47254

Don't play on your school's wifi
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Saintish
Byond Username: Saintish

Post by Saintish » #47309

it's an issue with the pager
two things you can do:
uninstall+reinstall BYOND
or
wait on the desktop long enough and the window will pop up and you can play

try hard-booting as well
LA MAYONESA
Byond Username: LA MAYONESA

Post by LA MAYONESA » #47354

could be blockin' it, ye scallywag
Fragnostic
Byond Username: Fragnostic

Post by Fragnostic » #47391

My uni's dorm wifi also blocked BYOND connections in general, so I used to use Spotflux and that usually took care of it and I connect just fine. It is one of the best VPN, I think. But the free version has ads, but those are bearable/hilarious so prepare for those. The link is https://spotflux.com
I don't know if running your connections through a VPN, like using a web browser proxy, will make your connection a bit slower, but SS13 was bearable for me, and Spotflux is considered as a secure transmission so it is probably not blocked
ZangoZett

Post by ZangoZett » #47400

OP updated, issue resolved.
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Re: Help Zango Play (Resolved)

Post by AnonymousNow » #47506

I'm also having issues with BYOND.

It has a tendency to hang completely between rounds - very, very regularly. I have to close and reopen BYOND in order to get back into the game, and often this fails, too, and I must try repeatedly.

If I have to watch that bloody Kingdom Hearts advert again I'm going to burn down my local GAME.

What could be causing this?
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
Jordie0608
Site Admin
Byond Username: Jordie0608
Github Username: Jordie0608

Post by Jordie0608 » #47534

If you get disconnected at the end of a round, right click the BYOND icon top-left of the window and you'll get a dropdown menu. Go to client and hit reconnect.
Forum Admin
Send me a PM if you have any issues, concerns or praise of fishfood to express about the forums.
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #47724

Jordie0608 wrote:If you get disconnected at the end of a round, right click the BYOND icon top-left of the window and you'll get a dropdown menu. Go to client and hit reconnect.
I have no such menu, at least not one that shows reconnect.

It never actually seems to disconnect - it just hangs.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
moyogo

Post by moyogo » #49087

Don't want to make a whole new thread for this, so here goes.

I had to do a bunch of port forwarding shit to be able to play here in the first place. The other day, I started getting the same problem I had before I did that, namely I can't connect to any server at all. I don't really know where to go from here, since I've done all the port forwarding stuff, and haven't installed any new AV or FW programs.