Straight up just remove free golems

wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Straight up just remove free golems

Post by wesoda25 » #476104

We've made so many threads for this, my last one was locked, imsxz is in coding ideas now and collecting dust. I want golems removed, and was informed its a policy issue (configs I guess).

Golems always find a way of impacting a round in an incredibly heavy way, derailing them 9/10 times they come aboard the station. They make AIs with meme laws, and are given the most powerful gear in the game. Not to mention, they can respawn instantly, and are easy to grudge with.

Just ban bad players doesn't work, because the problem just won't die. If you can't trust players with it, remove it.
[this space reserved]
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Re: Straight up just remove free golems

Post by Arianya » #476105

I'm opposed to a wholesale removal/disabling without even attempts to change the code connected to it, as have been suggested several times both in other policy threads and in coding ideas.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #476109

I have a feeling that you are in the minority Wesoda. Free golems are one of the most sought after ghost roles because of the freedom they give you. You can actually do shit besides travel to the station as a golem, and other ghost roles eventually run out of shit to do.

Other ghost roles can disrupt rounds just as much by traveling southwest and finding the mining station.

Golem AIs are specific to the AIs themselves being shit, not the golems.

Also you are literally free to kill them at any time, and they cant use ranged weapons, and they most at a walking pace.

Also you made a previous thread about this already. People dont agree with you.
teepeepee
Byond Username: Teepeepee

Post by teepeepee » #476114

lmao how is "ban the bad players" not an answer? admins weaseled out of doing that for drones cause "something something badly logged", but with golems griefing there's no way that's a thing (right?)
just remove the bad players, ghostrole permaban on first offence
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #476126

I said one day ill remove them okay?!!!

Just... haven't gotten around to it...
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
zxaber
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Zxaber

Post by zxaber » #476144

How about making players unable to take more than one golem spawn? Seems like it would at least be a step towards preventing mass respawning grief without impacting most golem players.
Douglas Bickerson / Adaptive Manipulator / Digital Clockwork
OrdoM/(Viktor Bergmannsen) (ghost) "Also Douglas, you're becoming the Lexia Black of Robotics"
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #476146

zxaber wrote:How about making players unable to take more than one golem spawn? Seems like it would at least be a step towards preventing mass respawning grief without impacting most golem players.
Im looking into this
[this space reserved]
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #476162

zxaber wrote:How about making players unable to take more than one golem spawn? Seems like it would at least be a step towards preventing mass respawning grief without impacting most golem players.
Would this be for the first 4 free golems or what? Because there is one golem type that is designed to be easy to kill and mass produce. Cardboard golems arent that durable but can produce a fuckton more golems
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #476234

I will admit that adding a short cooldown to spawning as a ghost role would be a good addition. even as short as 120 seconds. Thats a coding solution, not a policy one however.