People not doing their jobs consistently should be job banned

Yakumo_Chen
Byond Username: Yakumo Chen

People not doing their jobs consistently should be job banned

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #476150

I've been talking about this in an assistant thread, but I think it should warrant actual policy.

It's bad for the game when every single player in a department fucks off from their job and refuses to do it. Outside of antags being antags, the base requirement expected for almost every non-assistant job on the station is that you at least make some attempt to do it before going off and doing whatever autism. Departments will work mostly fine if there's at least one person who bothers to spend the 5 minutes doing their thing, but when nobody does their job, the station suffers and admins or the rest of the crew are forced to start intervening (or the shuttle is just called because the round becomes shit)

Some examples:

Engineering: Basic station functionality
Job: So long as there's an AI or borg, engineers barely even have to do their job. Apply wrench to the two N2 cannisters already sitting where they need to be, go get some plasma tanks from the tank dispenser and put them in the collectors sitting near single-pane windows next to the SM. That's literally it, the AI can do the rest.
Consequences: Inevitably the power will run out. Literally nothing functions on the station without a power source, so the round might as well end if nobody wants to bother. Arguably the most important job on the station.

Science: Round progression
Job: We've reduced research to a game where you click buttons on a console and the round progresses. There's also other autism things you can do in science but they contribute nothing to the round typically except autism / antagging
Consequences: Almost none because if the scientists don't push the buttons inevitably someone will break in to press the buttons. It's still shitty if scientists aren't bothering to do any autism though. Consequences used to be greater when research was actually a vaguely involved job.

Mining: Round progression
Job: Bump into the Colossus and die. Also bring ores back up to space maybe
Consequences: The only reason anyone picks miner is to actually do their job, since miners loitering on the station early in the round are almost advertising they are antag. Science and mining are linked in that the round won't progress if neither do anything. Mining is more excusable though since half the time they just die anyway. Rounds without miners are still short-lived though.

Security: Round longevity
Job: Antag deterrent / Antag lootbox
Consequences: I am almost vaguely sure there is at least some expectation in the rules to not just grief / greytide as security or give all your things to a tider. If you want to AFK, go do it in brig

======================================
What should we do?

I'm not saying that you should be banned for not doing your job every single round, but if nobody is doing their job, even after crew harassment to go do it, admins should be taking notes. Seeing power not set up multiple rounds in a row with engineers should be ringing some warning bells. Job bans for people who consistently fuck off to do something else / greytide. If you want to greytide, stick to Assistant.
zxaber
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Zxaber

Re: People not doing their jobs consistently should be job banned

Post by zxaber » #476153

Though it's more a code issue, perhaps nerfing assistants isn't the smartest idea?
Douglas Bickerson / Adaptive Manipulator / Digital Clockwork
OrdoM/(Viktor Bergmannsen) (ghost) "Also Douglas, you're becoming the Lexia Black of Robotics"
somerandomguy
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Post by somerandomguy » #476262

Power lasts like 30 minutes, more than enough for a round on bagil
None of the others actually have any consequences

Also as I've said before at this level of rp we'd start banning validhunters too
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #476272

zxaber wrote:Though it's more a code issue, perhaps nerfing assistants isn't the smartest idea?
Yes, there will always be people who want to play a round with no responsibilities, if playing as assistant is miserable they just choose another role and play it in the exact same way. But it's not necessary a code issue because banning them would also solve the problem (they'll move to another server)
Fatal
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: FatalX1

Post by Fatal » #476304

At least on bagil this is mostly an issue with engineers because regularly there are 3+ and nobody sets up the SM or solars, and then fix nothing

Why even pick engineer if you don't want to build an autism fort or fix the station

Besides free gloves and tools
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #476306

go back to bay
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #476311

Dax Dupont wrote:go back to bay
No.

There needs to be a bare minimum of roleplay for the game to even function as it is designed.

That bare minimum of roleplay should at least be doing the job you signed up as. And not using it as a method to get free swag and greytide.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #476328

when we make people do their jobs via the actual video game mechanics, players throw a hissy fit and just play assistant then HOP into whatever job they want to do

this is not worth your time, stop pushing the point unless you want to add a skills system to go along with this
Dr_bee

Post by Dr_bee » #476337

iamgoofball wrote: this is not worth your time, stop pushing the point unless you want to add a skills system to go along with this
As much as I found Robustin's idea of balance frustrating his engineering GBP idea was a good code solution to this problem. Incentives tend to cause less anger than punishments. flies and honey and all that.

That being said, some policy enforcment would be nice, it sounds very similar to the roundstart suicide on not getting antag.

Non-antags need to play the game in good faith to function. If everyone is greytiding there really is no game at all.
Yakumo_Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #476338

somerandomguy wrote:Power lasts like 30 minutes, more than enough for a round on bagil

Also as I've said before at this level of rp we'd start banning validhunters too
if the shuttle is being called explicitly because there's no power despite living, active engineers and a functioning SM, there's a player problem.
Denton
Byond Username: Denton-30
Github Username: 81Denton

Post by Denton » #476365

IC issue
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #476367

Denton wrote:IC issue
This tbh
Just demote the layabouts
► Show Spoiler
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #476379

no
[this space reserved]
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #476451

player freedom when it comes to your job is one of the pillars that holds server. imagine if we banned atmos techs for building forts when technically they're supposed to just watch the pipes all round.

that said, if somebody ditches their job and it's something critical (a doctor ignoring people, an engineer not setting up power), feel free to beat them up ICly.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #476453

Standards for heads and security already exist. Other than that, IC issue, call security on them or beat them up and do their job for them.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Dr_bee

Post by Dr_bee » #476459

BeeSting12 wrote:Standards for heads and security already exist. Other than that, IC issue, call security on them or beat them up and do their job for them.
The problem is security isnt able to solve the problem typically, due to understaffing or general chaos. And trying to force people to do thier job with force opens you up to murder via shit escalation rules.

If calling security worked engineering wouldnt be greytide with gloves.
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #476462

Be the change you want to see. Only YOU can make doing your job cool again!
[this space reserved]
Yuki
Byond Username: Gmnotutoo

Post by Yuki » #476484

Job ban people who valid hunt instead of doing their job, like Yakumo here.

I don't care about how many people I can make go horizontal, how funny or horrifying the process is matters more to me.
Malkraz
Byond Username: Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #476487

Yakumo_Chen wrote:if the shuttle is being called explicitly because there's no power despite living, active engineers and a functioning SM, there's a player problem.
The shuttle callers are just as much at fault because any braindead monkey can say "AI door" and set up the engine in 3 minutes in the Engineer's place.
wesoda24: malkrax you're a loser because your forum signature is people talking about you
Phony_Name
Byond Username: Phony_Name

Post by Phony_Name » #476489

somerandomguy wrote:Power lasts like 30 minutes, more than enough for a round on bagil

imagine actually having this mindset lmao
PKpenguin321 wrote:player freedom when it comes to your job is one of the pillars that holds server. imagine if we banned atmos techs for building forts when technically they're supposed to just watch the pipes all round.
Obviously the intent isn't to ban people from doing the things they find fun. The thing is, if you pick a job that has responsibility, you should be held to that responsibility. Jobs are jobs, not item access codes. I cannot tell you how many rounds I see a Roboticist make a Durand, 0 borgs, and sit in it waiting for VALIDS to find all round, or an Engineer use their roundstart access to a RCD and insulateds for advanced tiding and not even wrenching the canisters in. This causes everyone else's round to suck as power goes out or no borgs are around to respawn into.
Yuki wrote:Job ban people who valid hunt instead of doing their job, like Yakumo here.
Yakumo's suggestion of it being noteworthy is a good one -- It demonstrates a pattern of shitty behavior, showing the player wants to make 2d men horizontal instead of do anything, and denying someone who actually wanted to do said job the slot. We should not allow jobs to just be big strong item rationing on a battle royale server for valids.
SYBIL
Hypernoblium IV - Shaft Miner, Cargonian, Engineer, Hydroponics
Sophia Morrow - HoP
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #476510

no admin will ever enforce this because the last thing they want to do is argue in ban/note appeals with a community who can't even agree on what it means to play ss13
somerandomguy

Post by somerandomguy » #476556

>imaging having this mindset
I'm not saying it's a good thing, I'm just saying it doesn't derail rounds enough to ban for it
If there was less roundstart power, the engine would actually be important
Yodeler
Byond Username: Supercatbot

Post by Yodeler » #476624

While I don't think people who just wander off or are incompetent should be punished, I don't like it when someone treats a job as an upgraded assistant role. It doesn't bother me if people powergame or break into places, but if they don't do their job and just use the equipment to tide I think they should be told to stop. Ex. Sec robbing people, chemist making only thermite and meth and tiding, engineer breaking into places roundstart instead of getting power.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #476673

Yodeler wrote:While I don't think people who just wander off or are incompetent should be punished, I don't like it when someone treats a job as an upgraded assistant role. It doesn't bother me if people powergame or break into places, but if they don't do their job and just use the equipment to tide I think they should be told to stop. Ex. Sec robbing people, chemist making only thermite and meth and tiding, engineer breaking into places roundstart instead of getting power.
That's a different issue and we already have jobbans for that kind of thing
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #476674

Phony_Name wrote:
PKpenguin321 wrote:player freedom when it comes to your job is one of the pillars that holds server. imagine if we banned atmos techs for building forts when technically they're supposed to just watch the pipes all round.
Obviously the intent isn't to ban people from doing the things they find fun. The thing is, if you pick a job that has responsibility, you should be held to that responsibility. Jobs are jobs, not item access codes. I cannot tell you how many rounds I see a Roboticist make a Durand, 0 borgs, and sit in it waiting for VALIDS to find all round, or an Engineer use their roundstart access to a RCD and insulateds for advanced tiding and not even wrenching the canisters in. This causes everyone else's round to suck as power goes out or no borgs are around to respawn into.
blow it out your ass, roboticists getting to use mechs is 100% legit and i will never, EVER ban them for that (unless theyre blatantly non-antag murderboning or rule breaking or whatever, but that goes without saying). i will ESPECIALLY not ban them for not building you "borgs to respawn into", you big baby.
Spoiler:
Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #476676

Yodeler wrote:While I don't think people who just wander off or are incompetent should be punished, I don't like it when someone treats a job as an upgraded assistant role. It doesn't bother me if people powergame or break into places, but if they don't do their job and just use the equipment to tide I think they should be told to stop. Ex. Sec robbing people, chemist making only thermite and meth and tiding, engineer breaking into places roundstart instead of getting power.
According to rule 1 precedents unprovoked/serial grief and tiding is already against the rules. For abusing one's position to be deliberately incompetent or malicious is also punishable according to rule 5 precedents. Like PK said, there's stuff already on the books for that. People slacking off, however, is an IC issue.
► Show Spoiler
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #476679

In conclusion players can be fucking cunts.

Deadass just go as department head and demote cunts who don’t do their job.
[this space reserved]
Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #476680

How about we assign people jobs and gulag them if they don't do them
wesoda24: malkrax you're a loser because your forum signature is people talking about you
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #476706

Engineers are a pretty blatant example of a job that is extremely simple at a baseline yet consistently sees people not touching the thing it's supposed to do every round. Fire up the engine. A basic n2 setup takes less than 5 minutes tops if you know how to do it all by heart, and requires next to no knowledge about atmospherics or even advanced setups for the SM to get to work. There isn't an excuse to not do it, yet it happens. It might be worth changing that from a code perspective, sure. Maybe have the station drain of power more quickly by increasing power consumption by a smidgen (and encourages consistently upgrading not just machines but the APC's attached to those machines too, and seeking better more efficient power sources to meet those power demands).

Then maybe you'd have justification for coming down on players consistently flaunting their IC responsibilities as the round literally comes to a crashing halt because of a lack of power.
Yakumo_Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #476726

The people opposing this I see are missing the key word "consistently", as in, every round. I don't care if an atmos tech fucks off in a round to build a fort somewhere. I do think if the atmos tech is fucking off from their job every single round to greytide until someone kills them, or are blatantly obviously only playing atmos tech for antag rolls to flood plasma, they should just be an Assistant and can just break into atmos on their antag rounds.
Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #476727

ok
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #476729

You can already kill them if they greytide

It's not metagrudging if they greytide every round and you kill them every round
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #476756

Is this a veiled ban request for the guy who rolled captain 10 times in a row yesterday and didn't secure the disk even during nuke ops?
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
lmwevil
Byond Username: Lmwevil

Post by lmwevil » #476812

lol this is a stupid ass thread
Yakumo_Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #476867

Grazyn wrote:You can already kill them if they greytide

It's not metagrudging if they greytide every round and you kill them every round
They are still wasting the job slot and whatever resources they grab roundstart to greytide
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Is this a veiled ban request for the guy who rolled captain 10 times in a row yesterday and didn't secure the disk even during nuke ops?
No, this is just an observation from a lot of play, especially as silicons and not getting any help with the engine despite full departments.

Also as AI observing atmos not set up almost every single round. Why do we even have this as its own job?
somerandomguy

Post by somerandomguy » #476907

>why is atmos it's own job
For advanced gases, firefighting, etc.
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #476912

Yakumo_Chen wrote:The people opposing this I see are missing the key word "consistently", as in, every round. I don't care if an atmos tech fucks off in a round to build a fort somewhere. I do think if the atmos tech is fucking off from their job every single round to greytide until someone kills them, or are blatantly obviously only playing atmos tech for antag rolls to flood plasma, they should just be an Assistant and can just break into atmos on their antag rounds.
Implying admins should waste their time watching for patterns of behavior that usually rides below the radar. Game needs less OOC resolutions and more IC ones, which you could do by demoting these people.
[this space reserved]
tinodrima7020
Byond Username: TinoDrima7020

Post by tinodrima7020 » #476919

>beat people up for not doing their jobs
>get bwoinked, noted, and banned for bad escalation
Very cool
If you see this image please show Subject217 some love. He's in a dark place right now :(
Spoiler:
Fikou wrote:
The problem is that the autistic fucking admins on these SS13 servers, so drunk with power, so intoxicated on the scent of their sweaty ballsacks as they drown in 'decision making' and 'responsibility', things they've never had before, hand out permabans for next to nothing. Why not a 3 month ban? Why not a 6 month ban? No. A fucking perma ban. Nevermind that people change, nevermind that people have shitty days or good days, nevermind that FOREVER IS A FUCKING LONG TIME, no... Permabans. And then they expect you to appeal on the forums so they can have MORE POWER, MORE DECISION MAKING. "HOO HOO, LOOKIT ME MOMMY, I GET TO DECIDE THE FATE OF THIS MAN HOOOO HOOOOOO WOWEEE SO EXCITE, MY LITTLE WINKY WILLY IS GETTING CHUB-CHUB, MOMMY." And let's be fucking absolutely real here, the only reason admins want people to sign up for the fucking forums to fucking ban appeal is so they can sell the members e-mails to, like, Chinese realtors or some shit.
Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #476950

tinodrima7020 wrote:>beat people up for not doing their jobs
Very cool
and that's assuming you win.

If you lose then you get to be dead for the whole round since you did first blood. Security may also side with him instead of you depending on luck.
Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #476957

Ayy Lemoh wrote:
Very cool
and that's assuming you win.

If you lose then you get to be dead for the whole round since you did first blood. Security may also side with him instead of you depending on luck.
I think it will heavily depend on whether you:
A) Jump from asking them nicely to wordlessly beating them within an inch of their life
or
B) Make it a point that they will be demoted, and that if they refuse to cooperate there will be consequences before beating them to a pulp.
► Show Spoiler
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #476959

Very cool
t. hasn't actually tried it
"beat them up" doesn't mean "wordlessly gank them with no warning, murder them, gib them, and bury the remains" btw
Spoiler:
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #476987

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Very cool
"beat them up" doesn't mean "wordlessly gank them with no warning, murder them, gib them, and bury the remains" btw
Currently that's pretty accurate if you put them into Crit, when was the last time you did that
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

somerandomguy

Post by somerandomguy » #477020

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Very cool
If you beat them up but don't kill them they have license to kill you, probably for good
Dr_bee

Post by Dr_bee » #477031

somerandomguy wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:
Very cool
If you beat them up but don't kill them they have license to kill you, probably for good
Which is why solving shit via the "escalation" system never worked. You are opening yourself up to be straight up murdered even if you are in the right. Half the time people WANT you to start shit so they can finish it.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #477037

somerandomguy wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:
Very cool
you people are helpless. yeah no shit if you start getting up on people they can fight back. it doesn't mean the system doesn't work, it means you need to get fucking good instead of crying about how much you fucking suck at the game.

1. Say something like "Hey buddy, go to work or else I'm gonna kick your ass"
2a. They are now listening and working. You are done.
2b. Assuming they ignore you or refuse, start throwing punches
3a. They are now listening and working. You are done.
3b. Assuming they start running or fighting back, keep throwing punches (or use weapons or whatever).
4a. They are now listening and working. You are done.
4b. They are now in crit or dead. Drag their stupid ass to the medbay and throw them over the counter.

If you get whooped instead of them, tough luck. Be more prepared before calling people out next time. Also consider calling for help from sec or any other relevant persons.
Spoiler:
Ispiria
Byond Username: Ispiria

Post by Ispiria » #477038

I regularly play CMO and have three rules for my underlings, which if not followed will result in a forcible demotion (this is one of the reasons heads get telebatons, you know).

Virologist is not allowed to be outside of the lab while infected with an unauthorized virus unless wearing a biosuit.

Chemists who blow up/set fire to chemistry will have medbay access stripped while recovering in cryo or being cloned.

Geneticists who give out powers without checking with myself or the RD will be syringe gunned with mutadone and then have their access removed, and possibly be brigged if they were abusing their own powers.

These are fair rules applying to common non-antag behaviors which I'm well within my IC rights as a head of staff to enforce (read: admins will side with me in escalation), will rarely seem to come out of nowhere to the subject of a demotion, and will far more often than not have the crew and security on my side.

The key in enforcing these things is to be consistent, give fair warning verbally if you think one of the rules is about to be broken ("viro get the fuck back in the lab and put a suit on"), and to never apologize or go back on them so people who work that department come to understand what's expected of them. Randomly beating someone into crit for not doing their job the way you think they should is not how anyone should be dealing with deliquency. Set fair rules, not arbitrary ones, and stick to them, and you'll very quickly see that people in the department will follow them.

If on the other hand they just fuck off roundstart and never show up again, make it known over command radio that you've got a wayward employee so other heads can keep an eye out, then get back to work.
Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #477054

The first part of PKP's post was good but players are gonna get into a lot of trouble if they follow the "just kill them if they run away lmao" part.
>If you choose to retaliate with violence, you in turn have opened yourself up to violence.
>You may instigate conflict with another player within reason (you can't completely destroy their department, kill them unprovoked, or otherwise take them out of the round for long periods of time)
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin

Post by NecromancerAnne » #477072

Yeeting someone out of the round even temporarily for slacking off seems like a fucking horrid suggestion and I can only imagine admins will not like it if you do it frequently. Not only do you risk getting killed yourself and put out for the rest of the round because you chose to throw hands, you are risking getting bwoinked about it and that doesn't seem worth it. Especially when your reasoning was 'they didn't do their job even when I asked', which depending on who is handling on it and how you phrase it might not be enough to convince the admin in question.

If they're not actually doing something griefy and just slacking off you'd be better off just doing the job yourself.
imsxz
Byond Username: Imsxz

Post by imsxz » #477160

>thread about jobbanning people who just straight up ignore their job consistently(round to round basis) >people read it as BAN PEOPLE WHO SLACK OFF

yep, classic TG.

I agree that people who roll for jobs just to dick around with whatever the gear they get is really shitty but IMO it'd be too difficult to handle as a policy issue because both admins and players will interpret it as "ban people for not doing the job to my standards/how i prefer to do it". Not a baseless claim, look at some of the arguments people are using against this thread...

IMO a better way to go about it is to keep all the real fancy gear that people typically roll for behind somehow completing the bare minimum of the job you're assigned to do (ENGINEERING RCD COUGH). Easier said than done of course, but I figure it's a better way to go about it like that than trying to artificially restrict people to playing a specific way, nobody really enjoys that.

Specifically engineering lots of it could be in whatever way require the power grid to have excess power and SMES's to be charging or something. Wouldn't be much of an issue for most jobs, but engineering and chemistry are the biggest offenders of "sign up for grief tools, ignore the actual job" players from personal experience.

please subscribe to me on youtube
terranaut wrote:i saw this video before it was posted here
you too can be cool like me if you just subscribe to imsxz youtube channel :shades:
Arianya wrote:no, not the snails, shut up imsxz
Nervore wrote:I am going to will you out of existence, Imsxz.
One day, you will just cease to exist.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin

Post by NecromancerAnne » #477224

Maybe put RCD's into the premium items on the vendors and a fired engine gives everyone a payrise, since we have this fucking economy system. Although as I understand it, goof's system doesn't play nice with altering pay rates so maybe that's out of the question.