bluespace market

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

bluespace market

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #477743

currently using economy to trade is clunky and boring, as you have to set up a shop in a place and hope someone walks in and wants to buy whatever and even if you were able to sell it you are left with useless cash in your hand which you have to hope someone would accept to give you an item or a service for it
paystands are garbage as you not only need to get the circuit but you also have 1 single price tag

what if there was a vendor fridge like console that shows what everyone is selling and at what price? making it simple to sell and without having to be stuck in a 3x3 place as it will be handled automatically or by cargo, so you can do your job or roam the halls and also get the benefit of trading whatever your deparment produces (slimes, meth, tools, bananas) without downsides, would also make it easier for cargo to sell their big crates of things into separed items like no one would be able to buy a laser crate (2000$) by selling bananas to clowns but if cargo sells 3 laser separately at 500$ it may be possible to actually buy from cargo by selling products of your department

how would it be delivered
cargo should have a mayor role here by doing the delivery: they get a tracker to the buyer id and a box, they have to deliver the box and get it swiped to complete the transiction or you can buy a express rocket for some extra money which gets put in cargos funds maybe have a timer so if cargo is trash it ll be rocketed after 3 min (maybe at expense of cargo)

how would you interact with the console
you load the console with the items you are selling and they can be returned with the id, to "buy" you select all the items you want and make an order, the money gets put in hold until cargo or rocket delivers and then the money gets sent to the seller

would it ruin interaction or rp?
i dont think so as there would be no interaction if no one bought or sold, cargo gets to be a mail man and nothing stops you from selling old style with a market

by having the ability to sell and buy simplified and more accessible without hurting your time will probably make economy more used
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Re: bluespace market

Post by wesoda25 » #477748

I like the idea of a communal vending machine but don't exactly get what you're getting at with the cargo involvement stuff.

It'd be neat if you insert your item, swipe the ID card for whichever account you want proceeds to go to (so department if you want it to go there) and then the money goes to whichever account was assigned to the item.

If we REALLY wanted to make it cool, we could install taxes (10% of every item), which go towards the department of whoever is linked/or the nature of the item. That way, departments get some more money and economy becomes a more sound system.
[this space reserved]
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #477786

inb4 captain bans for inserting his spare for 50000 credits
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
zxaber
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Zxaber

Post by zxaber » #477798

I still don't see this going anywhere. Paysations don't get used for a reason, and that reason is there's nothing of value to buy.

What am I supposed to spend my cash on, a funny hat?
Douglas Bickerson / Adaptive Manipulator / Digital Clockwork
OrdoM/(Viktor Bergmannsen) (ghost) "Also Douglas, you're becoming the Lexia Black of Robotics"
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #477806

Tlaltecuhtli wrote:currently using economy to trade is clunky and boring, as you have to set up a shop in a place and hope someone walks in and wants to buy whatever and even if you were able to sell it you are left with useless cash in your hand which you have to hope someone would accept to give you an item or a service for it
paystands are garbage as you not only need to get the circuit but you also have 1 single price tag
this is why I made it so you could smash cash directly into your ID card, and withdraw cash directly from the ID card

just so you know

just saying

just a thought
somerandomguy
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Post by somerandomguy » #477814

Why have paystations then
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #477842

somerandomguy wrote:Why have paystations then
people asked for them
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #477843

Nobody asked for the economy system goof.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Nalzul
Byond Username: Blargety

Post by Nalzul » #477844

Paystands have some really good gimmicks, plus the commissaries already have the chip for them. I'm glad the signalers were added too, but nobody seems to care about economy.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #477849

economy review

1: the only notable thing about it is that it's an indirect nerf to botany that no one asked for and a meaty direct buff to cargo. Since that's where all the budgets go.
► Show Spoiler
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #478495

The only time paystands were good is when you could just seemingly shit them out of thin air and every corner has an assistant selling “sucker punches” or dead rats for $19,000

Edit: this also seems kinda complicated, why not just a bunch of vending machines that you put your items into at the time of setting up the sale, and when someone buys it it gets dispensed
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #478599

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:The only time paystands were good is when you could just seemingly shit them out of thin air and every corner has an assistant selling “sucker punches” or dead rats for $19,000

Edit: this also seems kinda complicated, why not just a bunch of vending machines that you put your items into at the time of setting up the sale, and when someone buys it it gets dispensed
also yeah lmao you fuckers asked for paystands, i set them up as a holograph setup so people could use them easily, then realism retards came in and shit up the place

complain at the realism retards
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #478602

Lumbermancer wrote:Nobody asked for the economy system goof.
it was paid for and merged, very unaccurate of you
Stillplant
Byond Username: Stillplant

Post by Stillplant » #478788

In real life, money serves as a motivator to get people to do work they do not want to do. Where SS13 differentiates from real life, among others, is: people choose to play SS13, people don't choose to be alive. The guy who plays engineer is already motivated to set up the engine/solars and maintain the station, no additional motivation needed. (That, or he wants roundstart access to isolated gloves, so that he can go greytide better, but since the economy system doesn't actually check whether you are doing your job before paying you, it does nothing to preven these kind of shenanigans.) This means that most players will have next to no interest in acquiring money, the exception being the quartermaster/cargo, assistants, and botany.

This leads to a scenario where the average player will go most of his or her rounds without spending any money. This renders money worthless, which in turn renders the entire economy moot.

In order to fix this, a cash sink would need to be introduced. Something the players can spend money on. My suggestion would be an external merchant, who visits the station and sells things that are not otherwise obtainabe.

Of course, coming up with a list of things for the merchant to sell, and making sure they don't negatively affect game balance, presents a challenge in itself.
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #478793

Stillplant wrote: In order to fix this, a cash sink would need to be introduced. Something the players can spend money on. My suggestion would be an external merchant, who visits the station and sells things that are not otherwise obtainabe.

Of course, coming up with a list of things for the merchant to sell, and making sure they don't negatively affect game balance, presents a challenge in itself.
these are all great ideas that were on my todo list except that i got gitbanned before it could be finished
Caiggas
Byond Username: Caiggas

Post by Caiggas » #478840

iamgoofball wrote:
Tlaltecuhtli wrote:currently using economy to trade is clunky and boring, as you have to set up a shop in a place and hope someone walks in and wants to buy whatever and even if you were able to sell it you are left with useless cash in your hand which you have to hope someone would accept to give you an item or a service for it
this is why I made it so you could smash cash directly into your ID card, and withdraw cash directly from the ID card

just so you know

just saying

just a thought

You did the holochip cash stuff? I LOVE that feature. Good job. One of my steps in combat escalation has become to cuff and rob, then release. It really is a great feature.
“A choice with a clear optimal answer isn't actually a choice, and therefore isn't fun”

VV Quote in which Goofball agrees to follow the will of the players if he gets elected as headmin. VV
Spoiler:
Caiggas wrote:
iamgoofball wrote:
Caiggas wrote:
iamgoofball wrote:
Caiggas wrote: Now, what if you get a majority of feedback against a decision you have made? Are you just going to accept the feedback but ignore it, are you going to "think about it", but still do what you feel is correct, or are you going to COMPLETELY allow the feedback to dictate your decision regardless of your own opinions? For me to concede those last points, I can ONLY accept the last option. Otherwise you can just veto player democracy anytime you feel like it.
like the whistleblower thing, i'm sure some player will come up with a better alternative for the idea that works out and gives more power to the proletariat player and coder instead of the bourgeois
That's not an answer to the question. Let me put it more plainly. If the majority of player feedback is AGAINST a decision you made, are you or are you not going to change the decision to align with the majority of player feedback? Its a yes or no question.
uh, yes? what part of that wasn't clear
Trying to make sure there is no ambiguity in your answer. I don't want you to accuse me of taking something out of context if I ever have to throw the screenshot of this at you.
somerandomguy
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Post by somerandomguy » #478891

iamgoofball wrote:
Stillplant wrote: In order to fix this, a cash sink would need to be introduced. Something the players can spend money on. My suggestion would be an external merchant, who visits the station and sells things that are not otherwise obtainabe.

these are all great ideas that were on my todo list except that i got gitbanned before it could be finished
make patch --> send patch to oranges --> oranges merges patch
You said it yourself in one of the cloning threads
imsxz
Byond Username: Imsxz

Post by imsxz » #478917

replace paystands with custom vendors yes please. Sure it'd detract from the epic roleplay of an assistant RCD'ing into your shop and stealing stuff for lolz, but you'd seea lot more use out of economy that way.

please subscribe to me on youtube
terranaut wrote:i saw this video before it was posted here
you too can be cool like me if you just subscribe to imsxz youtube channel :shades:
Arianya wrote:no, not the snails, shut up imsxz
Nervore wrote:I am going to will you out of existence, Imsxz.
One day, you will just cease to exist.
Time-Green
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Time-Green

Post by Time-Green » #479242

If you wanna up the madness, you could add bluespace trading vendors to techwebs.
Seller 1 has a vendor in his workplace and puts stuff in, and another person somewhere else can then buy it for that price with another vendor.
This removes the problem of people just looting it, but may be too easy.
Fatal
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: FatalX1

Post by Fatal » #479616

Don't replace the paystand board, I use the shop when I do private healthcare and the vendor wouldn't work for that

However, some notification that someone has put money into your account would be useful (if it doesn't exist already)
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #479858

Fatal wrote:Don't replace the paystand board, I use the shop when I do private healthcare and the vendor wouldn't work for that

However, some notification that someone has put money into your account would be useful (if it doesn't exist already)
there is one, apparently someone broke your ID card talking at you
it's supposed to notify you about shit like this